Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM   #1681
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
the_sextein
Radeon Northern Islands

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

Yes but you are complaining about price and yet spending more money on a cooler that does very little. Nvidia didn't rip you off, you ripped you off and many of us told you so before you bought it. Where was AMD to keep competition and prices in check? Who supported Nvidia's over inflated prices? Not me, I was in the market for a new card but I won't buy Nvidia unless they deliver the goods. The same goes for AMD. I won't buy an AMD card until they have competition for IRAY. There is nothing I can do about that.

If All I did was game...I would buy AMD without issue as long as they had solid drivers for one year prior to the release and the card was faster. When the Nvidia 6800 was released I didn't buy it, I went with the ATI X800XT-PE for the extra performance because performance was what I needed most at the time and SM3.0 was not established in the gaming scene and would not be during the 6800's lifetime. In the same vain, I didn't care about the RTX capabilities of the 2000 series because I knew they would be of limited use and the performance of the card was turds.

Right now I am still in the market for a new card. If I was a gamer I would buy the first card to hit the market because all of my gaming has been on hold waiting for something worthwhile to be released. Being that I am utilizing IRAY to create CGI, I will buy Nvidia regardless of when they launch because they are the only ones that have competitive GPU rendering in DAZ studio.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM   #1682
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

bill did you break a hip yet? New cards are about to be released in 19 days.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM   #1683
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I'm such a victim to Nvidia's Ultimate Countdown. They're in the year 2000 obviously talking about the GeForce 2 Ultra and various gaming titles on their Twitter page. Interesting way to build hype for a new generation.

Last edited by SIrPauly : Yesterday at 10:21 PM.
SIrPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Yesterday, 10:22 PM   #1684
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
I see you are still mad from the last time I put you in your place. Not my fault you have a severe deficiency in the IQ department. I'll put it to you like this, regardless of all the accusations about monopolies and other BS, If AMD delivers a better product that can compete in areas that I care about I will buy from them without any issue and argue with nonsensical fools who are in denial of the facts. That day has yet to come. The last CPU I bought from AMD was the FX-60 and I have not ever purchased a GPU from AMD because they have never had the better product when I was in the market for new gear. Not a single time.
I'm not upset about anything. You never put me in my place, you demonstrated you don't know what you are talking about, and just showed your bias and blind thinking. All you do is result to personal attacks. If you actually stop going of 5+ year old articles as discussed before and start looking at current data, you will find out you are full of crap. Now stop with your BS as it has no place in this thread. You want to talk about your conspiracy theories.. start a new thread, as they are not relevant to here.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Yesterday at 10:28 PM.
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:24 PM   #1685
the_sextein
Radeon Northern Islands

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

@SirPauly I share your excitement for a new 3D product. It's been a while and I'm more interested in this launch than normal due to the long wait. I remember the GeForce 2, I skipped it and bought the Voodoo 5. I had a voodoo 3 and a TNT 2 pro at the time but I bought into the hype of dual GPU's on a single board. 2X AA became a reality at that time. Fond memories.
Old Yesterday, 10:25 PM   #1686
the_sextein
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
I'm not upset about anything. You never put me in my place, you demonstrated you don't know what you are talking about, and just showed your bias and blind thinking. All you do is result to personal attacks. If you actually stop going of 5+ year old articles as discussed before and start looking at current data, you will find out you are full of crap. Now stop with your BS as it has no place in this thread. You want to talk about your conspiracy theories.. start a new thread, as they are not relevant to here.
Still in denial I see...have fun with that. A fact is a fact.
Old Yesterday, 10:33 PM   #1687
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Still in denial I see...have fun with that. A fact is a fact.
You have the impression that I care about your opinion. I guess when you get some real facts, you might be right about a fact is a fact. But start your own thread to bitch about AMD and your conspiracy theories. It's getting old to hear it here where it has no relevance.

~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM   #1688
the_sextein
Radeon Northern Islands

Boo hoo, if you don't care then stop crying. Facts were stated, denial was established, end of story.
Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM   #1689
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Boo hoo, if you don't care then stop crying. Facts were stated, denial was established, end of story.
No.. you gave 5+ year old articles (2 IIRC) which where not facts, they where opinion pieces, which supported your opinion which turned out to be wrong. I'm not the only one who has called you out on your crap in this thread because your conspiracy theories have no relevance to the 3080.. (hmm.. I remember telling you the same thing before). Start a new thread for it if you want to argue with yourself about it.

Old Yesterday, 10:46 PM   #1690
the_sextein
Radeon Northern Islands

Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM   #1691
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
@SirPauly I share your excitement for a new 3D product. It's been a while and I'm more interested in this launch than normal due to the long wait. I remember the GeForce 2, I skipped it and bought the Voodoo 5. I had a voodoo 3 and a TNT 2 pro at the time but I bought into the hype of dual GPU's on a single board. 2X AA became a reality at that time. Fond memories.
In 2000, bought a Voodoo 5500 and a GeForce 2 Gts - Giga Texel Shader, hehe, always enjoyed that wording. The quality of fsaa on the Voodoo 5500 was exceptional for its time.
Old Yesterday, 10:51 PM   #1692
the_sextein
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
In 2000, bought a Voodoo 5500 and a GeForce 2 Gts -Giga Texel Shader, hehe, always enjoyed that wording. The quality of fsaa on the Voodoo 5500 was exceptional for its time.
I remember playing Hitman one in Glide mode I think it was. At the time I was rocking 1024X768 resolution but that changed shortly after. GeForce 3 was a big step forward. Max Payne maxed out was the ultimate rush back then.
Old Yesterday, 11:05 PM   #1693
the_sextein
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
In 2000, bought a Voodoo 5500 and a GeForce 2 Gts - Giga Texel Shader, hehe, always enjoyed that wording. The quality of fsaa on the Voodoo 5500 was exceptional for its time.
I noticed you usually don't buy bleeding edge these days. What card are you interested in at the moment based on the rumors? Do you plan to buy at launch or wait for the dust to settle? Is AMD a possibility for your gaming needs? Sorry for all the questions but I'm curious where your interests are with all the hype floating around the net at the moment.