Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jul 1, 2020, 01:44 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Pats got a QB again. Cam is pissed off, and you know it when he took that league min. If he stays healthy, he's going to ball out!
sure got him cheap.... if he waited until the season started and haggled with a needy team that had an injured qb1 he could have made much more me thinks....
Vanz_007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2020, 10:51 AM   #32
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Jkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Rumblings in the news don't sound good. tbh as much as I want my football, I'd like this pandemic to be handled first. I can't even imagine a game without the crowds lol.
Not good at all.

Also, not mentally prepped for whatever digital weirdness, ESPN, FOX and CBS inject to cover up the lack of crowds.
Jkmetal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2020, 06:34 AM   #33
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkmetal23 View Post
Not good at all.

Also, not mentally prepped for whatever digital weirdness, ESPN, FOX and CBS inject to cover up the lack of crowds.
heh, didn't think about that. I hope it's not too distracting.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 2, 2020, 07:22 PM   #34
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
I'll just be happy when all the TB12 talk just...stops. Love the guy and he's done a stellar job here, but get over it already. I can't click a local sports link without having to scroll through 2 pages of Tom Brady speculation before getting to anything else.
Awwwwwww, it's so, so tough to be a Patriots fan.

After 40+ years, the Chiefs finally get a HoF caliber QB, and now there prolly won't be a season.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 07:51 PM   #35
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post

After 40+ years, the Chiefs finally get a HoF caliber QB, and now there prolly won't be a season.
oh, cry me a river he's young, only like 24 or 25 right?

I'm a Raiders fan and still waiting on Carr... had one good year, but doesn't have near the ability of Mahommies...
Old Jul 2, 2020, 08:09 PM   #36
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:

What are you even talking about? You drunk? Homie will be around when this is more under control, you'll live.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 09:25 PM   #37
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2020, 03:39 AM   #38
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
What are you even talking about? You drunk? Homie will be around when this is more under control, you'll live.
Oh, come on. If the year after the Pats won their first Super Bowl under Brady, there was a good chance the following season was going to be cancelled, you wouldn't have been disappointed?

@ Mahjik, Montana was still good, but he wasn't HoF caliber by the time he got to the Chiefs.

Last edited by JZL : Jul 3, 2020 at 03:52 AM.
JZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2020, 04:00 AM   #39
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Oh, come on. If the year after the Pats won their first Super Bowl under Brady, there was a good chance the following season was going to be cancelled, you wouldn't have been disappointed?

@ Mahjik, Montana was still good, but he wasn't HoF caliber by the time he got to the Chiefs.
I misread your meaning...yeah would have absolutely been disappointed. You have to remember though that we Pats fans spent decades being disappointed pre-Brady lol. All of those blown games left scars
Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:01 AM   #40
JZL
Starship Trooper

Quote:
I misread your meaning...yeah would have absolutely been disappointed. You have to remember though that we Pats fans spent decades being disappointed pre-Brady lol. All of those blown games left scars
Yeah, I hear that. My dad was a Steelers fan and it was pretty neat to watch them emerge in the 70's after decades of door-mat-ness. One of the only times I saw him cry was the Immaculate Reception.

Sidenote: I was actually a Vikings fan back then so I rooted for them, not the Chiefs, for Super Bowl IV and again against dad's Steelers a few years later (and two more Supers that decade).

Sidenote #2: The Chiefs picked the second QB in the vaunted 1983 Draft, the first of course being Elway. We took Todd Blackledge.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:06 AM   #41
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Took the Chiefs into the playoffs twice. There is only so much one can do without a good all around team. Chiefs didn't have the same all around caliber back then that they do today (coaching and players). Montana was still performing good and is a HoF'mer. You should have worded your original statement better but Montana didn't have the same decline that some QB's have.. However, he was never a mega gun or scrambling QB. He just knew how to read defenses and make the smart throws.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 01:34 PM   #42
JZL
Starship Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
Took the Chiefs into the playoffs twice. There is only so much one can do without a good all around team. Chiefs didn't have the same all around caliber back then that they do today (coaching and players). Montana was still performing good and is a HoF'mer. You should have worded your original statement better but Montana didn't have the same decline that some QB's have.. However, he was never a mega gun or scrambling QB. He just knew how to read defenses and make the smart throws.
We'll have to agree to disagree. They were a good all-around team. The Chiefs D in the 90's dominated. E.g., Derrick Thomas and Neal Smith were hitting their prime. The Chiefs also brought in Marcus Allen at that time, who iirc set an NFL record for rushing touchdowns as a Chief.

Montana's arm wasn't the same, and he couldn't reliably throw more than 15 yards downfield, tough admittedly, this isn't key with the west coast offense. He had racked up many concussions by then, which iirc was why he decided not to play the final year of his contract with the Chiefs and opted to retire.

It's subjective, for sure, ymmv.

Sidenote #3: I was at the '93 Pittsburg comeback game. It was close to 0° that afternoon. We were down late in the game, I was outside close to one of the spirals, debating whether to leave, when the crowd roared and I ran back in. The Chiefs got a turnover and then Montana drove down for a game-winning short TD pass.

Oh what the hell, I guess I have to agree with you. HoF-grade til the end. I think his stats were actually slightly better his next and last year, but they were eliminated in the WC game.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 02:36 PM   #43
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
We'll have to agree to disagree. They were a good all-around team. The Chiefs D in the 90's dominated. E.g., Derrick Thomas and Neal Smith were hitting their prime. The Chiefs also brought in Marcus Allen at that time, who iirc set an NFL record for rushing touchdowns as a Chief.

Montana's arm wasn't the same, and he couldn't reliably throw more than 15 yards downfield, tough admittedly, this isn't key with the west coast offense. He had racked up many concussions by then, which iirc was why he decided not to play the final year of his contract with the Chiefs and opted to retire.

It's subjective, for sure, ymmv.

Sidenote #3: I was at the '93 Pittsburg comeback game. It was close to 0° that afternoon. We were down late in the game, I was outside close to one of the spirals, debating whether to leave, when the crowd roared and I ran back in. The Chiefs got a turnover and then Montana drove down for a game-winning short TD pass.

Oh what the hell, I guess I have to agree with you. HoF-grade til the end. I think his stats were actually slightly better his next and last year, but they were eliminated in the WC game.
They Chiefs' had some decent years with Montana at the helm. However, even with those few big name players you mentioned, they were severely lacking in the WR, DB and other areas. Yes, they had a few standout players here and there, but nothing like the complete package they have now. That and IMO, coaching were the limiting factor of the 93-94 teams.

Still hope to see some NFL this year and see what the Chiefs can do. I want to see what the offense looks like with their drafted RB.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 05:53 PM   #44
Ne0Griever
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ne0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete stranger

Report: Every member of the Washington ownership group not named Snyder wants out of the team
https://sports.yahoo.com/washington-...004122848.html

Walmart, Target, Dick's Sporting Goods pull Washington Redskins items as team evaluates name
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ge/5384674002/

Nike will not feature Washington gear until the team name is changed, per report
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...ed-per-report/

Looks like the writings on the wall.
Ne0Griever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2020, 06:09 PM   #45
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
Chiefs, Patrick Mahomes agree to 10-year, $503M extension

Kansas City will get to watch Patrick Mahomes sling the pigskin for the next dozen seasons.

The Chiefs and the quarterback reached an agreement on a 10-year contract extension that will keep the Super Bowl MVP in K.C. through the 2031 season, NFL Network's Michael Silver reported, per a source informed of the deal. It is worth a colossal $503 million with $477 million in guarantee mechanisms which gives Mahomes the ability to have outs if the mechanisms are not exercised, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported.

It is the largest contract in sports history as Mahomes becomes the first athlete with a half-billion-dollar contract and the first NFL player to be the highest-paid athlete in the sports world.

The Chiefs later made the extension official.

Rapoport added there is no trade clause in the deal. Mahomes, the No. 10 overall pick in 2017, has two years remaining on his rookie contract.
https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-patr...ract-extension
Old Jul 6, 2020, 10:30 PM   #46
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne0Griever View Post
Report: Every member of the Washington ownership group not named Snyder wants out of the team
https://sports.yahoo.com/washington-...004122848.html

Walmart, Target, Dick's Sporting Goods pull Washington Redskins items as team evaluates name
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ge/5384674002/

Nike will not feature Washington gear until the team name is changed, per report
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...ed-per-report/

Looks like the writings on the wall.

maybe the chiefs are next... and what about the cowboys...
Old Jul 6, 2020, 10:45 PM   #47
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
maybe the chiefs are next... and what about the cowboys...
Give the "woke" crowd time. They can only attack so many things at once...

KC plains
KC Farmers
KC? I have no idea what's there...
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2020, 11:43 PM   #48
JZL
Starship Trooper

Quote:

KC plains
KC Farmers
KC Rats. Here's why. Bob Costas interviewed baseball legend Ichiro Suzuki, a Japanese transplant, and asked what was his favorite American expression. Ichiro thought about it a second, and then answered "August in Kansas City is hotter than two rats f**ing in a wool sock." Classic.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 01:54 AM   #49
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Or any descriptions about Kansas...

bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2020, 08:19 AM   #50
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

I'm not sure KC will change their name but the logo likely. The word "Chief" isn't viewed as offensive as "Redskin". If the logo does get changed, I would assume the stadium would also get renamed from "Arrowhead".
Old Jul 7, 2020, 09:35 AM   #51
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:

KC plains
KC Farmers
Tornados
Old Jul 7, 2020, 08:44 PM   #52
JZL
Starship Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
Tornados
I thought that too, or maybe Lightning. Too bad the plural of lightning is lightning (lightning strikes?).

Too bad Nixon ruined the name "Rolling Thunder" pretty much forever.

The nickname for the school where two of the eight grandkids go is the Blue Streaks.

Having been 13 in 1974, I kind find some amusement in the whole "streak" angle.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 08:11 PM   #53
Ne0Griever
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ne0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete stranger

"Today, we are announcing we will be retiring the Redskins name and logo upon completion of this review," the team said in a statement.

"Dan Snyder and Coach [Ron] Rivera are working closely to develop a new name and design approach that will enhance the standing of our proud, tradition-rich franchise and inspire our sponsors, fans and community for the next 100 years."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...kins-name-logo

I like how they named sponsors first.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 08:28 PM   #54
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
NEW YORK — With NFL training camps set to start at the end of the month, the league believes it is closer to one answer when it comes to player safety amid the coronavirus pandemic: face shields for the players' helmets.

The NFL and the players' union agreed to several protocols in a 42-page document last week, including team travel, media and treatment response. They have also updated the facilities protocol, specifically addressing training camp, using recommendations from a joint committee of doctors, trainers and strength coaches.

However, the two sides haven’t agreed on testing and screening protocols for the coronavirus.

One idea suggested by the union’s medical director, Dr. Thom Mayer, to help control the spread of the virus was to have players wear face masks. The league’s engineers and a sports equipment company tested prototypes for the masks, but players shot it down.
Full article: https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/h...5-673874d4b162
Old Jul 13, 2020, 09:31 PM   #55
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

With the virus spreading like wildfire in the summer which many initially thought might slow it down. I don't think we will have a season at all.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 09:44 PM   #56
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
With the virus spreading like wildfire in the summer which many initially thought might slow it down. I don't think we will have a season at all.
I'm not seeing it either.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 10:11 PM   #57
JZL
Starship Trooper

Quote:
I'm not seeing it either.
Concur. Dammit. Nor do I think the baseball season will get far even if it starts.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 07:13 PM   #58
Ne0Griever
Radeon Arctic Islands

Washington Redskins now being Washington Football Team doesn't sound terrible at all.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 07:40 PM   #59
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Quote:
Washington Redskins now being Washington Football Team doesn't sound terrible at all.
That's lame as fook. Charlotte's new soccer team will be called Charlotte FC (football club). A team needs a name imo. WTF are redskins fans going to call their team? The FC? Oh my bad, I forgot redskins is racist.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 12:46 AM   #60
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
that's so fuking offensive...