Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:54 AM   #691
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
A buddy of mine has it and Zelda, and I disagree. I'll wait for more games.
I guess if youre not a fan of Zelda it may not be. Games are going to be slow to come out. The flip side though is it seems more third party gaming companies are buying into the switch compared to the WiiU so there should be more diverse games coming out. If youre not into Nintendo games or gaming on the go you should probably look elsewhere.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:10 AM   #692
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
I still don't see the point of getting one. It doesn't seem like there are any games available.
What do you classify as games as I have about 46 games on the Switch .

9 physical, a few would have been physical, but was cheap on the Japanese E-Shop.

Sure the rest are Indie and whatever else like Neo Geo, but for me these days I prefer playing Indie games more than I do AAA games .

Not saying I don't play AAA, but I'm slowly getting burned by how they're all the same **** every year.

Anyway my point was, there's too many games, there's others I want to buy but haven't got around to it yet.

Last edited by SirBaron : Sep 29, 2017 at 11:16 AM.
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:14 AM   #693
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I guess if youre not a fan of Zelda it may not be. Games are going to be slow to come out. The flip side though is it seems more third party gaming companies are buying into the switch compared to the WiiU so there should be more diverse games coming out. If youre not into Nintendo games or gaming on the go you should probably look elsewhere.
I'm a big Nintendo fan and have nearly every Mario and Zelda game made for all the systems except he handhelds (I only have a few for Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, DS, etc). I just don't buy systems for 1 game. I'll get one eventually, but I'm patient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
What do you classify as games as I have about 46 games on the Switch .
Physical only, US games, and no indie titles.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:17 AM   #694
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

in that case then you probably don't play that many games seeing as the majority of the games that get made tend to not be in the US
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:34 AM   #695
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
in that case then you probably don't play that many games seeing as the majority of the games that get made tend to not be in the US
I think you know what I meant.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:34 AM   #696
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
So, did anyone here pick up golf story?
Just read about this game... might give it a go for 20 bucks.

Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:08 PM   #697
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Zelda game is definitely not the reason to buy a Switch.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:11 PM   #698
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
I think you know what I meant.
I did

Gotta get my being a ass quite filled.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 02:11 PM   #699
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

I need more people on my friends list who, SirBaron is my I'd or if you're too lazy just post yours.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 04:31 PM   #700
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I don't think anyone needs to be told whether or not Zelda is worth it. Most people should already know if they will like that game.

I am happy 3rd party publishers are seeing its a success and want to make games for it. Personally though I'm hoping for lots of 3rd party exclusives like in the old days. I'm not big on handheld on-the-go gaming, so any 3rd party release that's also available on other platforms I will most likely just buy on PC. But if the Switch starts getting some awesome 3rd party developed exclusives that will be great. Rabbids is a good first example for me.

Until then the only other games I'm really excited about and are making me buy a Switch soon are Mario Odyssey and the new Metroid Prime. Breath of the Wild would have been also included except I got that for Wii U.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2017, 12:25 PM   #701
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Subscriber

Took my switch camping with me, was awesome playing Sonic and Zelda in the woods
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2017, 05:03 PM   #702
logical
What is my purpose?

I picked up Golf Story to play during down town at work. Seems to fill that need and its pretty decent. I like their use of the HD rumble too. More games need to use it as much as Golf Story.

Old Oct 2, 2017, 09:56 AM   #703
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

I put a few hours into golf story last night. The game is a lot more enjoyable than it should be. Can't go wrong for the price.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2017, 03:02 PM   #704
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Stardew Valley is due this week, digital crack on a portable machine. Goodbye free hours.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 07:23 PM   #705
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

I've been tempted to pick that up on the PC a while back. Seems like a great fit on the switch. Going to have to try it out.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:47 AM   #706
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Subscriber

Have to say - not regretting my decision to go all digital with Switch games. Loving not having to pack physical copies of games or mess around on a plane finding the game I want to play, just pull out the switch and game.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:32 PM   #707
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Stardew Valley is due this week, digital crack on a portable machine. Goodbye free hours.
I already own it on PC, but I'll totally buy it again on Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Have to say - not regretting my decision to go all digital with Switch games. Loving not having to pack physical copies of games or mess around on a plane finding the game I want to play, just pull out the switch and game.
I really wish I could "install" my carts to the Switch, like Zelda. It already downloads updates to the Switch, why not give me the option to install it as well?
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2017, 01:43 PM   #708
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I already own it on PC, but I'll totally buy it again on Switch

I really wish I could "install" my carts to the Switch, like Zelda. It already downloads updates to the Switch, why not give me the option to install it as well?
If that was possible would be too easy to pirate games. Install game and then sell it or give to friend and they get the game t etc.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 02:19 PM   #709
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
If that was possible would be too easy to pirate games. Install game and then sell it or give to friend and they get the game t etc.
I'm sure there's a way to manage that.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2017, 02:53 PM   #710
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

It's a portable machine so unless you want always online DRM, then there really isn't a way around it.

Sue it would be nice, but, changing a cartridge is just a minor inconvenience. Unlike the ps4 were the blu ray drive sounds like a jet engine.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 08:19 PM   #711
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Any word on what's coming out on switch in 2018?

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:33 PM   #712
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
2 games worth playing...
Btw there are cases where you could organize 14 carts easily. I don’t think going digital makes sense for any console plat.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2017, 02:31 PM   #713
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
I still don't see the point of getting one. It doesn't seem like there are any games available.
I get this same feeling...

Games I do want, I already have on Wii-U.
Games that are there, are all indie. And most of the time I get indie's spur of the moment or don't get at all.

Theres nothing really "wowing" me, but then again that's the same for all the consoles this go around.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2017, 05:15 PM   #714
TenFour
Radeon Northern Islands

TenFour is still being judged by the masses

What's the downside other than resale? I'm getting digital for any game I know I won't sell later or I like to play in quick, short bursts. (Mario Kart/Splatoon)
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2017, 06:46 AM   #715
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
So far metroid, Kirby, Yoshi, and the Pokemon RPG.

Out of the official announced stuff from Nintendo.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:09 AM   #716
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:

Excited for all of the above

I hope we get a star fox game on the Switch. Even a port of the Wii U (without the Gyro controls please) would be nice
Old Oct 5, 2017, 11:30 AM   #717
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:

Metroid's not coming out in 2018. It's release date is "TBA". My guess is 2019 or even 2020.

Frankly if they were far enough along that they could release it in 2018, they would have shown something more than a logo. My impression is that e3 was just announcing that they intended to start working on it.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2017, 04:37 PM   #718
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

I'd wager 2019,but depends on what "scale" the game will be.

Imagine theirs other titles coming next year possibly a few enhanced ports/sequels in between their original titles. As usual we won't know about those until a random Nintendo direct.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 06:37 PM   #719
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I'm with you there. So far zelda is my only physical game. I'm going back and forth on a digital copy of super mario. Due to the convenience I'll probably go digital.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 06:51 PM   #720
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
I'm with you there. So far zelda is my only physical game. I'm going back and forth on a digital copy of super mario. Due to the convenience I'll probably go digital.
Thought I read somewhere that the physical copy of Mario will include a digital copy