Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 31, 2014, 08:35 AM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Seeing as how it had nothing to do with Tommy or the Prey mythos perhaps this is not a bad thing after all. They are leaving the door open....

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2014, 08:59 AM   #212
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Seeing as how it had nothing to do with Tommy or the Prey mythos perhaps this is not a bad thing after all. They are leaving the door open....
Yeah, Prey's ending didn't really leave them a lot of options for extending that particular story line.

I forgot all about Prey2 tbh
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2014, 09:47 AM   #213
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcwood View Post
Yeah, Prey's ending didn't really leave them a lot of options for extending that particular story line.

I forgot all about Prey2 tbh
Tru.dat

yoz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 31, 2014, 10:22 AM   #214
crunchysuperman
Idiot

crunchysuperman is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcwood View Post
Well, he did step into a portal that led to another universe. I'd say that had plenty of options.
crunchysuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:23 AM   #215
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchysuperman View Post
Well, he did step into a portal that led to another universe. I'd say that had plenty of options.
Maybe my memory is off - didn't he take her place running the ship, kind of locked in there?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:30 AM   #216
crunchysuperman
Idiot

crunchysuperman is still being judged by the masses

After the credits (4:00)

crunchysuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:39 AM   #217
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:

I never knew that was there! LoL - I have to start sitting through credits, I've missed stuff after movies too because I didn't wait

Thanks man, I guess I can say I truly finished Prey now?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:40 AM   #218
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Had never seen that, thanks and +rep!

yoz
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:41 AM   #219
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Had never seen that, thanks and +rep!
So I'm not the only one!

Adding rep too.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 12:05 PM   #220
ATI FURY-OUS
WYSIWYG

ATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

shame prey 2 is cancelled, 1 was cool
Old Oct 31, 2014, 04:25 PM   #221
Crash7
Radeon R700

Crash7 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Yeah, can't say that I'm too sorry to see it officially cancelled. Seemed like they were trying to make an entirely new game and slap the Prey name on it to entice fans of the original.
Crash7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2014, 04:40 PM   #222
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash7 View Post
Yeah, can't say that I'm too sorry to see it officially cancelled. Seemed like they were trying to make an entirely new game and slap the Prey name on it to entice fans of the original.
More like they were skipping past the rebellion of slaves and straight to the coexistent future.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2014, 06:41 PM   #223
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I have mixed feelings because the concept seemed pretty interesting, but its connection to the original Prey also felt tenuous. Oh well, either way it's history.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2014, 12:32 AM   #224
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

I'd already gone through it all with Red Faction. The second game was set 50 years in the future, even on a different planet.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Nov 1, 2014, 01:31 AM   #225
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Never saw that ending either O_O At least now what they showed for prey2 makes sense continuity wise. Shame about it being cancelled though, I was looking forward to seeing if they could capture the feeling you got from the trailer.
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2016, 09:33 PM   #226
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

New gameplay trailer.
Looks interesting on its own but don't exactly see the Prey connection.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 10:48 PM   #227
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Gunplay looks decent. I will indulge.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2016, 11:19 PM   #228
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
New gameplay trailer.
It's the same connection Far Cry 2 had with Far Cry...
Old Aug 20, 2016, 02:13 AM   #229
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Hah! looked like a generic shooter at first but then that coffee cup! LOL

Interested in seeing more for sure.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 12:18 PM   #230
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

Holy ****! This looks good!

Old Dec 3, 2016, 10:06 PM   #231
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
New gameplay trailer.
There is no connection. Its an entire reboot of the brand. Its called prey because the player is being hunted and is considered prey.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 10:28 PM   #232
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

Yeah from from what I remember after prey 2 was cancelled, arkane pitched an idea for a game that happened to have a concept of being chased by aliens so they used the same title without anything related to the original.

edit: yup

Yeah here's a wiki entry on the prey 2 page, down at the Reboot paragraph

also, I know I'm repeating myself, but I liked what I saw from the prey 2 footage. I wonder what specifically went wrong that they weren't satisfied with what they had built before deciding to cancel it.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 10:29 PM   #233
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Seems like a shame to abandon the original mechanics of Prey. The portals and gravity/orientation changes was pretty cool.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2016, 10:43 PM   #234
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Seems like a shame to abandon the original mechanics of Prey. The portals and gravity/orientation changes was pretty cool.
With the crazy tech shown in the reboot, there is no reason to assume that portals and gravity manipulation wont be present.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:35 AM   #235
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Damn son.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2016, 11:21 AM   #236
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I hope there is no spirit world, that was the worst part of the first one tbh, the rest was fun.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 11:26 AM   #237
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Does this game even have any connection to the first game?

Seems like it is a total reboot of the franchise.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2016, 12:04 PM   #238
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

the only thing the two games share is the title.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 08:33 PM   #239
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Why they gotta make the game scary. I wanna poof into things and assume their form and shoot goo but I cant cause I'm a pussy

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2016, 08:39 PM   #240
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

I'll hold you while you play.