Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old May 14, 2019, 03:24 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled with

Default New Intel cpu vulenrabilites, suggests disabling hyperthreading

vulnerabilities*

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/in...ack,39333.html

So much for an i7 being worth it over an i5

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus

Last edited by Shapeshifter : May 14, 2019 at 03:32 PM.
Shapeshifter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2019, 04:01 PM   #2
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post
vulnerabilities*

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/in...ack,39333.html

So much for an i7 being worth it over an i5
So glad I've got my new Ryzen 7 2700
Ryzen 7 2700, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2019, 06:57 PM   #3
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

If you think this affects anyone who’s a gamer you’re out of your mind. If you disable HT out of fear of this you’re probably not very bright anyway.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 14, 2019, 07:45 PM   #4
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
If you think this affects anyone who’s a gamer you’re out of your mind. If you disable HT out of fear of this you’re probably not very bright anyway.
I don't think the vulnerabilities is a big deal for regular home users. You have to be on some shady website to get caught. Even if you do what are the odds you'll be doing banking or something important?

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2019, 08:04 PM   #5
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

would love to see a gaming review of a Ryzen 7 3700X vs Intel's with all it's dozens of bubonic plague patches

do intel users now carry flowers in their pockets
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2019, 09:13 PM   #6
aRandomRobot
Coffee Adict

aRandomRobot is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0091/2 View Post
I don't think the vulnerabilities is a big deal for regular home users. You have to be on some shady website to get caught. Even if you do what are the odds you'll be doing banking or something important?
I mean how many of us here actually go to poorly maintained web forums with outdated versions of vBulletin that could be compromised and have malicious content injected? I’m sure hardly any of us
aRandomRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2019, 11:25 PM   #7
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled with

Sounds like they were trying to bury the report as well for a time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMD_Stock/c...msterdam_into/

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2019, 01:51 AM   #8
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by aRandomRobot View Post
I mean how many of us here actually go to poorly maintained web forums with outdated versions of vBulletin that could be compromised and have malicious content injected? I’m sure hardly any of us
it's ok

doesn't rage run on a pre 1999 system

Old May 15, 2019, 01:58 AM   #9
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post
Sounds like they were trying to bury the report as well for a time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMD_Stock/c...msterdam_into/
Quote:
latest (among many) of Intel security leaks