Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Mar 30, 2011, 10:58 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Geforce 270.51 Driver Increases Performance.

CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:51 AM   #2
Nvidialist
Radeon R300

Nvidialist is still being judged by the masses

In the AMD Game Dragon age 2 almost equally fast.
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/aid,81...fikkarte/News/
Nvidialist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:00 PM   #3
JesterOnYer6
Banned

JesterOnYer6 is still being judged by the masses

Very nice I will load these ASAP.
JesterOnYer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:17 PM   #4
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvidialist View Post
In the AMD Game Dragon age 2 almost equally fast.
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/aid,81...fikkarte/News/
These driver did increase my performance considerably, but pcgameshardware should really change the place where they do their benches in this game, kirkwall is where the game performs the best.

The wounded coast and sundermount are the worst case scenarios in da2.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:33 PM   #5
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Are my eyes deceiving me or did they fix crosshair performance in HL2 ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 06:43 PM   #6
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

Better performance using the in-game crosshair for Half-life 2, Left4Dead, and Left4Dead2

OH MY F^CK
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 09:51 PM   #7
lukilla
Radeon Northern Islands

lukilla is still being judged by the masses

Any improvements for shift2?, aa isn´t working correctly here (266.58)
lukilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 01:10 AM   #8
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Nope, not a difference.
It does have a profile, though, not that it helps matter much.
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 04:28 AM   #9
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
Nope, not a difference.
It does have a profile, though, not that it helps matter much.
That's odd, I don't have a profile for it, only a 3d profile, but no normal profile.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 04:37 AM   #10
Dem2k
Radeon Sea Islands

Dem2k is still being judged by the masses

First decent driver for fermi cards by the looks of things.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URcvdDtnM_0
King of LimboooO!
Dem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 05:02 AM   #11
Arghuin
Nexus 6

Arghuin is still being judged by the masses

Cheers for the heads-up
Arghuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 05:09 AM   #12
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
That's odd, I don't have a profile for it, only a 3d profile, but no normal profile.
Oh, hmm, you're right. Only 3D profile here, as well.
My bad.
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 06:10 AM   #13
ReiaH
Rage3d Tool

ReiaH is still being judged by the masses

How about Starcraft 2?
Old Apr 1, 2011, 11:08 PM   #14
Faceless Rebel
Rage3D Veteran

Faceless Rebel can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFaceless Rebel can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Are they ever going to fix SC2 SLI mode?

It says performance increase in FFXIV, seems nice.
Faceless Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2011, 03:32 AM   #15
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceless Rebel View Post
Are they ever going to fix SC2 SLI mode?

It says performance increase in FFXIV, seems nice.

Whats the problem with SC2 and SLI? seems to work fine for me.

I have found these to be decent drivers btw
Old Apr 2, 2011, 09:16 AM   #16
False Christian
Rage3D Veteran

False Christian is still being judged by the masses

I'm disappointed with these beta drivers. There's no increase for GLQuake. I'm still only getting 1500 fps with 16xAF and 8xAA. Very disappointing.
False Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2011, 11:59 AM   #17
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Christian View Post
I'm disappointed with these beta drivers. There's no increase for GLQuake. I'm still only getting 1500 fps with 16xAF and 8xAA. Very disappointing.

Yes indeed, I am pretty sure I've been losing some frames in Half Life as well. This is unacceptable!
pahncrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2011, 05:45 PM   #18
jimjobob
Radeon Caribbean Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

these drivers crash metro2033 durring loading startup screens if i don't have 3d vision set to off when starting the game and then turn it on after.

worse yet I can't shut off the 3d vision info no matter what I do.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2011, 05:51 PM   #19
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
these drivers crash metro2033 durring loading startup screens if i don't have 3d vision set to off when starting the game and then turn it on after.

worse yet I can't shut off the 3d vision info no matter what I do.
You may be able to edit the profile directly in the registry. I am assuming you used driver sweeper or the like to clear out old drivers. I had trouble with putting the 270.51 drivers on top of the beta drivers I was using.

I am not having any issues with Metro 2033 with 3d vision and the 270s.

Just as a heads up, you cannot get rid of the message until after the intro videos.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 06:03 PM   #20
jimjobob
Radeon Caribbean Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahncrd View Post
You may be able to edit the profile directly in the registry. I am assuming you used driver sweeper or the like to clear out old drivers. I had trouble with putting the 270.51 drivers on top of the beta drivers I was using.

I am not having any issues with Metro 2033 with 3d vision and the 270s.

Just as a heads up, you cannot get rid of the message until after the intro videos.
It wont let me get rid of it at all even in game
Old Apr 2, 2011, 06:50 PM   #21
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
It wont let me get rid of it at all even in game
Did you try re-installing the drivers after using driver-sweeper? I am not having the same issues.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 09:45 PM   #22
jimjobob
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahncrd View Post
Did you try re-installing the drivers after using driver-sweeper? I am not having the same issues.
I did again, this time removing every thing, physx, 3d drivers, display drivers and sound drivers and it still crashes at metro 2033 screen when it "wooshes" off the screen if in 3d mode at the time but at least now I can turn it on once in game and get rid of the compatability info.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 11:20 PM   #23
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
I did again, this time removing every thing, physx, 3d drivers, display drivers and sound drivers and it still crashes at metro 2033 screen when it "wooshes" off the screen if in 3d mode at the time but at least now I can turn it on once in game and get rid of the compatability info.
Well, at least you can play it now without occluding your view.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 02:20 AM   #24
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Everything seems fine, except my microphone volume has dropped.

Even maxing all possible settings, my voice is barely audible in TF2 and other mic-enabled games

I can't figure out what the issue could possibly be.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2011, 05:15 AM   #25
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Everything seems fine, except my microphone volume has dropped.

Even maxing all possible settings, my voice is barely audible in TF2 and other mic-enabled games

I can't figure out what the issue could possibly be.
poeple are reporting conflicts with nvidia HD audio drivers and other soundacrd drivers. did you install those during the driver install maybe?
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2011, 06:36 AM   #26
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
poeple are reporting conflicts with nvidia HD audio drivers and other soundacrd drivers. did you install those during the driver install maybe?
Indeed, I stopped installing those as well, because of reported issues. I have no idea if it helped anything, but I don't use audio over HDMI, so it doesn't hurt to be on the safe side.

I did have to disable Windows 7's ill-conceived attempts to be helpful by automatically installing drivers for any detected hardware.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 11:00 AM   #27
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Reinstall your mobo/audio card drivers after you install video drivers, or disable/don't install NV HD Audio drivers.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2011, 11:19 AM   #28
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
I messed around with a bunch of settings, disabled a number of Nvidia audio related components and it seems to be back to normal now.

Just annoying. Explains why my dad couldn't hear me while on Skype I thought his hearing had gone bad
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2011, 07:22 AM   #29
Faceless Rebel
Rage3D Veteran

Faceless Rebel can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFaceless Rebel can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
Whats the problem with SC2 and SLI? seems to work fine for me.
Cutscenes are choppy and screwed up in SLI. Gameplay is fine.

I've never had any problems with Nvidia HD Audio drivers and the Realtek drivers for my onboard audio. I keep them both enabled and switch back and forth all the time too, when I power my receiver on it switches to Nvidia HD Audio and when I power it off it switches to Realtek onboard audio automatically in Win7-64. The really neat thing is that I've gotten Ventrilo to work having my microphone input attached to the front panel jack which is attached to the Realtek audio while outputting game sound out through the HDMI on my videocard.
Faceless Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2011, 10:20 PM   #30
BBA
GTX 570 SC+ATi GPU

BBA is still being judged by the masses

Is it just me or is it only a 32 bit version available?