Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 20, 2010, 03:21 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Thumbs up That daily game progress thread...

Was thinking about a game progress thread where people come and post daily **** about what they finished, started or achieved within a game. Might be a good way to tell gaming related stories and/or talk about what they are doing in gaming. Can be PC and console if need be. Can be SP or MP and can be about a boss fight in a game, a level, or an end game (with the appropriate spoiler tags ofcourse).

So first up, is me.

I finished Bad Company 2 SP and uninstalled it (had 3 levels left)
I finished Alan Wake Episode 2 and am about halfway through on Episode 3 (I think)
I finished a couple of missions in Mexico in Red Dead Redemption
I finished Dinosys Park and got into Fontaine Futuristics in BioShock 2
Played through a couple of levels of AVP Human campaign. Got a few achievements also

That about it from my side.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 03:27 AM   #2
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Scart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Sure, I'll bite
---
Yesterday:

Finished Rome in Alpha Protocol and enjoyed the stealth infiltration mission immensely. It was almost Thief-like.

Finished the first few chapters of Gears of War PC. Yes, I know it's an ancient game but I have not played it and it runs and looks spectacular on the PC with all maxed out.

Did my usual hour and half of BC2. Did not go as well as I hoped or as it usually does but nothing terribly bad either. Some servers have really weird hit detection issues and some don't. Emptied and entire XM8 clip at point blank range into a wookie (while looking through the ACOG scope, not shooting from the hip)and he turned around and knifed me.

Today:

I plan to start up the free game I got from the GreenManGaming promotion - Farewell to Dragons.
Scart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 03:54 AM   #3
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

- Started and finished Mirrors Edge in day. Shot but sweet.
- Updated Forgotten Hope 2. I was then soundly owned all day since I was wildly out of practice.
- DLed MassEffect 2 demo

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib -
4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 20, 2010, 04:11 AM   #4
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
I finished Bad Company 2 SP and uninstalled it (had 3 levels left)
You finish a game without playing all levels? Did you also finish BC2 MP without seeing other players?
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 04:18 AM   #5
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I had 3 levels left that I finished and uninstalled the game.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 09:14 AM   #6
exitwound
Radeon R420

exitwound is still being judged by the masses

I just recently built a new AMD system (955BE @3.6GHz, 5770) and so I've been playing some of the games that my 7800GTX Could no longer handle:

-I reinstalled Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena and am running through it. I have to admit that both Riddick games are fantastic, some of the best shooters I've ever played.
-Working my way through the single player campaign within Unreal Tournament 3. The GTX just made it too hard. Now, it's fun again!
exitwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 09:39 AM   #7
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

- Playing through Dragon Age to get to the expansion. Still an excellent game.
- Playing through my custom version of Fallout 3. I really want to finish the DLCs this time. I still haven't beaten broken steel.
- Still in the last half of Red Dead Redemption
pahncrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 09:40 AM   #8
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitwound View Post
I just recently built a new AMD system (955BE @3.6GHz, 5770) and so I've been playing some of the games that my 7800GTX Could no longer handle:
Gratz on the new rig!
Old Jun 20, 2010, 09:52 AM   #9
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

in single player i'm going through uncharted 2 currently... about half way through it so far. for multiplayer, a certain war themed hat simulator takes up all my gaming time.

Last edited by spindoctor : Jun 20, 2010 at 09:57 AM.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 09:56 AM   #10
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

< TWEET!! > I turned on puter + thought about playing a game but read here instead.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:01 AM   #11
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Got up to Chapter 3 in Dead Space. Really loving it. Game scared the **** out of me last night @ 11 PM headphones on and all lights off.. something jumped me from behind.

Just bought ME 1 and ME 2. Going to begin my ME adventures now!
Been waiting to find these on sale. Steam always comes through for me.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:02 AM   #12
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Got up to Chapter 3 in Dead Space. Really loving it. Game scared the **** out of me last night @ 11 PM headphones on and all lights off.. something jumped me from behind.

Mmm, Mass Effect is a nice treat, I think you'll like it.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:37 AM   #13
exitwound
Radeon R420

exitwound is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahncrd View Post
Gratz on the new rig!
I forgot to mention: I bought Modern Warfare 1 and ran through it pretty quickly (Steam reports ~5 hours). Just now getting into multiplayer. Punkbuster + Steam is a pain, but the game performs incredibly.
exitwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:46 AM   #14
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

thinking about finally beating dragon age

thinking about reinstalling neverwinter nights 2

contemplating more total war

wondering if i should spend some time with my ps3

Learn to embed videos in your posts, highlight text, and even post code!
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:47 AM   #15
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittal View Post
thinking about finally beating dragon age

thinking about reinstalling neverwinter nights 2

contemplating more total war

wondering if i should spend some time with my ps3
Did you complete NWN2? The first expansion was really great if you haven't played through it yet.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:48 AM   #16
zodiak
YAWK YAWK YAWK

zodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Playing Alpha Protocol for the second time, just finished Rome.

Looking at all the mediocre RPG's on my desk (Dragon Age, Fallout 3..), deciding what to play next. Think I'll replay Witcher or Fallout 1.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:48 AM   #17
marqmajere
GeeVooForceDoo

marqmajere is still being judged by the masses

Playing through Fallout 3. I'm only level 7, but damn is it good. Also been hooked on Super Street Fighter 4.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:49 AM   #18
zodiak
YAWK YAWK YAWK

zodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Did you complete NWN2? The first expansion was really great if you haven't played through it yet.
It is essentially the only reason to own NWN2.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:02 AM   #19
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
i have never installed mask of the betrayer, but i own it. yes i beat nwn2

Learn to embed videos in your posts, highlight text, and even post code!
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:07 AM   #20
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittal View Post
i have never installed mask of the betrayer, but i own it. yes i beat nwn2
I think you should probably play MotB right now.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:26 AM   #21
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post

If you are an RPG fan, and you want to enjoy ME2 to its fullest, you should play it BEFORE ME1... you wont really spoil anything, there are a few references to things you would already know through osmosis of the internet as it is. Plus you get the added bonus of seeing how ME2 changes when you load a save from ME1, which you wont see if you play ME1 first
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:44 AM   #22
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Played a round of Supreme Commander. Learned playing 12 shields around an experimental resource generator stops a nuke. (Dangit)

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 12:00 PM   #23
Serotonin
Lacking details

Serotonin is still being judged by the masses

Re-installed Stranglehold, beat it when it was new but tried it in 3D, actually works in 3D which is noteworthy in itself, but also quite fun in 3D.

Played a few levels of Serious Sam HD: Second Encounter. Quite a fun game. (not in 3D)

Console: Continued playing Wipeout HD, I beat as few tracks every night before bed.
Serotonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 12:08 PM   #24
genci88
lololololol

genci88 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiak View Post
It is essentially the only reason to own NWN2.
You are wrong. The main NWN2 campaign is just as good. Different, but equally good. Didn't you play through masterpiece that was the Ammon Jerro haven? Or the masterpiece that was the Ember massacre trial?

Maybe it's a worse game if you play as an evil character, but I was a lawful good paladin and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

- The hardest thing about getting a Mac is telling your parents that you're gay.

- If I had the choice between being gay and owning a Mac, I would rather be gay, because if I owned a Mac I would be both gay and own a horrible computer.

- Imagine a giant cock flying towards your mouth, and there's nothing you can do about it. And you're like "Oh man, I'm gonna have to suck this thing", and you brace yourself to suck this giant cock. But then, at the last moment, it changes trajectory and hits you in the eye. You think to yourself "Well, at least I got that out of the way", but then the giant cock rears back and stabs your eye again, and again, and again. Eventually, this giant cock is penetrating your gray matter, and you begin to lose control of your motor skills. That's when the giant cock slaps you across the cheek, causing you to fall out of your chair. Unable to move and at your most vulnerable, the giant cock finally lodges itself in your anus, where it rests comfortably for 4, maybe 5 hours. That's what using Mac OSX is like.

Last edited by genci88 : Jun 20, 2010 at 12:10 PM.
genci88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 01:17 AM   #25
sumpwa
Radeon Sea Islands

sumpwa is still being judged by the masses

Finished Borderlands main quest, dlc 1, dlc 2, now powering through dlc 3.
sumpwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 02:00 AM   #26
Pikeh
Radeon R100

Pikeh is still being judged by the masses

Finished the Circle Tower quest on my Nightmare Dragon Age playthrough as a Archery Rogue.
For some reason its easier this time around than playing a melee rogue on normal.
Pikeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 02:17 AM   #27
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikeh View Post
Finished the Circle Tower quest on my Nightmare Dragon Age playthrough as a Archery Rogue.
For some reason its easier this time around than playing a melee rogue on normal.

I die quite enough on hard, so kudos to you for being able to make your way through nightmare.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 02:23 AM   #28
Pikeh
Radeon R100

Pikeh is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I die quite enough on hard, so kudos to you for being able to make your way through nightmare.
I'll let you know when I get to the Revenants in the forest. Might have to knock it back a couple of difficulty settings there
Pikeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 02:37 AM   #29
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

if you just go to all the areas first, then go back and play through normally, all the npcs will be low level when you actually get to them.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 04:49 AM   #30
FMT
Radeon Volcanic Islands

FMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Been playing Mass Effect 2 for the the last 2 months. Steam says 205 hours sunk into it. I think I may play something else after this solider run. I may start Dragon Age and its new addon. But today im still playing Mass Effect 2.
FMT is offline   Reply With Quote