Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old May 21, 2020, 12:18 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default LOL you can get in trouble for upvoting a comment on Reddit

https://imgur.com/YifDNgm

This isn't my warning (I mostly just lurk) but when I was snooping around I came across a thread title that lead to this photo and I thought "wow".

Is this why (part of) Reddit is considered a joke?

EDIT: Img linking isn't working atm for me but anyway just click it to see.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2020, 01:38 PM   #2
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

So...someone posts something that is against the rules. You (royal "you") upvote, downvote, engage in any way and now you're in trouble?

Extreme overreaction IMHO. Trash policy.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2020, 02:42 PM   #3
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

wut.. lol!

I don't think it can be real.
Sundance Kid V2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 21, 2020, 02:46 PM   #4
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

It's because you're all a bunch of racist sexist bigots. If you were properly woke, you wouldn't be upvoting those posts. Please go watch The Last Jedi again so you can learn how to be a better man.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2020, 02:47 PM   #5
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
It's because you're all a bunch of racist sexist bigots. If you were properly woke, you wouldn't be upvoting those posts. Please go watch The Last Jedi again so you can learn how to be a better man.
Why do you hate us so much?
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2020, 03:20 PM   #6
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
So...someone posts something that is against the rules. You (royal "you") upvote, downvote, engage in any way and now you're in trouble?

Extreme overreaction IMHO. Trash policy.
What if you upvoted a post not against the rules but then the op edited the post that will?

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 860Pro 512GB/ 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2020, 03:51 PM   #7
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

This would be akin to giving karma to a post on rage3d and then getting in trouble for it.

Basically they are punishing folk for agreeing with whatever the mods disagree with over there, without even making a post.

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
Old May 21, 2020, 05:58 PM   #8
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
I don't hate. I'm weaponizing love!

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2020, 07:20 PM   #9
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

People need to read on the Chinese social credit system.

Slowly but surely.
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2020, 07:49 PM   #10
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
You wouldn't let him in on the , you jerk.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2020, 11:21 PM   #11
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I'd have to see what was upvoted. They made an active choice to make it seen by others. If it was something disturbing, then I wouldn't have a problem with this warning.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2020, 10:17 AM   #12
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
I'd have to see what was upvoted. They made an active choice to make it seen by others. If it was something disturbing, then I wouldn't have a problem with this warning.
I'm not even sure what it was either as it was a thread similar to the one I made commenting about the ridiculousness of it. I'm assuming the offending post was removed so unless they screen capped that, we likely won't ever see it.

That said, "upvoting" is waaaaaaaaaay different than posting another comment in agreeing with the post. Up-voting is more of a virtual nod and being punished just for nodding in agreement is actually quite fascist. But on reddit (or any forum for that matter) there is no freedom of speech so they are free to be totally authoritarian if they wish.

Old May 22, 2020, 10:36 AM   #13
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
But on reddit (or any forum for that matter) there is no freedom of speech so they are free to be totally authoritarian if they wish.

Thats my thought. I dont use Reddit so does a strike come from reddit itself or the sub reddit mod?

If its reddit as a whole a pretty bad look. But if its only for that sub reddit, well the mods in their respective sub reddits rule it how they want.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2020, 11:03 AM   #14
daPhoenix
Banned

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Each subreddit has their own rules and automations.

That being said, I don't understand why anything should be above being criticized just because it's within their rights to have their own rules. Being flagged for disagreeing with the mob?
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2020, 11:08 AM   #15
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post
Each subreddit has their own rules and automations.

That being said, I don't understand why anything should be above being criticized just because it's within their rights to have their own rules. Being flagged for disagreeing with the mob?
Chances are if youre replying in any sub reddit you know what youre getting in to with who admins/owns the sub reddit.

Reddit is toxic as a whole anyway IMO. Im waiting for the next reddit to come around and knock reddit off the top. But it probably wont matter cause people will be people.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2020, 04:14 PM   #16
globalist
Rage3D Veteran

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Speaking of Reddit, since when is it a thing to force the new, "mobile-friendly" layout on a sub?

https://old.reddit.com/t/coronavirus/

I will never willingly switch to the new layout but the above sub (not sure if it's the only one) is somehow forcing it upon me, despite my user preferences.

WTF?

Edit: Also, what's up with posts from other subs randomly appearing in that new /r/coronavirus view? Makes me hate the new layout even more...
TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt <---> KRK Rokit 5's

Last edited by globalist : May 22, 2020 at 04:49 PM.
globalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2020, 08:57 PM   #17
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalist View Post
Speaking of Reddit, since when is it a thing to force the new, "mobile-friendly" layout on a sub?

https://old.reddit.com/t/coronavirus/

I will never willingly switch to the new layout but the above sub (not sure if it's the only one) is somehow forcing it upon me, despite my user preferences.

WTF?

Edit: Also, what's up with posts from other subs randomly appearing in that new /r/coronavirus view? Makes me hate the new layout even more...
t for topic https://old.reddit.com/t/coronavirus/
r for really much better (subreddit) https://old.reddit.com/r/coronavirus/

nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2020, 09:29 PM   #18
UberBeavis
This is SO much fun!!!!

UberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

What did I post now?

See more of my horrible photos, and a few good ones here.
UberBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2020, 11:01 PM   #19
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

It's reddit.

Just create another fake account and continue on.

Like the rest of us.

andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2020, 12:11 AM   #20
globalist
Rage3D Veteran

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
t for topic https://old.reddit.com/t/coronavirus/
r for really much better (subreddit) https://old.reddit.com/r/coronavirus/

Ah I used google to get there and never noticed, damnit. At least I made my opinion on reddit layouts be know.
TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt <---> KRK Rokit 5's
globalist is offline   Reply With Quote