Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 13, 2018, 02:26 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Wolcen

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42...rds_of_Mayhem/

Didn't see a thread on this so decided to make one. The game is the best looking ARPG made and shows a lot of potential. However, the game seems to be perpetually stuck in alpha mode. The game was supposed to have an official release late 2017, but then it got delayed over and over again.

Now after two years of development, the game is STILL in alpha mode. It is playable, but very raw(they haven't even added multiplayer yet). I really hope they don't go the Duke Nukem Forever/Star Citizen route and take 20 years to make a game that almost nobody will remember.

Still, two years of work on a game and still stuck in alpha seems like a long time...

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2018, 02:42 PM   #2
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Rhykker did some videos about it, and it does look amazing, but I'm not going to touch it until it's finished. (assuming that ever happens)
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2018, 02:52 PM   #3
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I bought this almost 2 years ago when it was 15 bucks, didn't play it yet as I wait till games go gold. Glad to see it's coming along nicely even though at a slow pace. Diablo 3 turning out to be garbage has left a void in the ARPG market and it's good to see all the indies filling the space with original ideas and quality content.

For a quick laugh, here's Alkaizer's 30 second summary of D3 vs PoE.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 13, 2018, 03:08 PM   #4
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Hmm, could have sword i had made a thread about it. This game is one i am thoroughly looking forward to release. I dont think it will be the competition for poe some people accredit to it, but i do think it will be excellent fun.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2018, 08:01 PM   #5
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Had this on my wishlist for what seems like at least a year. Interested to see how it turns out when it's finished.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2018, 08:52 PM   #6
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
Had this on my wishlist for what seems like at least a year. Interested to see how it turns out when it's finished.
Ditto. Waiting for it to reach the finish line, but otherwise impressed.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:08 PM   #7
JohnnyFlash
Radeon R520

JohnnyFlash is still being judged by the masses

I got really excited there for a second, when I thought it was simliar to NWN2. Then I realized it's Diabloish instead.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 03:20 AM   #8
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Act 1 released in beta. About 4 hours of content for early access people.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2019, 03:48 PM   #9
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Act 1 released in beta. About 4 hours of content for early access people.
It's very mediocre. Barely any weapon combos to use, just basically find the one with the most damage and use the same 2-3 auto attacks over and over. Balancing is a mess; if you play as a tank you'll have the greatest success, but if you play as a mage or assassin you'll be one shotted quite frequently, especially by bosses with AOE attacks (some are impossible as a mage at this point).

The first act is very much "on rails", just move from A-B and kill everything. Not much else to it.

Item and skill customization are minimal. *Epic* weapons are boring and don't really show anything impressive, just a little more damage than regular superior weapons.

Game looks good though, so that's something.

The beta is a RADICAL departure from the Alpha. In the alpha, the game had an open world, multiple weapon combos that looked flashy but also gave you the sense of visceral combat that made it fun. Now it's just another on rails ARPG game, nothing really to separate it from the pack.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2019, 09:32 PM   #10
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote