Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 15, 2011, 12:50 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tork64 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argoon1981 View Post
This doesn't sound good.

And look to this image.

Is that Tommy?
what a mess, how is this anything like Prey? Looks like some black ops game looking at that pic.
Tork64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2011, 02:45 AM   #62
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
This doesn't sound good.

And look to this image.

Is that Tommy?
Wow, apparently they just took a humongous **** on the original. Nobody loves native americans, I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2011, 08:13 AM   #63
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

confirmed that it won't be using id tech 5.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...y-2-id-tech-5/
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 15, 2011, 08:16 AM   #64
crunchysuperman
Idiot

crunchysuperman is still being judged by the masses

Thumbs up

Quote:
Now, let’s all go ahead and bitterly presume a whole lot of stuff about exactly what we’re 100% sure the game will be like, based solely on one pre-rendered posey image that was probably primarily picked because someone thought it looked cool and might sell more magazines. Yes, that’ll be useful.
Indeed.
crunchysuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2011, 09:30 AM   #65
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by hordaktheman View Post
Prey holds the title of having one of the best intros I've ever seen in a game. I was toying with the jukebox and found it absolutely mindblowing when the invasion started and Don't Fear The Reaper started playing. It might not have been too original but it was very well implemented.

I'm definitely looking forward to a sequel if they can improve on the momentum of the original. That was really the only bit that I found lacking.
+1.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2011, 11:33 AM   #66
Shark
Pain

Shark is still being judged by the masses

the guy in the image looks like David Beckham
Old Mar 15, 2011, 01:43 PM   #67
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
In Prey 2, a source close to the game tells Kotaku, players will take on the role of a federal air marshal who is aboard the commercial airliner seen crashing in the spaceship early on in the original game. Prey 2 takes place during the same time frame as the original, but with this different perspective, we're told.

In Prey, Tommy sees a commercial airliner crashing onto the surface of the space ship he is on and hears a pilot calling in a mayday for "Seajay Air 6401." Later in the game Tommy comes across a human survivor of the crash in a holding cell.

'We were flying over Topeka and then the lights, the lights, the lights everywhere. They took us off the plane... They.. .there's a big one.. It eats... it eats," the survivor tells Tommy before losing it and telling him to shut the cell door.

Prey 2 follows the air marshal as he makes his way through the same ship, fighting off different warring alien factions with his pistol until an alien captures him. After that opening, used to tie the two games together, the game jumps forward, we're told, to a seedy alien planet that sounds a bit like the future Earth of Blade Runner. This is where the game really opens up, revealing the marshal as the only human on an alien planet working as a bounty hunter.

The game is meant to be an open world title with multiple ways to complete objectives, but at its heart it is still a first-person shooter, we're told.

Players will get clients via a communicator and gather information from the environment and the inhabitants by scanning non-player characters. These scans, we're told, reveal a character's intentions and identity.

We don't know much more about the game, but we were told that one twist to the first-person shooter mechanic is the ability to grip ledges for cover and a heavy emphasis on platforming.
http://kotaku.com/#!5782169/prey-2-drops-you-in-the-shoes-of-a-human-bounty-hunter
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2011, 01:55 PM   #68
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

That actually sounds pretty cool, even if they flipped out the native americans.
Quote:
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Old Mar 15, 2011, 03:43 PM   #69
sygnus21
Single card only :)

sygnus21 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
between saving the world and getting frame for his family He's gonna be roided up and built like a tank.

And that solves the mystery of why he was framed: Roid Rage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I hope they do something with native American mythology again.
Looks like Tommy may have ditched his Native American image for that Roid look

Quote:
This doesn't sound good.

And look to this image.

Is that Tommy?
He sure doens't look like the weak meek Tommy we met in Prey
sygnus21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2011, 03:46 PM   #70
hordaktheman
Hans... boobie...

hordaktheman is still being judged by the masses

Tommy wasn't the strongest lead character so I'm not sad to see him go. That new storyline above sounds pretty promising though it's not far enough removed from just another 'common space marine'. 'Former marine gay flight attendant' would have been better.
hordaktheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2011, 03:48 PM   #71
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

At least the new main character does not have the bulky space marine look, he just looks like someone who is in shape.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2011, 05:38 PM   #72
Crash7
Radeon R700

Crash7 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
or really short.
Holy cow, dude! You quoted me from 3 years ago.
Crash7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:37 AM   #73
JIeryxa

JIeryxa is still being judged by the masses

Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:48 AM   #74
Sound_Card
Banned

Sound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Prey was the most underated game of 2006 possibly top 5 of the last decade. Everyone needs to pay their dues on Prey 2.
Sound_Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2011, 03:20 PM   #75
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIeryxa View Post
Awesome!
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2011, 03:30 PM   #76
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

That sounded really good until I read that the guy is the only human bounty hunter on an alien planet, wtf? wouldnt they have eaten him or soemthing like everyone else?? or put him on the big human masher thing in prey 1 etc... I dont know, but only human bounty hunter on an alien world is just stupid imo.. I want to be abducted and fend for my life scard out of my brain again ffs, a probing might be nice too.

One thing I really loved about Prey was teh feel of isolation and I loved coming across the random radio broadcasts and such, added a lot of atmosphere to the game, infact I think I might reinstall it, wonder if there's any hi-res texture mods or soemthing out now.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 04:38 PM   #77
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

I hope you can still play around with the gravity like in the first one.
Quote:
Quote:
Old Mar 18, 2011, 04:58 PM   #78
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
infact I think I might reinstall it, wonder if there's any hi-res texture mods or soemthing out now.
Theres a really cool HDR mod that makes the game look more next gen (if you play with the HDR settings) you can find it here.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/sikkmod-prey
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2011, 09:15 PM   #79
0mar
Sturmbannführer

0mar is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
- Main character is Killian Samuels, sheriff and prison guard.
- Been in development for 3 years
- X360 main platform, PC and PS3 versions in development (as announced)
- Pretty nice graphics overall (not jaw-dropping but good), graphics style a mix of Bioshock and Mass Effect
- "Heavily inspired by Mirror's Edge, but also Mass Effect, Riddick and Blade Runner" - Producer
- Use the surroundings, big areas where you can sneak up on enemies using the shadows
- No multiplayer, 3D, Kinect or Move
- As said in the PR, 2012 release date

- Tommy/Intro First level is basically the beginning of Prey, but instead of controlling Tommy you control Killian.
- Human head: "If the first Prey was the Luke Sywalker version of the story, Prey 2 is Bobba Fett's story".
- The project has been restarted several times
- Open game structure. "Go wherever you want, talk to whoever you want, do the missions you want".
- GR: "Killian as flexible and limber as Faith of ME, leaping over hights, hanging by arms from pipes, balancing on thin boards and jumping like a cat upwards structures"
- GR: "An enhanced Killzone esque cover system, battles looks so flexible, brings your thoughts back to Vanquish"
- Parkour moments when being chased by enemies
- Money can be used to upgrade your armor, weapons, but also abilities, example to make enemies hover in the air
- Human Head: "Every area is comparable to Assassin's Creed 2", whatever that means. Planet is Exodus. Desert levels, big cities, "in the wilds", cave areas
- GR: "It has the moving scheme from Mirror's Edge, the freedom of Mass Effect and the fire fights of Killzone 2" (writer loved Prey 1)
- Different kinds of ammo, weapons can be customized/rebuilt
- Producer: "Who would pick the MP mode of Prey 2 ahead of the one in for example Halo Reach? We'd rather to a really good SP adventure"
- There will be DLC
- There will be vag portals, but fewer of them and "with different looks"
- GR: Loot system "similar to the one of Boarderlands"
- All the aliens look very human like, except for some of their limbs and obviously faces. Very similar to the Mass Effect aliens in both looks and armor/clothes, nothing like the Prey aliens.
Info from the GR article. Took out what little originality Prey had and replaced it with generic dude-broness. Looks like a pass from me. Wasn't enamored with Prey to begin with.
"You think yer smart? Think you can outsmart a bullet?"
"Americans will pay big bucks for horny goat weed, but won't pay for an aortic aneurysm to be fixed."

Last edited by 0mar : Mar 20, 2011 at 09:19 PM.
0mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2011, 11:54 PM   #80
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sounds pretty neat.
Quote:
Quote:
Old Mar 20, 2011, 11:59 PM   #81
ZeeM
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

ZeeM is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound_Card View Post

Prey was the most underated game of 2006 possibly top 5 of the last decade. Everyone needs to pay their dues on Prey 2.
What.
It was good but it was still just a GOOD mindless shooter, thats all.
Some cool info: Tibeten monks, after twenty years or so of practise in the Himalaya, control their brain stem - they can control their heart beat, blood pressure etc. After thirty years they can connect to the internet purely by meditation, setting TCP stacks in their neurons and stuff. Right now I am chatting with a monk who is sitting naked in an ice storm on his towel, his only possesion. He's using ipv6.
ZeeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2011, 02:44 AM   #82
aRandomRobot
Coffee Adict

aRandomRobot is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeM View Post
What.
It was good but it was still just a GOOD mindless shooter, thats all.
Sometimes gamers need a good old style shooter with some fun innovations (like portals, switchable gravity, wall walking, planetoid gravity, etc.) to rewind us how good games were before consoles ****ted over everything with auto aiming, recycled game art/graphics, and focusing on useless ****ing achievements instead of actual game mechanics.

Quote:
- X360 main platform, PC and PS3 versions in development (as announced)
- Pretty nice graphics overall (not jaw-dropping but good), graphics style a mix of Bioshock and Mass Effect
- "Heavily inspired by Mirror's Edge, but also Mass Effect, Riddick and Blade Runner" - Producer

- No multiplayer
Why are they even calling this game "Prey" ? Other than the short tie-in there is nothing left of the original game. If this is what it's inspired by then they should just call it "Mirror's Riddick Effect" and be done with it. Also, one of the most fun things about the original Prey was the multiplayer: gravity switching + wallwalking + portals + 3 to 8 people = instant, hands-down, awesomeness. I would still be playing it if there were any servers left.

Basically I'm disappointed to see another game being sucked into the pool of consistent, console-ported, mediocrity that is modern PC gaming. Would someone please make a game from the ground up that is designed for the PC, to be played with ****ing keyboard and mouse, that actually effectively uses the hardware available, and more than anything is fun without having to resort to pointless bull****. I think achievements (in their current state) are one of the worst things to ever happen to gaming.

Now excuse me while I go order a copy of Duke Nukem Forever and weep quietly in a corner

I really shouldn't post this late at night
aRandomRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2011, 04:27 PM   #83
Crash7
Radeon R700

Crash7 is still being judged by the masses

Ok, so basically, they're making a game called Prey 2 that has jack squat in common with Prey. Sounds like they had some game laying around and decided to slap the Prey name on it. This is a sequel the way Far Cry 2 was.

Last edited by Crash7 : Mar 21, 2011 at 09:12 PM. Reason: typo
Crash7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2011, 07:20 PM   #84
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash7 View Post
Ok, so basically, they're making a game called Prey 2 that has has jack squat in common with Prey. Sounds like they had some game laying around and decided to slap the Prey name on it. This is a sequel the way Far Cry 2 was.
I was excited when I heard the announcement but now my excitement is fading away.
regardless I will probably buy Prey 2 just like Far Cry 2 since I am a sucker for the title.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 11:45 AM   #85
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post
I was excited when I heard the announcement but now my excitement is fading away.
regardless I will probably buy Prey 2 just like Far Cry 2 since I am a sucker for the title.
Sad, I have FC1 and FC2...I had no idea..but I want to reinstall FC1, but it doesn't compatible with Windows 7! bahhh....

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 12:21 PM   #86
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
Sad, I have FC1 and FC2...I had no idea..but I want to reinstall FC1, but it doesn't compatible with Windows 7! bahhh....
Farcry 1 works in windows 7 for me.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:13 AM   #87
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
+1.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:54 AM   #88
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash7 View Post
Ok, so basically, they're making a game called Prey 2 that has jack squat in common with Prey. Sounds like they had some game laying around and decided to slap the Prey name on it. This is a sequel the way Far Cry 2 was.

Indeed. Raping IPs seems to be all the rage I guess.

Quote:
- Open game structure. "Go wherever you want, talk to whoever you want, do the missions you want".
So this game is open world now sorta ala Fallout3, eh?
Old Mar 23, 2011, 03:51 PM   #89
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I've been tried it like three times, it failed to started FC1, however, I can see the FC1 menu, but if I start the new game. The screen would shows like messed up textures and strange colors. I don't know why.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2011, 02:18 PM   #90
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Hurrrrrrr.
Quote:
Prey 2 drops portals because devs didn’t want to make “too much of a puzzle game” opened his big mouth to say:
Prey 2 will get rid of the Portal-predating portals that defined the original game. But why? Developers Human Head explain.

“We explored a lot of the ways you could use portals and gravity in combat, and I really wanted to shift away from making it too much of a puzzle game,” lead designer Chris Reinhart told the latest issue of PSM3.

“Portals and gravity were the functions of The Sphere [the mothership in the original game]. And The Sphere’s gone.”

In the last two weeks, the first juicy details of Prey 2 have dribbled and oozed out towards us. Read all our Prey 2 news coverage here.

Prey 2 is due for release next year on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.
http://beefjack.com/news/prey-2-drop...a-puzzle-game/
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote