Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:32 AM   #271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I was really hoping this patch would at least fix the traffic pathing problems. Like when I park my car if its not completely out of the traffic's way it causes a traffic jam because cars are incapable of driving around my car. Pedestrian NPCs need a serious overhaul as well.

Also was hoping they would fix that problem on the upgrade screen where it doesn't always tell you what level you need to be to upgrade an item. Just says "reach level {int_0} to upgrade this item." Seems like a simple line text bug that could be fixed easily.

I guess they likely have a long list of issues and these quality of life issues are not high on the priority list.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:36 AM   #272
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I personally think game has enough to playthrough right now. Do mains mostly and experience the story. Then come back for a replay with the sides when enhanced edition comes out. Expecting big fixes at least in the next 6 months with 5 platforms seems like an impossible task with any developer that is not size of UBI, Activision or EA and even those devs take ages.

Just IMO. I started with a negative view as well but as I played the game got me by the balls.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:47 AM   #273
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Yeah the game was playable for me if sticking to the main story and just go directly from objective point to point. Very stable experience. But once you start really exploring and doing side missions is when you can notice a lot of the game's problems.

However, I was reading this morning the 1.1 patch has unfortunately introduced a game breaking bug on one of the main story missions with Takemura.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 25, 2021, 12:01 PM   #274
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

The devs have promised a quick hotfix for the Takemura issue . I completely agree regarding sticking to the main missions. It wasn't until I started random exploring that I became disenfranchised.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2021, 01:08 PM   #275
xCLAVEx
FCK Joebama/HeelsUpHarris

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
The devs have promised a quick hotfix for the Takemura issue . I completely agree regarding sticking to the main missions. It wasn't until I started random exploring that I became disenfranchised.
I would certainly hope that they would fix a game breaking bug that did not exist prior to the patch ASAP.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 02:17 PM   #276
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

I just finished the game over the weekend. Did pretty much everything, barring about half of the fisticuffs quests, the racing quests, and a few of the skirmishes scattered around that the cops want you to put a kibosh on.

While there were a few issues, nothing worth all of the noise for PC players. A bad legendary quickhack, one scenario where my shotgun stopped firing (save, exit, reload fixed it), and the braindance menu on certain quests not presenting the exit button to push (the button still worked, you just weren't told it was an option) were the only real ones that come to mind.

Other things like traffic backups for no reason were annoying, but really...

I didn't seek any spoilers that weren't in-game. Ended up with the Temperance ending. Satisfying and not at the same time.

Temperance kinda flies in the face of video game expectations in which you are expected to be able to "win." As a movie ending though, totally cool. Nice epilogue in which you can see how your character didn't really "die"... she lives on in Johnny as he's a different man than he used to be before V started blending into him. The double-voicing throughout helps to emphasize that.

Now, maybe there are some other endings that present differently. Will try a different end-game next time through. Rather than Johnny/Rogue storming the castle, it'll be the deal with Arasaka. May end up at exactly the same point, but we'll see. Don't tell me.

My next play through will be after the release some more DLC. Didn't regret a moment of it though, and the follow-up games on the IP will be better yet now that they have the basics of the systems down and can put more time into fleshing out the world, the quests, etc.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2021, 02:27 PM   #277
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
I just finished the game over the weekend. Did pretty much everything, barring about half of the fisticuffs quests, the racing quests, and a few of the skirmishes scattered around that the cops want you to put a kibosh on.

While there were a few issues, nothing worth all of the noise for PC players. A bad legendary quickhack, one scenario where my shotgun stopped firing (save, exit, reload fixed it), and the braindance menu on certain quests not presenting the exit button to push (the button still worked, you just weren't told it was an option) were the only real ones that come to mind.

Other things like traffic backups for no reason were annoying, but really...

I didn't seek any spoilers that weren't in-game. Ended up with the Temperance ending. Satisfying and not at the same time.

Temperance kinda flies in the face of video game expectations in which you are expected to be able to "win." As a movie ending though, totally cool. Nice epilogue in which you can see how your character didn't really "die"... she lives on in Johnny as he's a different man than he used to be before V started blending into him. The double-voicing throughout helps to emphasize that.

Now, maybe there are some other endings that present differently. Will try a different end-game next time through. Rather than Johnny/Rogue storming the castle, it'll be the deal with Arasaka. May end up at exactly the same point, but we'll see. Don't tell me.

My next play through will be after the release some more DLC. Didn't regret a moment of it though, and the follow-up games on the IP will be better yet now that they have the basics of the systems down and can put more time into fleshing out the world, the quests, etc.

Did you play on the system you have listed? On a 970?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2021, 02:32 PM   #278
bill dennison
Banned

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
I was really hoping this patch would at least fix the traffic pathing problems. Like when I park my car if its not completely out of the traffic's way it causes a traffic jam because cars are incapable of driving around my car. Pedestrian NPCs need a serious overhaul as well.

Also was hoping they would fix that problem on the upgrade screen where it doesn't always tell you what level you need to be to upgrade an item. Just says "reach level {int_0} to upgrade this item." Seems like a simple line text bug that could be fixed easily.

I guess they likely have a long list of issues and these quality of life issues are not high on the priority list.
the pedestrian NPCs are brain dead zombie's they even shuffle along like zombie's
i keep thinking i have walked into Shaun of the Dead

that and the cops AI need to be fixed ASAP before i try it again
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2021, 02:35 PM   #279
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Did you play on the system you have listed? On a 970?
No, have a 2070 and an Zen2 processor.

Old Jan 25, 2021, 04:46 PM   #280
xCLAVEx

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'll wait until a more significant patch that actually considerably improves quality of life or DLC before I re-install and do my second play through.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 05:55 PM   #281
xCLAVEx

Did anybody here ever use the fast travel option? I never did, even though I saw the places frequently. I just preferred to drive there myself.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 07:00 PM   #282
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Yes. Often.
Crawdaddy79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2021, 07:21 PM   #283
theduce
Il Duce

theduce is still being judged by the masses

I get it man. I want to play it too because the game has tons of potential, but it's a game. If it takes them 3 months to fix it, then it takes 3 months. There are plenty of other titles to play. I forgot to back-up my savegames when I reformatted Windows with my new board+chip, so instead of starting from scratch now, I'm just going to wait until it's fixed.

I have full confidence it will be fixed. It'll take time. How many people complained about the delays, and then now are complaining the game is in an unpolished state?

It's a video-game. When it's fixed, it's fixed, just a matter of when, not if.[/quote]

Concise points!
Old Jan 25, 2021, 08:32 PM   #284
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I always use fast travel.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:17 PM   #285
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Did anybody here ever use the fast travel option? I never did, even though I saw the places frequently. I just preferred to drive there myself.
I rarely ever drove. I always used fast travel and foot travel.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:40 PM   #286
xCLAVEx

Huh, weird. Most here have used fast travel, but most on reddit rarely use it.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 07:50 AM   #287
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I used fast travel as much as possible. Walking or driving is a colossal pointless waste of time.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 09:44 AM   #288
acroig
Master Mod Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Huh, weird. Most here have used fast travel, but most on reddit rarely use it.
Quote:
I used fast travel as much as possible. Walking or driving is a colossal pointless waste of time.
OK, I'm stupid, never used it, drove everywhere.

Also: https://www.darkhorizons.com/refunds...nk-2077-sales/

Wow!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2021, 10:17 AM   #289
koralis
Radeon 5850

Quote:

Yes and no. If you drive/walk you can discover brawls and other things. If you don't intend to do them though, then yeah.

Mostly I fast-travelled to get into a vicinity, especially if it wasn't near.

Quote:
Wow!
Yep. Which is why claiming that their stock price has anything whatsoever to do with their ability to make money is silly. That isn't how stocks work. It's how it SHOULD work, but the real world doesn't do that. That'd be how things worked if the Stock Market didn't exist making it insanely easy to get in and out of positions, and if all companies distributed profits as dividends, but that's a fantasy land.

It's going to take another 5 years to make the next game. The investors will park their money elsewhere till year 4, ride the stock appreciation in the runup to the next title, and sell off again once their gains are as high as they think likely (driving down the stock price again.)

Last edited by koralis : Jan 26, 2021 at 10:24 AM.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 11:00 AM   #290
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I walk/ride everywhere in RDR2. The scenery and attention to detail is stunning. In CP77 I got bored just walking down the street. Unless you count watching NPCs and cars pop in and out of existence and looking at floating traffic lights and other objects "entertainment".

I really hope CDPR releases more patches to address all the major bugs, but there are some design issues that a bug fix just won't help. I'll still play it for the story when I'm done with RDR2, though.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 12:40 PM   #291
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
Yes and no. If you drive/walk you can discover brawls and other things. If you don't intend to do them though, then yeah.

Mostly I fast-travelled to get into a vicinity, especially if it wasn't near.
Well, you have to first travel somewhere before unlocking the fast travel point of that area. So its likely you would discover things along the way the first time through.

But after that initial time manually traveling, I would always use the fast travel to get around next time I needed to visit that area. I found Cyberpunk's environments to be very monotonous with not much to do or discover of any real substance. The random cop and gang encounters were just a lot of garbage busy work IMO.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 03:21 PM   #292
Jimby
Captain Manches

Jimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I myself preferred driving than the fast travel, though I did use it occasionally. I found driving more immersive in the game. Mostly used a Cycle in the city and a Nomad modified vehicle for the Badlands.
Jimby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2021, 04:55 PM   #293
xCLAVEx

I don't think I once used the fast travel. I enjoyed driving around through the city, despite drivings flaws.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 08:04 PM   #294
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

I know there is a mod that improved this. But I wish the drive was easier to see when a turn was coming in the mini map. Driving a cycle got pretty annoying after missing so many turns.
SD-[Inc] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2021, 04:37 AM   #295
UFO
Who's your buddy?

UFO is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
I know there is a mod that improved this. But I wish the drive was easier to see when a turn was coming in the mini map. Driving a cycle got pretty annoying after missing so many turns.

What the game needs is an turn indicator in the navigation that can warn early when a turn is ahead.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 09:17 AM   #296
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I really want to play this game but instead I just futz around in it from time to time. I'm focusing my limited play time on RDR2.

So I'm not sure if it's my imagination, or is the LoD screwed up in patch 1.1? I'm seeing more pop-in and late texture loads than in 1.06. I'm guessing it's the result of CDPR trying to make this play better on consoles (?). If they hadn't tried to release on multiple consoles and the PC at the same time, I imagine this would have been a much smoother launch.

CDPR has a LOT of work left to do on this puppy. The potential is there, which is why I'm so disappointed.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 09:56 AM   #297
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

The game has been saved!

Quote:
Cyberpunk 2077 Official Modding Tools available for download
When all else fails, put it into the capable hands of the experts

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/cyber...ools-download/
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2021, 10:54 AM   #298
koralis
Radeon 5850

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
Less annoying than a car at least... shorter turn radius. And can drive on the sidewalks if you need to avoid a traffic jam.

Old Jan 27, 2021, 04:45 PM   #299
xCLAVEx

Quote:
CDPR shuts down Cyberpunk mod that let players have 'sex' with Keanu Reeves

https://www.pcgamer.com/cdpr-shuts-d...-keanu-reeves/

Old Jan 28, 2021, 09:57 AM   #300
acroig
Master Mod Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Is new patch out?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote