Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Dec 22, 2015, 02:54 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

I just took out a vulture solo in a mk3 viper, felt quit proud myself, so well done Deimos
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2015, 03:19 AM   #62
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

that feeling when you kill your first 'conda

I wonder if Collosus is still around. It's this elite conda npc pirate that you'd encounter on rare occasion in unidentified signal sources, been around since the alpha. Ran into it twice back in beta. That was a tough sob.

Last edited by ThirdEye : Dec 22, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2015, 03:31 PM   #63
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

Deimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete stranger

I was reckless and lost my Vulture along with over 2 million in bounties.

I've moved on to Empire territory now (would have been nice to collect those bounties right about now). Bought a Type 6 so I can rank up a little with Arissa Lavigny-Duval, get me some bonus action.

Also, I have an NPC following me around after I took a mission in SOL to kill some military person in Alpha-Centauri. How the F do I get rid of him? I already took him out once in SOL (got a bounty on my head for that too) but he is relentless, everytime I jump in to a system he's on the comms saying dumb crap like "you're really hard to find". Really? you don't seem to be having any problems finding me at all! FUUUUUUU

Mars:
Intel S2600CP4 | Dual Xeon E5-2670 (Octa core HT 3.3Ghz) | 64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz | 2 x 120GB Vertex 3 SSD RAID 0 (OS) + 240GB Vertex 2 3.5" (VMs) | Intel RAID Module RMS25PB080 + 8 X 2TB WD RAID 5

Deimos on Steam

Last edited by Deimos : Dec 22, 2015 at 03:47 PM.
Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 22, 2015, 07:17 PM   #64
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimos View Post

I've moved on to Empire territory now (would have been nice to collect those bounties right about now). Bought a Type 6 so I can rank up a little with Arissa Lavigny-Duval, get me some bonus action.

Also, I have an NPC following me around after I took a mission in SOL to kill some military person in Alpha-Centauri. How the F do I get rid of him? I already took him out once in SOL (got a bounty on my head for that too) but he is relentless, everytime I jump in to a system he's on the comms saying dumb crap like "you're really hard to find". Really? you don't seem to be having any problems finding me at all! FUUUUUUU
how did you die in a vulture? I'm playing this game with the mindset shield gone = death so I always bailed out from a fight whenever my shield reached low, doesn't always mean I surrendered though, but I rarely fought with just my hull.

npc following you came from missions.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 08:33 PM   #65
MUYA
Radeon R420

MUYA is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

As you are in NZ - look me up CMDR MUYA - and I will help ya grind the merits through combat in crime sweeps (10 merit per kill) or opposing (interdicting and killing 30 merits) to get to rank 2 initially.
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2015, 11:59 PM   #66
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

Deimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
how did you die in a vulture? I'm playing this game with the mindset shield gone = death so I always bailed out from a fight whenever my shield reached low, doesn't always mean I surrendered though, but I rarely fought with just my hull.

npc following you came from missions.
I picked on another Vulture without checking who he was in wing with first and immediately realised I was outmatched, ran before my shields went down but he must have been in a wing with a conda or some other large ship because I just couldn't get away, FSD charging super slow and they got me despite my heavy use of boost.

Mars:
Intel S2600CP4 | Dual Xeon E5-2670 (Octa core HT 3.3Ghz) | 64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz | 2 x 120GB Vertex 3 SSD RAID 0 (OS) + 240GB Vertex 2 3.5" (VMs) | Intel RAID Module RMS25PB080 + 8 X 2TB WD RAID 5

Deimos on Steam
Old Dec 23, 2015, 01:25 AM   #67
MUYA
Radeon R420

Quote:
I picked on another Vulture without checking who he was in wing with first and immediately realised I was outmatched, ran before my shields went down but he must have been in a wing with a conda or some other large ship because I just couldn't get away, FSD charging super slow and they got me despite my heavy use of boost.
FSD charging super slow = mass lock you got done! so 4 pips shields, 2 pips engines.....and scurry away! Was this low energy wake or high wake? I believe, it may be possible to high wake even when mass locked....i th ink but dont quote me on that pls
Old Dec 23, 2015, 02:12 AM   #68
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUYA View Post
As you are in NZ - look me up CMDR MUYA - and I will help ya grind the merits through combat in crime sweeps (10 merit per kill) or opposing (interdicting and killing 30 merits) to get to rank 2 initially.
I'll ping you tonight (hopefully, if I'm not too tired...) I'll have to go back to Kamadhenu to pick up my Vulture first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUYA View Post
FSD charging super slow = mass lock you got done! so 4 pips shields, 2 pips engines.....and scurry away! Was this low energy wake or high wake? I believe, it may be possible to high wake even when mass locked....i think but dont quote me on that pls
Low. Yeah I had 3 pips on both but it must have been some substantial firepower cause they took my shields down pretty quick, left me wondering WTF happened...

Mars:

Deimos on Steam
Old Dec 23, 2015, 03:22 AM   #69
ATI FURY-OUS
WYSIWYG

ATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i normally just shoot wanteds without checking their combat status... normally its fine. the only time i seem to get blown up is when i accidentally shoot an npc ship then a whole bunch are then after me

i5 4690, Gainward GTX970 Phantom, 16gb ram, Gigabyte Z97X UDH3 mobo
ATI FURY-OUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2015, 03:30 AM   #70
MUYA
Radeon R420

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATI FURY-OUS View Post
i normally just shoot wanteds without checking their combat status... normally its fine. the only time i seem to get blown up is when i accidentally shoot an npc ship then a whole bunch are then after me
Ya you can h jump ...after CD period and pony up int he system later.

Should u accidentally shoot a non wanted NPC due to tunnel vision - you should just run (even from small eagles or sidewinders) 8 KM...and they will leave you, abandon chasing you, Then you can go back and pick your fights, with wanteds but those nonw anted NPC that were chasing you should for the most part leave u alone (from my past experience)
Old Dec 23, 2015, 07:29 AM   #71
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

beware of the new bug, npc pirates can scan and RAM your ship to death, I lost my fdl and 3 millions credits from bounty vouchers in a haz res because after a relatively fierce battle in which I lost my shield, suddenly a pirate conda/python rammed me out of nowhere during his routine pirate scan

opened a ticket to FD
Old Dec 23, 2015, 03:50 PM   #72
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

Lost another vulture last night. Decided to have a look at a distress signal, got to the third wave which was at least one conda and a few vultures, they made pretty short work of me.

Back to Res sites for now.

I saw you online last night Muya but it was already 1am so I went to bed. I'm usually online at 9pm nz time, I'll message you if I get a chance to play tonight.

Mars:

Deimos on Steam
Old Dec 23, 2015, 03:53 PM   #73
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
beware of the new bug, npc pirates can scan and RAM your ship to death, I lost my fdl and 3 millions credits from bounty vouchers in a haz res because after a relatively fierce battle in which I lost my shield, suddenly a pirate conda/python rammed me out of nowhere during his routine pirate scan

opened a ticket to FD
I got rammed by a conda last night too. A5 shield with 1.2 booster hold up well though and his shield went down so I spun round and lit him up.

Mars:

Deimos on Steam
Old Dec 23, 2015, 07:18 PM   #74
MUYA
Radeon R420

Quote:
Lost another vulture last night. Decided to have a look at a distress signal, got to the third wave which was at least one conda and a few vultures, they made pretty short work of me.

Back to Res sites for now.

I saw you online last night Muya but it was already 1am so I went to bed. I'm usually online at 9pm nz time, I'll message you if I get a chance to play tonight.
Ya I saw u pop in and I was typing out a hello and then u poped out! I was in a wing doing a rs zone farming ramming pirates!

As I am In HKG, that may make it difficult then apart from weekends to wing up mate. ANyway lets see, give me a holler when u see me and see if we can arrange some thing for merits or just pure bounty hunting
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:39 PM   #75
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Sooo.... i didnt know there were suns i couldnt get fuel from, and i hit two in a row... i may be floating in space... any suggestions, it's been about 5-6 systems since i last saw a station and i don't want to lose my exploration and bounty data.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:49 PM   #76
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

After losing two Vultures I'm working on escape strategies.

I engaged an Elite Python with a couple of Eagles in tow, then ran away on purpose to figure out a good escape strategy.

This is what I have come up with; When I'm at a RES site, I'll set my navigation to a nearby system. As soon as my shields go down, I boost away and trigger silent running after dropping some countermeasures (chaff). I have also swapped a chaff launcher for a heat sink launcher so I can stay silent for longer, I think this will be necessary in open space as there is nothing to hide behind.

As soon as I put a little distance between myself and the enemy they can't hit me at all. hull damage was only 9%.

Anyone else have strategies?

Mars:

Deimos on Steam
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:51 PM   #77
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Sooo.... i didnt know there were suns i couldnt get fuel from, and i hit two in a row... i may be floating in space... any suggestions, it's been about 5-6 systems since i last saw a station and i don't want to lose my exploration and bounty data.
Hit up the fuel rats to come and rescue you. You need to have a fuel scoop equipped to get fuel from a star.

http://fuelrats.com/

Mars:

Deimos on Steam
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:59 PM   #78
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Hit up the fuel rats to come and rescue you. You need to have a fuel scoop equipped to get fuel from a star.

http://fuelrats.com/
Yeah i have a fuel scoop, its how ive been doing half my refueling, i just happen to hit two stars in a row i couldnt refuel at and i didnt even now until now i couldnt refuel at some stars.

There is nothing on that website.. just a white background and a red dot.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 11:03 PM   #79
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Yeah i have a fuel scoop, its how ive been doing half my refueling, i just happen to hit two stars in a row i couldnt refuel at and i didnt even now until now i couldnt refuel at some stars.

http://fuelrats.com/i-need-fuel/

Try a different browser? Or maybe the page hasn't loaded yet?

You can filter scoopable stars in your galaxy map, got enough fuel for a jump?

You should learn one of the anagrams for scoopable vs non scoopable, I use "KGB FOAM".

Mars:

Deimos on Steam

Last edited by Deimos : Dec 23, 2015 at 11:15 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 11:17 PM   #80
MUYA
Radeon R420

Quote:

Fuel rats are volunteers who, will bring you fuel! Nice fellas them lot
Old Dec 24, 2015, 12:11 AM   #81
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
http://fuelrats.com/i-need-fuel/

Try a different browser? Or maybe the page hasn't loaded yet?

You can filter scoopable stars in your galaxy map, got enough fuel for a jump?

You should learn one of the anagrams for scoopable vs non scoopable, I use "KGB FOAM".
Nope, not enough to jump. Also, the problem was that there is no indication in game at all that there are even suns you cant get fuel from. I had no idea.

It was the browser, for some reason. Firefox wont open their site.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 12:24 AM   #82
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

You scan the star to see what class it is. If you have any knowledge about cosmology you should expect that certain stars can't be scooped. Do you really expect to fuel scoop a neutron or carbon star?

Mars:

Deimos on Steam
Old Dec 24, 2015, 12:27 AM   #83
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

By the way, there is only one Sun, (which is scoopable). Everything else is a star or celestial object.

Mars:

Deimos on Steam
Old Dec 24, 2015, 06:01 AM   #84
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

annnnnd im safe. Thanks to Fuelrats!!!
Old Dec 24, 2015, 06:08 AM   #85
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

With the distance between us, canada and australia, we'd probably have a bad time huh? I don't think any other rager who plays this game is on the east coast I usually team up with strangers sometimes if I find any who are willing to wing up. Well there's omega but he's always deep in some strange and probably still hates me for accidentally killing him in dayz.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 06:14 AM   #86
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Haha, accidently... right... anyway. I still say we should start a rage3d group and simply add us all in and play in the same galaxy. If people wanna cruise together, it'll be that much easier, and you'l always see if someone is online.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 06:20 AM   #87
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

post up your commander names then

mine is ThirdEye same as on here.

Also I swear it was an accident, we held up some other players at an airport and omega was guarding one inside a building, then a while later I see someone poking their head out all suspicious like from the doorway with a rifle. I ask if anyone is at the door and nobody responds so I unload a whole clip.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 08:08 AM   #88
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult

Yeah, i've done that, problem is the in game voice chat and text is ranged. So you can actually be too far away from another player to hear/see it
Old Dec 24, 2015, 08:22 AM   #89
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Not sure whats going on, but a couple days ago i was getting constant 144 fps ouside of the stations. Now i'm fluctuating around 90-100 and 60 whenever a planet or sun is in sight. Did they do something to the game?
Old Dec 24, 2015, 09:27 AM   #90
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

help, can't play anymore, get uber-bored after 10 minutes!
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote