Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

View Poll Results: ??
DC 31 75.61%
Forgotten Hope 3 7.32%
eve of destruction.. 7 17.07%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 7, 2004, 03:52 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
311Sam
look for The Light

311Sam is still being judged by the masses

Arrow Which Battlefield mod...

i havent played battlefield in a lonnng time manly cause it sucks. but now that all these mods have had some time to grow im wondering which one(s) yall think is best..
311Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2004, 06:30 AM   #2
Hanners
Zetsubou Sensei

Hanners is still being judged by the masses

Moved to PC Gaming, as requested.
Old Mar 7, 2004, 07:06 AM   #3
mad
:mad:

mad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled with

DC (+DCX)

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."

Richard Cook
mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 7, 2004, 08:47 AM   #4
cloakanddagger

Quote:
Originally posted by M_A_D
DC (+DCX)
Whats DCX?
Old Mar 7, 2004, 09:11 AM   #5
The_KELRaTH

The_KELRaTH is still being judged by the masses

All 3 mods are superb but as to which one you try 1st, it's really what syle of gameplay you prefer; DC is fast with modern weaponry, FH is a more realistic version of BF1942, in EoD you will be creeping around in jungles with you and your enemy hiding in the undergrowth -- then.. ping.....
The_KELRaTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2004, 09:59 AM   #6
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

DC is awesome. I just finished downloading the 1.2 GB Forgotten hope mod, I've heard it's very good
shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2004, 10:30 AM   #7
Supercross
Desire Is Irrelevant

Supercross is still being judged by the masses

My votes for DC. Its the only way I play BF1942 now.
Supercross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2004, 11:57 AM   #8
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

holy crap

I just got finished playing 4 maps from Forgotten hope, and im totally blown away. the high res textures, the awesome maps, the SOUNDS! The weapons! This totally blew me away!!

Stalingrad map is like the one from the movie enemy at the gates. russians boat across the river, artillery is pounding the shore, trying to scramble up the hill and take a flag...this mod is totally amazing

my vote goes to Forgotten hope--best mod I've played for this game, EVER. There were lots of new people on the server I was playing on, and they kept saying "oh my god" "holy crap" "wow"

just an overall REALLY impressive mod.
Old Mar 7, 2004, 11:57 AM   #9
kRiMiNaL
Radeon R200

kRiMiNaL is still being judged by the masses

eod gets my vote, dc is ok but smacktards ruined it. just get eod,dc,dcx,fh and play them all
kRiMiNaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2004, 12:57 PM   #10
311Sam
look for The Light

311Sam is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by shockwave203

holy crap

I just got finished playing 4 maps from Forgotten hope, and im totally blown away. the high res textures, the awesome maps, the SOUNDS! The weapons! This totally blew me away!!

Stalingrad map is like the one from the movie enemy at the gates. russians boat across the river, artillery is pounding the shore, trying to scramble up the hill and take a flag...this mod is totally amazing

my vote goes to Forgotten hope--best mod I've played for this game, EVER. There were lots of new people on the server I was playing on, and they kept saying "oh my god" "holy crap" "wow"

just an overall REALLY impressive mod.
@6xaa & 16xaf
311Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2004, 01:33 PM   #11
mad
:mad:

mad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally posted by cloakanddagger
Whats DCX?
DCX = DesertCombat Extended

It just got mentioned on the DesertCombat Homepage, thats how i found out about it...DesertCombat Extended

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."

Richard Cook
mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2004, 01:48 PM   #12
shockwave
canucklehead

Quote:
Originally posted by 311Sam
@6xaa & 16xaf
here's some quick screens I grabbed. theres a ton of maps in this mod. imagine playing on these maps with 50-60 other people

Last edited by shockwave : Mar 7, 2004 at 01:50 PM.
Old Mar 7, 2004, 01:52 PM   #13
shockwave
canucklehead

Old Mar 7, 2004, 02:03 PM   #14
Supercross
Desire Is Irrelevant

Supercross is still being judged by the masses

Wow...I just may check out Forgotten Hope now that I've seen those screenshots. Looks pretty sweet.
Supercross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2004, 02:03 PM   #15
bounty_hunter
Radeon Arctic Islands

bounty_hunter is still being judged by the masses

no contest...dc

system sepcs: Ultra X-Finity 500W ATX PS w/2 80mm Fans-Athlon-64 3400+ - GigaByte K8NS nForce-3 250 Chipset- ATI Radeon X800-Pro 256MB-Western Digital 200 GB 7200 RPM-dvd 16x-sony dvd rw dw-d22a
once in the 70's i tried boy scout cookies, they tasted weird and confusing. -logen
bounty_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2004, 02:06 PM   #16
TheWart
experienced noob

TheWart is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by bounty_hunter
no contest...dc
Agreed.

I think that whether or not one likes the gameplay of DC, it is, much like CS was, the de facto ruler of BF mods, and is extremely highly polished.
TheWart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2004, 02:16 PM   #17
shockwave
canucklehead

DC is a really good mod too. I only find it good when it's in a city/desert map though. Having americans/Iraqis duking it out on the iwo jima or wake island maps just makes it seem to 'out there'. i know it's a game, and ofcourse it's not what really happened, but i only like DC if the map is a desert setting (or oil rig setting, I like the map with the oil rig in the middle of the ocean)
Old Mar 7, 2004, 02:16 PM   #18
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

More Fogotten Hope

It does seem pretty cool. I love the sound of the planes as they fly by you.
Old Mar 7, 2004, 02:48 PM   #19
shockwave
canucklehead

Quote:
Originally posted by Fuku2

It does seem pretty cool. I love the sound of the planes as they fly by you.
indeed. everything sounds much more realistic. planes fly by and you hear a whoooosh with the engines, its so cool