Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 13, 2019, 04:49 PM   #661
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

The F-14 is now available.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2019, 08:28 AM   #662
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Slowly getting better at this sim.
had three successful Case 1 recoveries in a row last session, including one where I was essentially flying with instrument failure because the mission maker didn't include TACAN for the carrier (meaning I didn't know distance or heading), and I neglected to set my altimeter before takeoff (meaning my altimeter was useless for landing). Had to eyeball everything..still landed, was rough (a 1 wire) but totally successful!

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.

Quote:
Old Apr 10, 2019, 08:34 AM   #663
A2597
A Peculiar Person

For those of us who are VR players, Matt Wagner at ED has some excellent news!

Quote:
Earlier we mentioned that we have been working on DCS VR optimization. I have good news today! After much investigation and work, we traced the issue back to the terrain engine. We have since adjusted the terrain engine, and this has resulted in a 50% increase in VR performance! We will continue to test and optimize this further, but we hope to have this great improvement to you soon.

Quote:
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 12, 2019, 12:10 AM   #664
sMashPiranha
Radeon Volcanic Islands

sMashPiranha is still being judged by the masses

I recently purchased a friends barely used rift cv1 so this is very welcome news

Sent from my Redmi Note 5A using Tapatalk
sMashPiranha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2019, 03:44 PM   #665
A2597
A Peculiar Person

Man, this game is a black hole...
Purchased a new joystick (CH Fighterstick, probably the best "budget" option for a real stick), and am now looking at getting PointCTRL or a new Throttle...

And Soooo much to learn, and then to learn to employ properly. I love it! Getting decent at Air Ground, and light Air to Air, now learning beyond visual range still and countermeasures / RWR... Coming from Elite Dangerous, this game is like diving into the ocean.

Quote:
Old May 15, 2019, 06:39 AM   #666
Arrowhead
to the knee.

Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Ruh oh...

Quote:
A Russian national is currently being held in Weber County, Utah, after being arrested and charged with “conspiring against the United States, smuggling and violating the Arms Export Control Act”. All over what he claims are some manuals he was using to make a flight sim.

As the Standard-Examiner reports, from 2011-2015, Oleg Mikhaylovich Tishchenko was active on eBay purchasing manuals for actual USAF fighter jets. The problem was that, as a Russian, he was barred from purchasing the documents directly due to international restrictions, and so he employed the help of flight sim fans based in the US to bid on his behalf and then ship the manuals to him in Russia.

Tishchenko—who claimed he was an employee of Eagle Dynamics, developers of the DCS series, and that the manuals were to help with development of the ultra-realistic games—soon became the subject of an investigation by Homeland Security and the Air Force, and was actually charged back in 2016. He was only recently arrested this year when he travelled to Georgia, a country with an extradition agreement with the US.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/kotaku....1834736398/amp
Arrowhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2019, 07:53 AM   #667
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Pretty serious stuff. Anyone aiding him should be held accountable too, as he was charged in 2016 and was trying to get around it by having people in the US help him. Some of this stuff, even on older jets that have been upgraded, have technology and information that can affect our new gen aircraft like the F-22 and F-35.

Anyone that helped him that resides in the US is a ****ing moron.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2019, 09:30 AM   #668
A2597
A Peculiar Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Pretty serious stuff. Anyone aiding him should be held accountable too, as he was charged in 2016 and was trying to get around it by having people in the US help him. Some of this stuff, even on older jets that have been upgraded, have technology and information that can affect our new gen aircraft like the F-22 and F-35.

Anyone that helped him that resides in the US is a ****ing moron.
Saw that too.
The stupid thing is...that manual is available easily on the net. No reason for him to turn to ebay. (unless he just wanted a hard copy?)

Just...a lot of idiocy all around on it. On his part for trying to aquire them. On the guy in Texas's part for sending it...

And yea, he was an employee of Eagle Dynamics, but he did this on his own according to the official statement from them. ED stick to public sources and don't want to hurt their relationships with the companies that manufacture the hardware they are imitating.

Quote:
Old May 16, 2019, 08:42 PM   #669
sMashPiranha
Radeon Volcanic Islands

New warbird

Old May 20, 2019, 07:43 AM   #670
sMashPiranha
Radeon Volcanic Islands

aaaand another one for pre-purchase

Old Jul 12, 2019, 04:49 PM   #671
A2597
A Peculiar Person

So picked up the A-10C, Persian Gulf and Navada during the sale.

So much more to learn now!

Quote:
Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:29 PM   #672
Sabadin
Radeon R520

Sabadin is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
So picked up the A-10C, Persian Gulf and Navada during the sale.

So much more to learn now!
If you're intending to get into the campaigns for the hog, make sure to check out some videos about reading 9- lines and entering grid co-ordinates into the CDU, or you're going have a rough time with JTAC. Unless they've made changes it's not really covered fully in the manual.
Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2019, 01:58 PM   #673
Silver_Dragon
Radeon R520

Silver_Dragon is still being judged by the masses

Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2019, 02:30 AM   #674
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

so what happened to the military trouble mentioned in above?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:45 PM   #675
Sabadin
Radeon R520

Sabadin is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
so what happened to the military trouble mentioned in above?
In a quick summary, time already served + slap on the wrist. He's already back in Moscow working for ED again.
Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2019, 08:22 AM   #676
A2597
A Peculiar Person

Yep. Although it did amount to a little over a year in jail in Georgia (Country) and the United States.
Considering it's a document freely available on the net...(Still considered controlled by the USA, but apparently not by some of our allies who we sell the F-16 too)

So now able to cold start the A-10, both similar and completely different than the F-18. Also amazing how roomy that cockpit is after the Hornet.
Currently learning how to work with waypoints and ILS landings in the A-10.

For the F-18, feel like I have a pretty good handle on it all around now. Flight, navigation, employment in both AA and AG roles. (and mixed, proper hotas helps there), carrier operations still need improvement, but I rarely bolter anymore. Main area that needs improvement is AA refueling at this point. (It's just not that easy, hoping the new throttle helps a little with speed management).

Having a group of people to fly with is awesome too. Nothing beats that moment when a friendly copter is on the radio taking AAA and needing assistance, and blazing in at 500knots taking out the AAA with a Maverick. "The Calvary has arrived" type moments.

Or flying close formation at low level using terrain masking to try to locate an enemy EWR site, taking out the occasional MIG that spots you from 50,000ft to defend you wingmen, then popping up 30 miles from the site to launch some JDAM's to hit the radar, while enemy fighters try to box you in. (I didn't escape, flight lead took a SAM, multiple sam sights in front, fighters behind. I took out three MIGs before being shot down, clearing a path for my wingman to escape).

It's exhilarating, partly because of the scenarios, and partly because of the intricacy of the avionics and complexity of proper employment. When it all comes together it's amazing.

Quote:

Last edited by A2597 : Jul 16, 2019 at 11:43 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 10:40 AM   #677
A2597
A Peculiar Person

So got a Thrustmaster Warthog throttle to pair with my CH Fighterstick.
Still have many key bindings to work out, but getting there. Really nice to not have to have modifier keys for everything. The extra throw of the throttle is great for flying as well, was a little nerveous going in for my first carrier landing, but had the best groove time I think I've ever had, and snagged the two wire.

Now I have to re-build my muscle memory, going to take some time for sure.

Quote:
Old Jul 22, 2019, 05:22 AM   #678
Silver_Dragon
Radeon R520

Silver_Dragon is still being judged by the masses

Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:51 AM   #679
A2597
A Peculiar Person

The F-16 Trailer is awesome. Favorite plane by far.

The Targeting pod for the F-18 is now in open beta, total game changer for the hornet. Ability to self laze and use GPS guided munitions in the field... ohh yeaa.

Quote:
Old Oct 2, 2019, 10:50 AM   #680
A2597
A Peculiar Person

The F-16 is getting released tomorrow, and has a pretty nice feature list for early access! Including laser guided bombs and the targeting pod.

It's list puts it feature wise quite close to the F-18 in terms of completeness, very very nice!

Coldstart video:

Quote:
Old Oct 2, 2019, 09:46 PM   #681
A2597
A Peculiar Person

The release trailer is out!

/hyped

Quote:
Old Oct 25, 2019, 05:47 AM   #682
sMashPiranha
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Another sale til 4 November

Also interesting interview with Wags on Mudspike
https://www.mudspike.com/mudspike-am...r-matt-wagner/
Old Nov 1, 2019, 03:46 AM   #683
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Can someone update me on the state of DCS at the moment ?
I am playing the open beta, this is an ongoing thing right ?

I would ask on the dcs forums, but am banned for being global elite in CSGO.

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2019, 07:47 PM   #684
sMashPiranha
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Openbeta is where it's at.

KA-50 improvements coming along nicely
Quote:
The new Ka50 3D cockpit model is already at the texturing stage. Remember, this will be a free enhancement for existing Black Shark owners. In mid 2020 we plan to release a brand new external model along with certain new weapons and avionics systems with even greater cockpit enhancements. The product will also come with new missions, mission functionalities and gameplay. This module will be named Black Shark 3 and will be available at a substantial discount for existing Black Shark 2 owners and at full price for new users. Enjoy the screenshots below.

Old Nov 2, 2019, 11:43 AM   #685
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Good lord that looks realistic.

I played a little on the 104th phoenix server yesterday in the F15. Too bad but it was quite a boring afair.
Is multiplayer dead ?

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2019, 02:30 PM   #686
=Mustang=
Radeon R420

=Mustang= is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-a-m-e View Post
Good lord that looks realistic.

I played a little on the 104th phoenix server yesterday in the F15. Too bad but it was quite a boring afair.
Is multiplayer dead ?
No not at all, there are quiet periods and other times where it's very frantic, timezones play a big factor.
=Mustang= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2019, 02:11 AM   #687
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Got in after a break, all fixed and ready to buy into F-16 EA and PG terrain, to have some fun and support good old ED in their endeavours, only to find out that deferred render is now default. So great, it went from halfway decent perf with AA to abysmal, I need ssaa x2 in DCS to fix shadows and at least msaa x2 enhanced by trssaa x2 on top of that for geometry and trees, hey welcome 15 fps over any serious forest. Well, let's not be an IQ whore then, I dropped to native, 1920x1080 and 4x mssaa, sure it will work this time, not really though, 20 fps over a forest of gpu death.

And for what? You're not really flying through a neon lit streets or sth, a scenario that makes sense for deffered renders which allow multiple light sources at cheap, you have a sun and a couple of irrelevant tiny cockpit lights that you can fake to hell and back and noone will care. So I went to the ED forum and found a semi official answer from a moderator, that it's pretty much required for PBR to work. Brilliant, so I have to live with a shimmery mess just so my models can look more like Ace Combat, that was soo important, not to mention that PBR is rather a time saver in this case than some means to mind blowing visuals.

What's funny about this, the game is actually much more cartoonish now. Personally it doesn't bother me, I have a serious nostalgia for pastel ED games since Flankers and LOMAC but objectively, it's really ****ing saturated, not really what their average customer wants from visuals I imagine.

Anyway, not playing it at 1080p with 2x msaa or some crap fxaa and imo stupid decision and direction. Thanks ED for saving me at least 130$ equivalent (and more as I'd most probably go for F-14, 18, have to rebuy Black Shark etc) and back to BMS 4.34, a superior sim anyway.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.

Last edited by Ziklitschli : Nov 15, 2019 at 02:28 AM.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2019, 01:43 AM   #688
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

So I blacked out for a sec and bought the PG terrain on the current sale, the excuse being to contribute to all those beautiful trailers if nothing else and check the performance in this magnificient sandy place where trees die like rats they are. What's good is that it is better 90% of the time, the rest is cities like Dubai where it drops to 20 fps a lot again. What's infuriating on the other hand is how I can drop shadows to flat, shadows quality to medium, civilian traffic to off, chimney smoke bs to 0, exchange 2x2 supersampling (DSR from 4k) for x4 msaa and none of it helps but, just turning off x2 msaa makes it ok, rendering at ****ing 4k still. Deffered render my ass, fxaa ruins the HUD and distant plane shimmers more, supersampling alone is not enough for geometry in the cockpit, sparse grid x2 is not enough and x4 is too much because, the irony, the msaa component kills the perf. Is the peasant 30 fps stable at 1080p x4 msaa too much to ask?

Anyway, DSR from 4k +x2 ms + x2 trsaa it is, daytime only, sub 30 fps. Good times.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote