Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:25 AM   #751
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I have the physical version.
Oh yeah forgot about physical versions lol.

I havent been reading any previews did anyone catch how many hours this game is supposed to offer?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:57 AM   #752
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Oh yeah forgot about physical versions lol.

I havent been reading any previews did anyone catch how many hours this game is supposed to offer?
I'm hearing from early reviewers you can beat it in 15 hours if you plow through it, but there's a ton of extra stuff to explore.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:24 PM   #753
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Im not expecting BoTW levels of time out of this but I am hoping to get about 40 hours out of it.

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:44 PM   #754
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Im not expecting BoTW levels of time out of this but I am hoping to get about 40 hours out of it.
Might be able to squeeze that much time out of it.

The reviewers I was hearing this from just did all the main portions of the game to get to the end. I'm sure there's tons of extra stuff to do. For example, in Super Mario 64 you only need to collect 70 stars to beat the game (without exploits) but there are 120 total in the game to find. I expect a similar thing with Odyssey.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2017, 01:10 PM   #755
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Received my Switch and it seems like a nice little mobile machine. Haven't looked around much but have seen it written that it isn't much more powerful then the WiiU. Screen is nice. Bought what I call a too expensive zagg screen protector which went on nice but with a few thin dust hairs, tried to get them out but that was a mistake. Once its on I guess you dont want to lift them off as they dont seal every time after that. Had to pay another $5.99 to get another sent out to try again, for how much I paid there should be 3 of them in the package at least. Other issue I am having is HDMI communication through a switch box. I have my XBOX one and WiiU connected to the same switch box and they sync without issue but with the Switch it can take 3 or so power off and on's sometimes to get it to sync to the TV, probably wouldnt be a problem connected direct to the TV but cant give up my 4K connections for the Switch, so I guess I live with it.
In portable it's a bit faster than the Wii u in docked it's a fair bit faster.

Anyway got Mario installed and playing, good game so far

Twas cheap on amazon Japan. 42 Euro ish.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 01:13 PM   #756
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
In portable it's a bit faster than the Wii u in docked it's a fair bit faster.

Anyway got Mario installed and playing, good game so far

Twas cheap on amazon Japan. 42 Euro ish.
Based on current reviews we have another Mario Masterpiece incoming, Not released until tomorrow here.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2017, 02:49 PM   #757
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Based on current reviews we have another Mario Masterpiece incoming, Not released until tomorrow here.
Metacritic says 97%. Maybe I'll have to go buy a switch now?

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2017, 03:01 PM   #758
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Good to hear it's doing so well in reviews. I'm getting a Switch eventually either way, but a few more big games to make it worth it would be great.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2017, 03:30 PM   #759
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Metacritic says 97%. Maybe I'll have to go buy a switch now?
Looks like a Mario/stranger things 2 weekend!
I had no plan to buy a switch anytime soon, until they had a $75 off deal on one and with me selling all my retro games to fund it, I went for it.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:42 AM   #760
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Today I need to pick up Mario Odyssey. My first Mario game since Super Mario Bros on the NES.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2017, 04:26 AM   #761
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Today I need to pick up Mario Odyssey. My first Mario game since Super Mario Bros on the NES.
great game so far
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2017, 05:42 AM   #762
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Wife is playing it. My turn will come when they are asleep.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 05:46 AM   #763
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Woke up and couldn't sleep knowing that Mario was loaded up and ready to go on my switch. Got a couple of hours in before work. So fun. This is the Mario that I've been hoping for since 64.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2017, 05:55 AM   #764
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Might be able to squeeze that much time out of it.

The reviewers I was hearing this from just did all the main portions of the game to get to the end. I'm sure there's tons of extra stuff to do. For example, in Super Mario 64 you only need to collect 70 stars to beat the game (without exploits) but there are 120 total in the game to find. I expect a similar thing with Odyssey.
Exactly what the ign review said. Really excited about that part. While the Mario 3d world concept was cool I much prefer this route. The exploration is exactly what I loved about Mario 64. Nostalgia aside it's still my favorite Mario title. I still play it occasionally.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 06:01 AM   #765
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

Also this is pretty annoying playing handheld
https://www.google.com/amp/s/kotaku....1819877218/amp
Old Oct 27, 2017, 06:58 AM   #766
KAC

Detach joy cons and no issues then even in handheld mode. If you don’t have a stand for a switch, you must have hands made out of iron because handling it while playing games is tough.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 07:30 AM   #767
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

You can do the hat spin by rotating the analog stick while pressing the hat throw no motion controls required.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 07:48 AM   #768
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
You can do the hat spin by rotating the analog stick while pressing the hat throw no motion controls required.
Yeah but that's it sadly. Can't do the homing throw, upward, downward, and some possession skills without shaking the entire console around.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 08:39 AM   #769
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

mynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
Also this is pretty annoying playing handheld
https://www.google.com/amp/s/kotaku....1819877218/amp
Welll my first switch/joycon would drift to the left pretty quickly.
I had to return to best buy.
Luckily they agreed to just open a. Box of joycon for me, I had hrs of saves already.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 10:03 AM   #770
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Going to pick up Super Mario Oddysey at lunch today, hopefully have time to play this weekend.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2017, 10:03 AM   #771
logical
What is my purpose?

Started Odyssey last night and Im pretty impressed for the first level. The game looks polished but the first world looks a bit small. I am going through and looking for the purple coins and all of the moons. I need to go and find out how many there are per world cause I dont think I saw a total count in the game when collecting them.

The game itself runs at 60 in handheld mode which is greatly appreciated. I am sure there are some downgrades vs docked mode but as is its nice.

I like how they mixed in old mario style with new mario style.

Old Oct 27, 2017, 10:43 AM   #772
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

First map is certainly smaller but they start to expand once you progress. After workd 3 you can then backtrack to existing worlds to unlock the rest of the moons.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:05 AM   #773
logical
What is my purpose?

Nice, the bigger the better.

Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:17 AM   #774
KAC

Wife and kid have been playing since morning lol.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 09:31 PM   #775
logical
What is my purpose?

There are a crap ton of moons in the sand world going to be awhile before I go to the new land and then I have to go back to the first 2 worlds.

Old Oct 27, 2017, 09:37 PM   #776
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Yep, a great Mario game for sure, my Pro controller ended up getting here early just in time for Mario.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 12:12 PM   #777
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Mario Oddysey is fun as hell!
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2017, 06:15 PM   #778
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

Been playing Odyssey way too much today. I haven't been so excited for a game as I was before Odyssey in as long as I can remember. I'm not at all disappointed. It's the sequel to Mario 64 that I always wanted.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 07:24 PM   #779
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

It's muy bueno.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2017, 12:30 PM   #780
lmchv
Planet Express

lmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Was going to wait until december to buy it because I was low on funds for this kind of things , then I remembered I had $60 in my Nintendo account

so..., what a great game, you can't go wrong with this one.
BEHEMOTH (Desktop): Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Core i9 9900K @5.0Ghz + Asus ROG Ryuo 240 | Corsair Ballistic 32GB DDR4-3000 | Dell 2715Q 27" 4K | XFX Radeon VII 16GB | CoolerMaster Cosmos C700P + Asus ROG Thor 1200W Platinum | Sound Blaster Z + Logitech Z-5500 + Logitech G635 | HyperX Alloy Elite RGB CherryMX Red + Logitech G700S + Gigabyte Krypton | Samsung 950 Pro NVMe SSD 512GB + 2 x Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512GB RAID0 + 2 x Western Digital Black 1TB RAID0 | LG BD-RE | Windows 10 Pro 64bits

Charquito (Desktop): Asus Sabertooth X99 | Intel Core i7 5930K @4.7Ghz + Corsair Hydro H110 | Kingston HyperX 32GB DDR4-2400 | Dell U2713HM 27" | Asus ROG Strix Geforce GTX1080| Cooler Master Cosmos 2 + Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W | Microsoft Reclusa + Logitech MX Performance | Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD + Seagate 500GB | Sony BD-ROM | Windows 10 Pro 64bits

Bloodzone.net Moderator
lmchv is offline   Reply With Quote