Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:06 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
I am uniquely awful at this game. I've played about 9 rounds and haven't even got a lucky kill. It seems I am completely clueless on the right load ups and stuff because I get like 3 or 4 hit indicators on an enemy and then die from one shot from them. I get to the death screen and it says I inflicted like 24 damage? How can I get bullets that aren't made of rubber??? Seriously, are there any good guides out there for us noobs? I am probably picking up all the wrong stuff. This isn't fun so far....
None of the guns are bad. They are all goode at killing, you just have to adjust to the style. My sugestino is not to pick up any automatic rifles or smgs, except the 301 maybe. Stick with the other guns and focus on hitting with each individual shot, instead of shooting lots of them at once. Like, take extra time to aim before pulling the trigger, dont just hold it down while the reticle is over the enemy.

The pros all use autos, and can hit with most shots, but it takes a lot of practice for that. I also suggest getting used to the skills. Use them as often as you can, even when you dont need to, just to get used to them.

That being said, there ARE different versions of armour in the game. Purple and gold armours reduce damage a lot more than blue and white. You can tell what armour an enemy is wearing by the colour of the damage numbers you make. If the damage is blue, blue armour etc. If you see purple or gold numbers when you hit enemies, try switching to one of the others.

The other thing is also, unless using a shotgun or sniper in close range, dont stand in the open for more than a couple seconds. Get a couple hits, then hide like a coward. Come out and do it again when they switch to a different target. There is three people on your team after all.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:56 AM   #152
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

some great advice there. the single biggest thing with this game though imo, and shadow touched on it a bit, is how you have to change your movement, as opposed to MANY other fps shooters.

in this game, you can't really ever go for "the finishing hit" (or chase enemies) without having SOME sort of backup plan or escape route or cover. since time to kill (TTK) is so insanely long with most weapons, the engagements are VERY long (compared to so many other shooters: cs, battlefield, cod, etc). in most cases, you are not going to down someone unless you hit the head with like most of the bullets in a magazine, and sometimes not even that depending on the weapon used and armor an enemy has.

in a way, it is MUCH more forgiving than csgo or battlefield or even an oldie like cod4 where a single pixel of your exposed model can = instant death. however because the engagements last so long, other things creep up and interrupt, such as other teams, closing circle, etc etc.

so you do mentally have to prepare yourself for a long engagement, which is tricky if you're coming off of one of those other shooters, where after 3 or 4 hitmarkers your job is done. make sure you have armor. make sure you have a decent weapon (r99, r301, peacekeeper/eva 8), and be prepared to fight for quite a long time. also lower the mouse sensitivity WAY down. it will make it easier to control the mouse. I think mine is at around 1.1
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2019, 09:58 AM   #153
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

This game is fun, but sometimes it can be frustrating with players being bullet sponges a lot of the time if they have enough shielding. You can unload an entire clip into somebody and they can still live and return fire.

Still a great game though, and Mirage is hilarious with his bamboozling.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:00 AM   #154
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
None of the guns are bad.
Have to offer a minor correction; the Mozambique is horrendous. It is debatable if punching your opponent is any better than that piece of junk. It's become an in game joke with most players too.

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:05 AM   #155
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
I am uniquely awful at this game. I've played about 9 rounds and haven't even got a lucky kill. It seems I am completely clueless on the right load ups and stuff because I get like 3 or 4 hit indicators on an enemy and then die from one shot from them. I get to the death screen and it says I inflicted like 24 damage? How can I get bullets that aren't made of rubber??? Seriously, are there any good guides out there for us noobs? I am probably picking up all the wrong stuff. This isn't fun so far....
Biggest piece of advice; STICK WITH YOUR TEAM! I can't stress this enough. So many players wander off in their own little world and get caught. If you are alone, YOU WILL DIE. 90% of the time when you encounter an enemy player, his team will be only a few feet away from him and you will be surrounded.

This game really encourages team fighting, so stick with your team (hard to do with random morons though as many don't listen and try to superman everything).

Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:17 AM   #156
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

What about the round startup? When the round starts, I am hunting for guns and such and am slow since I don’t know the tricks. I barely find anything and my team is already leaving me behind. So then I spend the next 5 minutes sprinting to catch them and half the time they are dead or I die before I catch up. Where are they going in such a hurry? I assume they know exactly what to pick up and clear the area super fast while I am trying to figure out what to get. It’s not very noob friendly at the start of the round.
SD-[Inc] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:20 AM   #157
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
What about the round startup? When the round starts, I am hunting for guns and such and am slow since I don’t know the tricks. I barely find anything and my team is already leaving me behind. So then I spend the next 5 minutes sprinting to catch them and half the time they are dead or I die before I catch up. Where are they going in such a hurry? I assume they know exactly what to pick up and clear the area super fast while I am trying to figure out what to get. It’s not very noob friendly at the start of the round.
Guns are randomly spawned, you just have to wander around and find them. Where they are going is either to loot locations, or towards the "circle". It's where the wall will eventually close to.

Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:04 PM   #158
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

A lot of people don't realize that first circle barely hurts and rush in. You can get tapped by that circle a long time and never have to move. I always take my time getting in on the first circle.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2019, 02:51 PM   #159
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Have to offer a minor correction; the Mozambique is horrendous. It is debatable if punching your opponent is any better than that piece of junk. It's become an in game joke with most players too.
Its certainly the worst of the guns in the game, but it isnt "bad". It's damage is up there with the peacmaker. The issue i believe, is with the 3 shot clip the gun has, and maybe the reload. What i would like to see changed about it honestly, is to make it fire all three shots at once like a one handed shawn off.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 03:32 PM   #160
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
I've played about 9 rounds and haven't even got a lucky kill. It seems I am completely clueless
This is a common statement you hear from players new to a specific BR game or BR games in general; it's perfectly normal don't worry about it. Every BR game tends to have it's own unique ebb and flow, and experience (ie doing poorly over many matches but learning from your mistakes) is the only way to improve and eventually settle into the groove.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2019, 03:33 PM   #161
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
This, I have yet to find a squad that wants to stay together. They all run off in different directions and none of them talk to each other. Not sure why they even bother to have their mics on then.

Highest I have ranked is 15 and scored 355 hits or what ever they are called but no kills. This guy just stood there letting me shoot him in the head while I was dancing around trying to dodge (I had full armor of some kind but It was white and I heard that was no good now so..) and what not nearly dead and crawling around and the next guy came in for a kill. Nor sure why the guy that knocked my down did not finish me.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 03:42 PM   #162
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

lol, that and being called stupid c word, when you ask them not to run off on their own. Never once won a round that way. Though have successfully won on the backs of some goode players, and constantly come top 3 in any game the squad sticks together and works together.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 07:13 PM   #163
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Its certainly the worst of the guns in the game, but it isnt "bad". It's damage is up there with the peacmaker.
What, that can’t be right. Peacekeepers can melt shields. Mozambiscuits does like 45 or something max.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 08:36 PM   #164
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

I didnt say it was identical, i said it was up there. 45 is what the wingman does too. Again, showing the mozam is actually not that bad, its just the worst of the weapons. In general, there will always be guns that are better or worse, but they are across the board, all still viable.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 09:48 PM   #165
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
I didnt say it was identical, i said it was up there. 45 is what the wingman does too. Again, showing the mozam is actually not that bad, its just the worst of the weapons. In general, there will always be guns that are better or worse, but they are across the board, all still viable.
Yea but mozam does max 45 afaik to the head. Wingman does 45 to the body, and like 90 to the head. Ofc I don’t agree when people say fists is better than Mozambique but it should be ditched at first opportunity imo.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:47 PM   #166
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
Yea but mozam does max 45 afaik to the head. Wingman does 45 to the body, and like 90 to the head. Ofc I don’t agree when people say fists is better than Mozambique but it should be ditched at first opportunity imo.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:02 AM   #167
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I'm not saying you are wrong, i have not checked its actual damage, but maybe its 45 per hit, and not for the entire shot? like peacemaker it hits multiple times. I have definitely killed enemies with a blue shield from just two shots at close range though.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:22 AM   #168
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Mozambique does 22 to 66 to the head. (does 22 per pellet which is 3 per shot). Wingman does 90 to the head, one bullet.

Peacekeeper does 15 to 165 damage to the head (15 per pellet, which is 11 per shot). Mozam shots 2.2 rounds a second where the Peacekeeper does .97 rounds per second. Which equals 99 dps vs 106.7 dps.

With Shot guns, damage is effected by how many pellets actually connect with the target, per shell, where as with all other weapons there isn't this factor.

there is also projectile speed, the Mozam is 10000, vs the Peacekeepres 16000. Wingman is 18000. Projectile speed can have a huge impact on whether all pellets from a shot gun hit or not, as well as pellet spread.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...weapons-stats/

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Mar 9, 2019 at 03:04 PM.
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:29 AM   #169
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
I'm not saying you are wrong, i have not checked its actual damage, but maybe its 45 per hit, and not for the entire shot? like peacemaker it hits multiple times. I have definitely killed enemies with a blue shield from just two shots at close range though.
I suspect they where already damaged, or they had full blue shield and not full health, or partial shields and full health, as 2 shots all pellets hitting from a Mozam is only 132 damage. Blue shield fully charged absorbs about 75 damage.. it would take 175 damage with full health and full blue shields to down someone.

https://allgamers.com/article/7094/a...n-apex-legends

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2019, 03:35 PM   #170
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

I've finally knocked someone down with my bangalore artillery barrage I think it was someone that my team mate knocked down first from long range and they were revived but had low health. was on the final fight for first place too we swamped those f*ckers real good.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 05:54 PM   #171
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

I've found that the two artillery skills are best used to coral enemies into a place you want to go kill them in, rather than damage. Pretty nice getting a knockdown from it though.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 01:46 AM   #172
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexion View Post
This is a common statement you hear from players new to a specific BR game or BR games in general; it's perfectly normal don't worry about it. Every BR game tends to have it's own unique ebb and flow, and experience (ie doing poorly over many matches but learning from your mistakes) is the only way to improve and eventually settle into the groove.
Yeah, I'm pretty useless. I also feel like the 3 person teams that this game defaults to is a little bit of a detriment for a new player. I'd rather learn the ropes as a solo player, rather than drag everyone else down by not having a clue of what to do. I feel more self-conscious knowing that people are potentially relying on me.

It seems like there's a lot to learn, but you're just thrown into the thick of it. A more comprehensive tutorial or bot match mode might go a long way toward understanding how to play. Maybe there should be separate matches for noobs with no kills under their belt.

It probably doesn't help that I haven't played MP FPS games in probably more than a decade. I remember once being good, but it seems the world has left me behind...
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2019, 03:25 AM   #173
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I'd rather learn the ropes as a solo player, rather than drag everyone else down by not having a clue of what to do. I feel more self-conscious knowing that people are potentially relying on me.
people that rely on randoms to win or succeed are going to have a bad time. your team has no right to ask anything of you. you might be a working man who plays one hour a week, or The Nerd King himself who knows everything about the game. if you hear or see anyone getting mad at you for losing tell them to eat a bag of dicks.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 04:40 AM   #174
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Not to mention, anyone goode enough to win, can usually do it solo, so dont worry about dragging them down. You aint.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:48 AM   #175
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Exactly. Odds are if they are exceedingly good and just playing with randoms, they know that odds are they’re gonna get team mates that aren’t great.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 04:35 PM   #176
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
people that rely on randoms to win or succeed are going to have a bad time. your team has no right to ask anything of you. you might be a working man who plays one hour a week, or The Nerd King himself who knows everything about the game. if you hear or see anyone getting mad at you for losing tell them to eat a bag of dicks.
I agree. I don't like to random much, but it does give me a chance to try new things that my usual partners don't do. Got a chance with the Longbow today and ended up with almost 1000 damage done - no kills, though. My two partners were under level 10 with 0 kills. Wasn't expecting much, but still had fun.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:37 PM   #177
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Tried again last night and played with a team that actually tried to stay together. Even got my first kill. Thought I was good and popped a smoke cloud before trying to revive a teammate but some bastard saw me head in. He followed me in and shot me in the ass for a team loss It was a lot more fun to actually beat 2 teams before dying a glorious death of large amounts of lead inserted into my anus...
SD-[Inc] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:31 PM   #178
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Tried again last night and played with a team that actually tried to stay together. Even got my first kill. Thought I was good and popped a smoke cloud before trying to revive a teammate but some bastard saw me head in. He followed me in and shot me in the ass for a team loss It was a lot more fun to actually beat 2 teams before dying a glorious death of large amounts of lead inserted into my anus...
Yeah, it's the first BR that I actually want to queue up again afterward. Normally I just hate all the setup, dropping in, looting, etc. just to die. Even when I'm dying I'm enjoying this because I can usually figure out the cause or what I did wrong. In PUBG I was just dead with no clue.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2019, 03:24 AM   #179
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
yeah that's how generally you're supposed to do it. if you break someone's shield or down someone, you really gotta push forward pretty fast because either they're gonna be healing up or a team mate will be reviving.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 03:26 AM   #180
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

where is the battle pass
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote