Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 29, 2008, 10:33 AM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

just sat down and watched the high res 20 min gameplay video for more then 5 mins and i might actually pick this up, reminded me alot of when i used to play ds1 co-op with the gf so i think i might pick it up for that.
Deaderinred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2008, 10:34 AM   #122
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

I just screamed!

THERE ARERNT ENOUGH DROOL SMILIES!!!!!!

god damn!!!! OH **** ITS DIABLO 3 ITS DIABLO 3!!!!!!!!!

*faints*
EXACT SAME RESPONSE. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DIABLO3 YEAAAAA I CAN FINALLY STOP PLAYING D2 AND ENJOY MOREEEEEE **** YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2008, 10:37 AM   #123
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
EXACT SAME RESPONSE. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DIABLO3 YEAAAAA I CAN FINALLY STOP PLAYING D2 AND ENJOY MOREEEEEE **** YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
no more prozac for you.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 29, 2008, 11:06 AM   #124
khelben1979
Radeon R100

khelben1979 is still being judged by the masses

It's interesting news, indeed. Maybe they will release the game next year?
khelben1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2008, 11:24 AM   #125
kingofslackerz
busy doing nothin

kingofslackerz is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by khelben1979 View Post
It's interesting news, indeed. Maybe they will release the game next year?

I highly doubt it, early 2010 would be my guess. They probably couldn't keep it secret for much longer, forcing them to announce.To me I think they would have had a bigger announcement at Blizzcon or even had a larger more extravagant website launch
kingofslackerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2008, 11:33 AM   #126
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Chill!!!

I wish i could play D2 at a higher res than 800x600 , its kinda why i won't play it again
Old Jun 29, 2008, 11:35 AM   #127
khelben1979
Radeon R100

khelben1979 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Neilsouth View Post
Chill!!!

I wish i could play D2 at a higher res than 800x600 , its kinda why i won't play it again
What's wrong with playing games in 800x600?? Graphics isn't everything. Am I going to banned now?
khelben1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2008, 11:36 AM   #128
Pirate Neilsouth

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by khelben1979 View Post
What's wrong with playing games in 800x600?? Graphics isn't everything. Am I going to banned now?
No you don't say , i do play indy games , retro remakes AND dos games .It's just i don't know , i don't like playing d2 at that res.... hmmm

Yes you are going to be BANNED!
Old Jun 29, 2008, 11:44 AM   #129
Thacker
Radeon R420

Thacker is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofslackerz View Post
I highly doubt it, early 2010 would be my guess. They probably couldn't keep it secret for much longer, forcing them to announce.To me I think they would have had a bigger announcement at Blizzcon or even had a larger more extravagant website launch

I would honestly expect next year on June 29th. All the Diablo games were launched on June 29th previously which is why the announcement was made this weekend.
Thacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2008, 11:55 AM   #130
kingofslackerz
busy doing nothin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thacker View Post
I would honestly expect next year on June 29th. All the Diablo games were launched on June 29th previously which is why the announcement was made this weekend.
Didn't know that, good info. That would be great if it happens.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 02:30 PM   #131
Cowzrul
Dazed and Confused

Cowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartigan View Post
This is totally how it works for the tons of other PvP third-person and FPS games
That IS how it works in D2. You could see more in 800x600 than 640x480. Which is what I as assuming he was referring to.
Cowzrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2008, 02:47 PM   #132
Deaderinred
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowzrul View Post
That IS how it works in D2. You could see more in 800x600 than 640x480. Which is what I as assuming he was referring to.
because it was 2D, you don't have that problem in 3d.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 03:01 PM   #133
Cartigan
Banned

Cartigan is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaderinred View Post
This.
Cartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2008, 03:27 PM   #134
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blundaar View Post
D2 wasn't all that great. It received less than high-level praise when it 1st came out, and looked only slightly better than the original (which was great). In the meantime, my HGL character would shred any pansy D3 boss in seconds
I enjoyed Diablo II, but I do distinctly remember some reviewers pointing out (correctly I might add) that the 640x480 resolution was aged even for when it came out. 3D engines were starting to pop up back then too, and I think they also questioned the 2D+3D effects that they chose instead of a full 3D engine.

I'm pretty stoked about this. I've played my fair share of Titan Quest lately as my Diablo fix... and I just can't bring myself to play D2 anymore even with its 'upgraded' 800x600 resolution.

Yay D3!
Jet Black is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2008, 03:42 PM   #135
kingofslackerz
busy doing nothin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
and I just can't bring myself to play D2 anymore even with its 'upgraded' 800x600 resolution.

Yay D3!
I thought that too, but once you get into it you get quite used to the smaller resolution. I picked it back up a few months ago, played till act IV, but it was a little stale compared to what gaming is today.

I just watched the 20 min hires video, and I must say I'm quite excited. At first I was thinking about how much an Diablo MMO would own, but watching the video changed my mine. Quality Diablo gameplay w/ an added hotbar is going to be a blast.

I'm not too excited about the subtraction of potions, although it will open some inventory spots. I'm glad they kept some of the same sounds (opening chests and items dropping, also some of the barb sounds). The music in D2 was amazing and probably the most memorable out of anygame. Hopefully D3 music and ambience lives up to D2's.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 03:55 PM   #136
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Why are so many people making the mistake of thinking potions are not in the game.
Potions are still in the game - what the developer said was that the orbs are their to reduce dependency on potions and to help maintain the game's pace.

If you watch closely, there are potion drops demonstrated in the video. Lemme take a screen real quick of one of them.

[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2008, 04:37 PM   #137
kingofslackerz
busy doing nothin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexion View Post
Why are so many people making the mistake of thinking potions are not in the game.
Potions are still in the game - what the developer said was that the orbs are their to reduce dependency on potions and to help maintain the game's pace.

If you watch closely, there are potion drops demonstrated in the video. Lemme take a screen real quick of one of them.

LIAR

Didn't see that, I guess we assumed base on the way the narrator was talking.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 04:53 PM   #138
Pirate Neilsouth

ahh ok i'll give that a go then
Old Jun 29, 2008, 04:53 PM   #139
Unreal
The New Season

Unreal is still being judged by the masses

After watching the gameplay video, this is now my most anticipated game hands down.

Im loving the WC3 influenced art style
Gaming PC: Intel C2D E4400 @ 3.0Ghz | Arctic Cooling F7 Pro | Asus P5N-E SLI | 3GB OCZ DDR2 Platinum XTC | eVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative Audigy 2 ZS | Internal: Maxtor 200GB SATA | External: Seagate 1TB | Sony DW-D23A 16x DVD±RW | Windows 7 32Bit | 3DMark06: 11,179

Consoles: PlayStation 3 & PlayStation Portable
Unreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2008, 04:54 PM   #140
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Neilsouth View Post
ahh ok i'll give that a go then
Deleted my post. I spoke too soon, as the improvement is actually only 800x600 up from Diablo 2's 640x480. I thought it was bad, but I didn't know it was that bad. Wow.

WTF were they thinking?
Old Jun 29, 2008, 05:16 PM   #141
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Deleted my post. I spoke too soon, as the improvement is actually only 800x600 up from Diablo 2's 640x480. I thought it was bad, but I didn't know it was that bad. Wow.

WTF were they thinking?
they probably wanted every configuration to be able to play hell difficulty with tons of enemies on screen without a huge fps drop.

i really don't care about graphics in diablo 3. As long as there's blood and flames, and 60fps i'll be clicking away night after night for a few months.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2008, 05:18 PM   #142
Emmet Otter
I mend fences

Emmet Otter is still being judged by the masses

I feel that the 'dropped health orbs' is kinda lame! Now you dont have to worry as much about losing health when you can just walk over all these orbs as you kill in the action. I like the idea of keeping track of health vials and such. This just makes it too easy imo and takes away the fun of maintaining invetory.
Occupation: mending fences Interests: playing washtub bass for a jugband, digital photography, hiking and watching NJ Devils hockey. Favorate games: Unreal Tournament series except UTIII, Stalker SoC, F.E.A.R, cant wait for DiabloIII
Camera Gear: Canon 30D, 1D3 and 5DII.
85 1.2L II
24 1.4L II
24 - 105 4L IS
70 - 200 2.8L IS
24 - 70 L
100 2.8 macro
MP-E 65 2.8 5x macro
sigma 12-24 4.5-5.6
tokina 10-17 3.5-4.5 fishy
speedlites 580EX/580EXII and MT-24EX

-My New Slideshow-

-My Photo Slideshow-

Emmet Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2008, 05:24 PM   #143
Emmet Otter
I mend fences

Emmet Otter is still being judged by the masses

This was posted at the Diablo3 forums. Personally i'm not too ocrazy about certain area lighting in the game. Looks sorta WoW'ish to me. The game imo should have a darker atmosphere than varying rainbow colored lighing

Occupation: mending fences Interests: playing washtub bass for a jugband, digital photography, hiking and watching NJ Devils hockey. Favorate games: Unreal Tournament series except UTIII, Stalker SoC, F.E.A.R, cant wait for DiabloIII
Camera Gear: Canon 30D, 1D3 and 5DII.
85 1.2L II
24 1.4L II
24 - 105 4L IS
70 - 200 2.8L IS
24 - 70 L
100 2.8 macro
MP-E 65 2.8 5x macro
sigma 12-24 4.5-5.6
tokina 10-17 3.5-4.5 fishy
speedlites 580EX/580EXII and MT-24EX

-My New Slideshow-

-My Photo Slideshow-

Emmet Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2008, 05:28 PM   #144
Pirate Neilsouth

Emmet , linkage!
Old Jun 29, 2008, 05:32 PM   #145
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmet Otter View Post
Personally i'm not too ocrazy about certain area lighting in the game. Looks sorta WoW'ish to me. The game imo should have a darker atmosphere than varying rainbow colored lighing
Totaaly with you on this. diablo is dark and dirty, but success of WOW is obviously going to influence them to continue on the winning formula.
I don't think any relation to wow is necessary because diablo has it's own huge following. I hope it doesn't turn out too cartoony
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2008, 05:40 PM   #146
monkeydust
Radeon Arctic Islands

monkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete stranger

Watched the 20m video today. Game looks exactly as I thought it should. A true successor to D2 without trying to do anything too drastic like moving to FPS view.
EVGA GTX 1070 SC
Samsung EVO 1TB SSD
Fractal Design Node 304 Mini-ITX case
Dell 2408WFP 24" Widescreen LCD
Windows 8.1 64-bit
monkeydust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2008, 05:41 PM   #147
Cowzrul
Dazed and Confused

Cowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaderinred View Post
Yes you do, if you do HOR+ w/ applicable FOV adjustment. Or tallscreen, or what have you.
Cowzrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2008, 06:52 PM   #148
twiSt
beginner

twiSt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultytwiSt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultytwiSt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
This was posted at the Diablo3 forums. Personally i'm not too ocrazy about certain area lighting in the game. Looks sorta WoW'ish to me. The game imo should have a darker atmosphere than varying rainbow colored lighing
that could be done on ATi smartshader custom post-processing thingie
twiSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2008, 07:08 PM   #149
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydust View Post
Watched the 20m video today. Game looks exactly as I thought it should. A true successor to D2 without trying to do anything too drastic like moving to FPS view.
Yeah, I couldn't get into Hellgate London very much at all... I'm wondering, though, if D3 is leaning toward non-random maps since they are all rendered so well and the one scene in the video where they come out of the cave with the waterfall et al seems too nice to be random. I'm good either way, really, with what it looks like. But Hellgate London is an example of how too much random can be stale and bland.
Jet Black is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2008, 07:12 PM   #150
Nosferatu
Hasta la victoria siempre

Nosferatu is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Lighting looks fine, "how it should like" looks too monotonous and bland. IMO.