Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Software
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Software Anything software that is not operating system related goes here. Talk about the latest applications or discuss betas of upcoming products.

Old Feb 4, 2013, 03:21 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Default Scrolling issue in Firefox

Since I upgraded to Win8, Firefox has been exhibiting this weird problem. In drop-down menus (like the forum selection list at the bottom of this page), I can't seem to scroll using my touchpad. When I try to scroll (either using the right side of the touchpad or swiping), the focus gets kicked out of the list and back to the webpage in general. There are no other odd scrolling/swiping behaviours besides that and in Internet Explorer, it seems to work properly.

I've looked up the problem online and it seems others were able to get around it by downgrading their version of the Synaptics touchpad driver. Unfortunately, my laptop is super old (2007) and doesn't even have 64-bit drivers to try. With the most recent (and only) driver, I can't seem to make this problem go away.

I don't have any more ideas to figure this out, has anyone else encountered the same problem?

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:07 PM   #2
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Since I upgraded to Win8, Firefox has been exhibiting this weird problem. In drop-down menus (like the forum selection list at the bottom of this page), I can't seem to scroll using my touchpad. When I try to scroll (either using the right side of the touchpad or swiping), the focus gets kicked out of the list and back to the webpage in general. There are no other odd scrolling/swiping behaviours besides that and in Internet Explorer, it seems to work properly.

I've looked up the problem online and it seems others were able to get around it by downgrading their version of the Synaptics touchpad driver. Unfortunately, my laptop is super old (2007) and doesn't even have 64-bit drivers to try. With the most recent (and only) driver, I can't seem to make this problem go away.

I don't have any more ideas to figure this out, has anyone else encountered the same problem?
Have you tried the latest drivers from Synaptics.com?
Worth a shot. http://www.synaptics.com/resources/drivers
Old Feb 5, 2013, 11:41 PM   #3
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Those are the ones that are giving me the problem.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad