Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support » AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support Discussion and support forum for all of the All-In-Wonder Radeon cards, the TV-Wonder, Remote Wonder I and II, the new HDTV Wonder, and basically anything with VIVO support.

Old Jul 3, 2006, 08:32 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
letmesearch

letmesearch is still being judged by the masses

Default Help w/ frame rate Xvid > Avivo > SVCD

I had problems searching for multiple word searches (xxx.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?p=1334434189#post1334434189, just replace xxx with "www" to the beginning of the url, since I'm not allowed to post links until I have at least 5 posts). But most of the threads returned was from this forum, so I hope this is the correct place to post.

I don't have a DVD writer, so I'm using SVCD.

I converted an Xvid file to SVCD w/ Avivo Video Converter (I chose the SVCD option, note: the mpeg2 option gave me a 720x400 mpeg2 files, but Nero wants 480x480). I got a nice 480x480 mpeg2 file (it even kept the correct 16:9 and used letterbox) and fed it to Nero 5.5.

However, Nero gave me an error message that the mpeg2 file was non-compliant, because the frame rate was 23.976 instead of 29.97 (NTSC). The original Xvid had a frame rate of 23 frames/sec (per "Properties" tab). Is there anyway to change the frame rate to 29.97 fps on the original Xvid file (which is 23 fps, note probably 23.976 frames per second), before I send it to Avivo Video Converter?

Otherwise, I will just have to burn a non-compliant SVCD and hope my Philips DVP 642 DVD player does not have syncing problems w/ the audio and video (or even worse, refuse to play it).

I know this is a really technical question, so hopefully someone smarter than I am knows the answer.

It doesn't look like Avivo Video Converter has an option to change the frame rate to 29.97 (NTSC) (but I could be wrong).

Thanks in advance.

Peace.

Last edited by letmesearch : Jul 3, 2006 at 08:43 PM.
letmesearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2006, 08:35 PM   #2
letmesearch

Why were the spaces between paragraphs deleted when I posted???

How do I add spaces between lines w/o the forum deleting the spaces???

I hate when everything is all smashed together, since it's harder to read.

Update: Okay, I changed to the simple text editor from the "enhanced" text editor that came as the default text editor, and all my problems w/ spaces between lines being deleted disappeared.

Peace.

Last edited by letmesearch : Jul 3, 2006 at 08:42 PM.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 02:13 AM   #3
letmesearch

Quote:
Originally Posted by letmesearch
I know this is a really technical question, so hopefully someone smarter than I am knows the answer.
I guess NO ONE is smarter than me in this forum.

I'll post next in a dedicated DVD/SVCD/VCD forum.

Peace.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 13, 2006, 10:03 AM   #4
xycury
Radeon R300

xycury is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by letmesearch
I guess NO ONE is smarter than me in this forum.

I'll post next in a dedicated DVD/SVCD/VCD forum.

Peace.
you can't make something that's not there........ you can't make missing frames... i don't think there are any programs right now that can upsample 23 frames to 29.

(maybe in Premiere Pro, options could be there, but i have yet to mess with it)

I think i read somthing that hardware could do it, repeat frames that weren't there to make a better show, but i don't know if software can do it.

what got me boggled is you got a 480x480 video that's in letterbox?! that seems pretty square to me.
2500+ Barton, 512mb 333hz Geil Dual Channel, 30gb HD Core, 120gb HD Tivo, SB5.1, Shuttle MN31N, AIW 9000, Wonder VE in MulTView Glory, Remote Wonder, Sony DDU1612, No KB/Mouse [UltraVNC], Creative Inspire 5.1 D5500
xycury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2006, 10:09 AM   #5
letmesearch

Quote:
Originally Posted by xycury View Post
you can't make something that's not there........ you can't make missing frames... i don't think there are any programs right now that can upsample 23 frames to 29.

(maybe in Premiere Pro, options could be there, but i have yet to mess with it)

I think i read somthing that hardware could do it, repeat frames that weren't there to make a better show, but i don't know if software can do it.

what got me boggled is you got a 480x480 video that's in letterbox?! that seems pretty square to me.
You can do everything I asked about. But I'm not gonna explain it here.

I posted on a forum where they knew the answer to that stuff, and they educated me.

You're pretty stupid to comment about stuff you obviously are clueless about.

If you don't know anything, don't post a reply saying stuff that is NOT true.

Peace.

Last edited by letmesearch : Aug 7, 2006 at 10:11 AM.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 10:54 PM   #6
xycury
Radeon R300

xycury is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by letmesearch View Post
You can do everything I asked about. But I'm not gonna explain it here.

I posted on a forum where they knew the answer to that stuff, and they educated me.

You're pretty stupid to comment about stuff you obviously are clueless about.

If you don't know anything, don't post a reply saying stuff that is NOT true.

Peace.

Thanks for contributing to the forums, come back again.
2500+ Barton, 512mb 333hz Geil Dual Channel, 30gb HD Core, 120gb HD Tivo, SB5.1, Shuttle MN31N, AIW 9000, Wonder VE in MulTView Glory, Remote Wonder, Sony DDU1612, No KB/Mouse [UltraVNC], Creative Inspire 5.1 D5500
xycury is offline   Reply With Quote