Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 1, 2018, 09:35 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

The thing that turned me off the most about stillbirth is that you only had one ship. Not since the original X-Beyond the Frontier game were you limited to just one ship. For me, a HUGE part of the fun was saving up enough for that one big ship (or a fleet of them) and flying around commanding them to guard your system, fly in formation with you, or just simply float around. Also building your own space farm and trading empire to watch your credits roll in. From what I could tell, you couldn't do that in stillbirth.

So I passed.

I am really rooting for them to get it right with X-4. X-3 + Albion was their best game so far.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2018, 09:39 AM   #32
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
sweet. Play X4 for several months till Rebel Galaxy Outlaw releases.
Rebel Galaxy Outlaw looks to be great, but if it was anything like the first in terms on long term play then it will be limited once you beat the main quest.

X-4 looks to continue the open space sandbox. Perhaps they will have a main quest buried in there somewhere like before, but you'll have so much to do in between.

Perhaps the correct statement would be we will be playing X4 for a few months, go to Outlaw and finish that, then go back to X4?

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2018, 03:56 PM   #33
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

system requirements - 64bit os and proc. those requirements tell me there is going to be a lot of whining about performance when this thing releases.

Quote:
X4: Foundations Official PC System Requirements

MINIMUM:

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
OS: Windows 10 (64-bit), Windows 8 (64-bit), Windows 7 SP1 (64-bit)
Processor: Intel i5-4590 2.7GHz or AMD equivalent
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 780/970 or AMD equivalent (Vulkan support required)
Storage: 12 GB available space
Additional Notes: These estimates may change until final release.

RECOMMENDED:

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
OS: Windows 10 (64-bit), Windows 8 (64-bit), Windows 7 SP1 (64-bit)
Processor: Intel Core i7-6700K or AMD equivalent
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1070 or AMD equivalent (Vulkan support required)
Storage: 12 GB available space
Additional Notes: These estimates may change until final release.
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/x4-fo...d/#more-117946

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 1, 2018, 09:23 PM   #34
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

the fact that an i7 6700k is recommended is meaningless, what should be bold, and what is the real performance killer, is that the minimum is set at an 15 4590.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2018, 10:00 PM   #35
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
the fact that an i7 6700k is recommended is meaningless, what should be bold, and what is the real performance killer, is that the minimum is set at an 15 4590.
That game series tends to be CPU heavy, probably because the universe tends to keep on moving without the player doing anything, things like economies, faction battles, and other things.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2018, 10:24 PM   #36
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
reason i highlighted was i don't believe i've seen a recommended proc spec of the 6th gen variety? that seems rather steep even for recommended.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 08:47 AM   #37
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

If they had VR support, I'm in.
Loved X3, have hundreds of hours in it (Steam seems to have lost at least 200 hours worth in the original).

Currently a little more wrapped up in Elite Dangerous, but I'd be game to revisit the X universe.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:57 PM   #38
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

...needless to say that egosoft has excellent post-release support. just for anyone that was wondering

Quote:
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:59 PM   #39
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
...needless to say that egosoft has excellent post-release support. just for anyone that was wondering
That is true. They generally release in a technical mess, Xrebirth being a lot worse than any of their past games, but they have always continued to support those games for years afterwards.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 04:13 PM   #40
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
That is true. They generally release in a technical mess, Xrebirth being a lot worse than any of their past games, but they have always continued to support those games for years afterwards.
x3 tc and ap are still getting updates
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:33 AM   #41
ALien8ed
Radeon R420

ALien8ed is still being judged by the masses

ObsidianAnt with a Pre-Launch Gameplay Preview Livestream.

X4 will be released on friday.

ALien8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2018, 04:57 AM   #42
Eisberg
Brrrrr

It is actually looking really good.
Quote:
Old Nov 29, 2018, 07:22 AM   #43
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

I still need to play through the excellent Evochron Legacy.

Ain't got time for this one or that mega million tech demo.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 10:51 AM   #44
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Yeah, i'd probably do evochron before another x game too.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2018, 02:56 PM   #45
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

It appears the release is a complete ass-tastic failure, Steam forums are on fire and the official X4 forums barely load at all.

In short; lots of people can't even launch the game, it just freezes on loading screen and they're getting refunds on Steam
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2018, 04:50 PM   #46
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post
It appears the release is a complete ass-tastic failure, Steam forums are on fire and the official X4 forums barely load at all.

In short; lots of people can't even launch the game, it just freezes on loading screen and they're getting refunds on Steam
eh, Steam is sitting at 65% on the reviews. Really looks like it released in a similar state that X2 and X3/Ablion released at, but still way better than what X-Rebirth did.
Quote:
Old Nov 30, 2018, 04:55 PM   #47
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

It's an egosoft game man. You know it's going to be a buggy ass mess on release. I'm waiting for a few patches before I pick up a copy.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2018, 05:06 PM   #48
Eisberg
Brrrrr

They released a Hotfix

1.0 Hotfix 1 Released
• Fixed various crashes when unable to write files to disk.
• Fixed light blue screen flash after intro video.
Quote:
Old Nov 30, 2018, 05:57 PM   #49
Eisberg
Brrrrr

There is a guy complaining about how it is taking forever to get back to his ship while in EVA suit. he was walking around an NPCs freighter that he got on from a space station, and the freighter left the space station while he was on it, and his ship is still on the space station. He decided to leave the freighter and use the EVA suit to get back to the station, but it is taking forever since the suit only goes 4 m/s. It will take him an hour to get back to his ship.

Quote:
Old Nov 30, 2018, 06:14 PM   #50
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
There is a guy complaining about how it is taking forever to get back to his ship while in EVA suit. he was walking around an NPCs freighter that he got on from a space station, and the freighter left the space station while he was on it, and his ship is still on the space station. He decided to leave the freighter and use the EVA suit to get back to the station, but it is taking forever since the suit only goes 4 m/s. It will take him an hour to get back to his ship.

Ooooops.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2018, 07:00 PM   #51
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

In x3 you could order your ship to follow you, can't you do that here?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 08:44 PM   #52
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
In x3 you could order your ship to follow you, can't you do that here?
If I remember right, you had to have special software/hardware on the ship to do that.

On another note:

The game is "Mostly Positive" 70%, on Steam. Compared to X-Rebirth that was sitting at like 20ish% on release day and then 30ish% after that for over all, it is clear that this release is a whole lot better than it was for X-Rebirth.
Quote:
Old Nov 30, 2018, 09:20 PM   #53
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

I can't believe this is out already. FFS there isn't enough time in the year. I need to win the lottery or something so I can stop working, hire a nanny and a gardner (for the wife) and play games all day.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2018, 09:46 PM   #54
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Yeah all remote stuff requires software additions or updates.

Quote:
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:14 PM   #55
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Anyone who has watched a Stream of this game or played the game ever get that song in their head?
Quote:
Old Dec 1, 2018, 02:15 AM   #56
Eisberg
Brrrrr

someone made a universe map for this game

https://roguey.co.uk/x4/universe/

That is actually bigger than I thought it would be.
Quote:
Old Dec 1, 2018, 03:40 AM   #57
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

downloaded

lots of stuff grayed out

no vsync

not supported on this hardware ?

that's a new one

Last edited by bill dennison : Dec 1, 2018 at 03:47 AM.
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2018, 03:46 AM   #58
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Isn't there a custom option?
Quote:
Old Dec 1, 2018, 03:53 AM   #59
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Isn't there a custom option?
ok yes not grayed out under custom but no higher settings anyway
not ultra textures only high
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2018, 03:58 AM   #60
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Here is the post about the whole problem with the Vsync thing with Nvidia, which is also why you see "No Vsync is not supported"

https://steamcommunity.com/app/39216...scn=1543654428

Quote:
Nvidia drivers have a minor issue with how they name their VSync options towards Vulkan games (like X4). You will therefore note, that the default VSync mode name "Triple Buffering VSync” is in fact not syncing (you will see tearing).

A consequence of this is also that VSync OFF (which is very useful for GSync users) is greyed out. Again this is the driver reporting this IN ERROR, not our game!

Nvidia is working on fixing this naming issue.

The best combination for GSync users at the moment is probably VSync (simple version) with Borderless!
Hopefully Nvidia fixes their problem soon.
Quote: