Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 10, 2019, 01:51 AM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
They will end up raising the 12% cut substantially, just to cover costs, and when all said and done, they will be on par with Steam. I suspect they will run the service at a loss the first year or so, to try and get developers on their platform, then they will start increasing there take. Otherwise, they won't be able to sustain it, and it will fail.

BTW, steam share decreases to 25% once the earns $10 million (including "game packages, DLC, in-game sales, and Community Marketplace game fees") , and 20% when it hits $50 Million. This change was done in December. Another note, is most bigger distribution fronts such as GoG, GreenmanGaming, etc also charge 30%.
Steam is a hugely profitable. There's no way that you need to charge 30% just to break even. I wouldn't even be surprised if the 12% cut more than covers any costs.

Also interesting how you point out that Steam has suddenly felt the need to reduce their cut once sales reach a certain point. I'm sure that would have happened purely in isolation without the Epic Store, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
How many have tried and failed. (All of them) Epic will be no different.
Who's actually tried? All the publisher stores apparently have prices pegged to Steam, so they couldn't compete there to win anyone over. And none of them tried to go after the other side of the equation (developer cut) which Steam cannot dictate. It was actually pretty smart of Epic to see how to approach the problem from a different angle.

Epic also took a page right out of Valve's playbook by using Fortnite to push their store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
I want to point something out by the way. Something a lot of people have simply glossed over.

The money given to the developers is ONLY increased for indie devs. The devs attached to publishers are not getting that 12%, they are only getting whatever the they agreed to in their contract with the publisher. 4a no doubt is under nda and can't say anything, but i doubt, no even close to believing that they are getting any more of that 12%, or any more money in general from this deal.

4a are not benefiting from this at all.
How much money is Valve paying them from the extra 18%? Having that money go into Gabe Newell's pocket certainly doesn't benefit 4A or anyone else. More money to the publishers might be the difference between a game losing money, or at least breaking even. Or turning a small profit and being canned, or maybe a decent enough profit to warrant a sequel.

I think it's funny how some of you guys are trying to act like Valve vacuuming up money the way they are is somehow benefitting PC Gaming. Most of the money that goes into Valve is just dead money. It doesn't go back into PC Gaming, whether publishers or developers or anyone else. It doesn't go into developing Steam, which will be apparent when Epic copies every relevant feature from Steam in less than a year.

Valve currently controls the market, so they can demand whatever prices they want, fair enough. But they're not some sort of "good guys" who just deserve their 30% for being so generous and benevolent. They're just as cutthroat as any other large company. They certainly haven't done right to their fans either with just canning Half Life, despite having basically unlimited resources to develop it. Frankly I'm not sure where all this loyalty to Valve comes from.

Last edited by Nagorak : Feb 10, 2019 at 01:59 AM.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2019, 05:07 AM   #212
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Pretty sure valve has been pushing money into rnd for development of the future of gaming for a long time now. an os, steam box, a gamepad, vr, etc. Just because things have not ended up "successful" doesnt mean valve are not doing anything. They are doing more individually then anybody else.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2019, 08:59 AM   #213
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Steam is a hugely profitable. There's no way that you need to charge 30% just to break even. I wouldn't even be surprised if the 12% cut more than covers any costs.

Also interesting how you point out that Steam has suddenly felt the need to reduce their cut once sales reach a certain point. I'm sure that would have happened purely in isolation without the Epic Store, right?

Who's actually tried? All the publisher stores apparently have prices pegged to Steam, so they couldn't compete there to win anyone over. And none of them tried to go after the other side of the equation (developer cut) which Steam cannot dictate. It was actually pretty smart of Epic to see how to approach the problem from a different angle.

Epic also took a page right out of Valve's playbook by using Fortnite to push their store.

How much money is Valve paying them from the extra 18%? Having that money go into Gabe Newell's pocket certainly doesn't benefit 4A or anyone else. More money to the publishers might be the difference between a game losing money, or at least breaking even. Or turning a small profit and being canned, or maybe a decent enough profit to warrant a sequel.

I think it's funny how some of you guys are trying to act like Valve vacuuming up money the way they are is somehow benefitting PC Gaming. Most of the money that goes into Valve is just dead money. It doesn't go back into PC Gaming, whether publishers or developers or anyone else. It doesn't go into developing Steam, which will be apparent when Epic copies every relevant feature from Steam in less than a year.

Valve currently controls the market, so they can demand whatever prices they want, fair enough. But they're not some sort of "good guys" who just deserve their 30% for being so generous and benevolent. They're just as cutthroat as any other large company. They certainly haven't done right to their fans either with just canning Half Life, despite having basically unlimited resources to develop it. Frankly I'm not sure where all this loyalty to Valve comes from.
I don't understand why some people want a near monopoly.

Competition is good.The consumer will decide.

I wholly agree with you about Half Life 3.Valve is riding on their legacy.They would do well to actually start making Half Life 3 and more games.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 10, 2019, 09:03 AM   #214
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

How is competition that leads to zero benefits for the customer good?

Say what you want about steam, battlenet, origin, and uplay, you can atleast buy those games through other storefronts, unlike EGS titles.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2019, 01:13 PM   #215
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
How is competition that leads to zero benefits for the customer good?

Say what you want about steam, battlenet, origin, and uplay, you can atleast buy those games through other storefronts, unlike EGS titles.
Yeah seriously. How is this considered good competition? There is no benefit for consumers with what Epic is doing; if anything, this is WORSE for competition because we are losing options (Steam and Epic's store having the game available).
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2019, 04:14 PM   #216
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Because there is no other way for the game developers/publishers to fight against the PC gaming industry standard of the 70/30 revenue split.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2019, 05:22 PM   #217
Taturana
Rage3D Veteran

Taturana once held a door open for a complete strangerTaturana once held a door open for a complete strangerTaturana once held a door open for a complete stranger

It is not only PC gaming industry standard. Google CEO Sundar Pichai said

Quote:
“We invest a lot in our infrastructure to continuously make sure the overall experience is safe and results in high engagement for the developers back. So, I think there’s a value exchange there. And it’s been the industry standard. And so, I think we’ll continue down that path but obviously, always adapt to where the market is,” said Pichai.
https://www.bgr.in/news/google-will-...chai-fortnite/

So, what matters to me right now about the store, as a consumer, is the pricing. They lowered the price for Brazil, but it is still showing in dollars. They have a lot of payment methods, including some that does not require credit card. The thing is, despite the lower prices in dollars, the overall prices are still higher in my currency than what I see on Steam or GoG, for example. And since I can't buy some of the games somewhere else (like nuuvem, greenmangaming, etc), I won't really use ESG untill then.

Last edited by Taturana : Feb 10, 2019 at 05:31 PM.
Taturana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2019, 06:56 PM   #218
borat
Radeon R700

borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Are we sure games on Epic won't be sold on places like GMG anytime soon?
borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2019, 08:18 PM   #219
Taturana
Rage3D Veteran

Taturana once held a door open for a complete strangerTaturana once held a door open for a complete strangerTaturana once held a door open for a complete stranger

Maybe in the future, but so far the games are exclusively sold through EGS.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 09:04 PM   #220
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat View Post
Are we sure games on Epic won't be sold on places like GMG anytime soon?
My preorder at cdkeys is still good.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:30 PM   #221
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

GMG is still selling Division 2 wasn't it a epic exclusive also ?

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...c-store-on-pc/

but then you can still buy it from uplay also
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:33 PM   #222
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Nah, they just pulled it from steam.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:37 PM   #223
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

I don't see the issue with the epic launcher. Purchased Metro and enjoyed the discount.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2019, 01:57 PM   #224
Taturana
Rage3D Veteran

The Division 2 is not exclusive because of uplay. I don't know how cdkeys.com works, but their key is showing for EGS. Now, the price. On steam Metro Exodus was being sold close to 105,00 in brazilian real (mind you, it is expensive, but not that expensive) With some promotions it would go to a lower price point. At cdkeys.com it is being sold for 345.49. I am not buying there.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 05:37 PM   #225
Beak
Radeon Northern Islands

Location: United States BuRp!!! Dey Dont make CheeKins likE day uSed TA!!
Beak is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for contacting cdkeys.com.

Unfortunately the code we have is for Epic games store. I can confirm that your order has now been cancelled and the transaction is voided/refunded. The funds should be back with you shortly.

Hope this helps.
I just bought the game again with a 8 dollar markup, cd keys is no longer selling the steam keys.
Beak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2019, 05:46 PM   #226
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Yeah seriously. How is this considered good competition? There is no benefit for consumers with what Epic is doing; if anything, this is WORSE for competition because we are losing options (Steam and Epic's store having the game available).
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2019, 08:38 AM   #227
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

this is the same issue we're having with video streaming.
Suddenly need 10 subscriptions to watch the shows you want.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2019, 09:27 AM   #228
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I think a discount of almost 17% direct from the launcher vs a 3rd party store is a definite benefit to the consumer.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2019, 09:32 AM   #229
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

This is a goode watch on the bullshit of publishers, and why 4a should not be blamed for the epic games store mess.

Goode watch in general too. Epic definitely falls into some of these issues themselves.

Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2019, 09:35 AM   #230
Mangler
PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
I think a discount of almost 17% direct from the launcher vs a 3rd party store is a definite benefit to the consumer.
That is not a universal discount though, only some regions got it.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 05:12 AM   #231
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

PC Master Race: LOL PC IS AN OPEN PLATFORM LOL AT CONSOLE USERS.

Console: 'sup Metro players.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2019, 08:14 AM   #232
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post
PC Master Race: LOL PC IS AN OPEN PLATFORM LOL AT CONSOLE USERS.

Console: 'sup Metro players.
, tru.dat.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2019, 08:43 AM   #233
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I could've started playing Metro about 2 days back when it became available for PS4 in my country. Too bad I had it on PC.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2019, 09:50 AM   #234
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I could've started playing Metro about 2 days back when it became available for PS4 in my country. Too bad I had it on PC.
Yeah, I was watching a few twitch feeds of people playing on the ps4. Most were from Russia. However the game looked really tight on it. But it seemed to have some performance issues but it could have been the twitch platform?

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2019, 01:28 PM   #235
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Yeah, I was watching a few twitch feeds of people playing on the ps4. Most were from Russia.
you were probably just watching a twitch stream of people travelling in Russia
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2019, 01:46 PM   #236
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Dangerous Driving, spiritual successor to Burnout and made by the same people, it coming to the Epic store

The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:20 AM   #237
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Still a class-act imo.

Quote:
CD Projekt Red Gives Hard Pass to Epic Store Exclusivity for Cyberpunk 2077
Quote:
...won't succumb to egregious, anti-consumer practices.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2019, 01:48 AM   #238
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

It is anti-consumer, but it's there because without it people wouldn't go to the epic store.

Also worth mentioning: if CD Projekt was going to do an exclusivity deal with any platform, it would be GoG, since they own it

Quote:
this is the same issue we're having with video streaming.
Suddenly need 10 subscriptions to watch the shows you want.
Similar, but not equivalent in this analogy, I think. It would be like having to go to 10 different websites to watch the shows you want, none of which have a subscription. Still less convenient, sure, but not as egregious as dividing up good content into sort of microtransaction subscriptions (which is still a way to monetize content that makes sense), or, let's say, requiring you to buy a subscription service to use online content and stores ()
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2019, 02:43 AM   #239
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

well wait till one goes the way Ultraviolet is now and you lose your games
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2019, 05:49 AM   #240
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJMasta View Post
Also worth mentioning: if CD Projekt was going to do an exclusivity deal with any platform, it would be GoG, since they own it
They tried with the Witcher Gwent spin-off game. Lasted a few days before they realized GoG wouldn't bring in loads of cash compared to a Steam launch.