Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Nov 12, 2017, 02:07 PM   #811
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
Apparently the gamecube adapter works on the switch as well.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/24/1...be-controllers
Nice. Wondering if they'll be a spike in prices now for the Wii U GameCube adapter.

Might be a nice alternative to buying an expensive pro controller. Sucks there's no home button though.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2017, 02:18 PM   #812
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I'd rather buy the 8bitdo pro controllers, especially with the C stick on the gamecube controller being not the best for a second analog stick.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 05:45 PM   #813
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

My wife, who has always been awful at platforming and 3rd person games like Mario, is great at Mario Odyssey, and can't stop playing it. She's also really good at finding hidden moons, she's way ahead of where I am in the game.

I bought a neon blue/red set of joycons this weekend.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 12, 2017, 06:57 PM   #814
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

Deimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete stranger

Ordered a switch today. This is my first console purchase since the Wii (not counting the XboneS I got for "free" and then returned).

Mars:
Intel S2600CP4 | Dual Xeon E5-2670 (Octa core HT 3.3Ghz) | 64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz | 2 x 120GB Vertex 3 SSD RAID 0 (OS) + 240GB Vertex 2 3.5" (VMs) | Intel RAID Module RMS25PB080 + 8 X 2TB WD RAID 5

Deimos on Steam
Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2017, 03:36 PM   #815
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I just ordered a 200gb SanDisk for €62 as my 64Gb is full.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 06:36 PM   #816
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

I picked up probably the same 200GB SanDisk for a $50 off Ebay.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:32 AM   #817
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Is it a red and white one?

https://www.amazon.de/SanDisk-Ultra-...micro+sd+200gb

is the one I got, but murica get's everything tech wise cheaper.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:57 AM   #818
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Is it a red and white one?

https://www.amazon.de/SanDisk-Ultra-...micro+sd+200gb

is the one I got, but murica get's everything tech wise cheaper.
Yep, same one I picked up.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 07:45 PM   #819
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

Deimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete stranger

Best console purchase ever. Zelda is great although framerates are sometimes not.

Is there anything cool/interesting you can do with this thing?

Mars:
Intel S2600CP4 | Dual Xeon E5-2670 (Octa core HT 3.3Ghz) | 64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz | 2 x 120GB Vertex 3 SSD RAID 0 (OS) + 240GB Vertex 2 3.5" (VMs) | Intel RAID Module RMS25PB080 + 8 X 2TB WD RAID 5

Deimos on Steam
Old Nov 16, 2017, 08:13 PM   #820
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
Best console purchase ever. Zelda is great although framerates are sometimes not.

Is there anything cool/interesting you can do with this thing?
Yea Zelda is game of the year for me, put in over 90 hours on the WiiU version.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:42 AM   #821
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

The game worlds in Zelda games always seem so empty and lonely to me. There's not much in them. Has this new one improved that?

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:22 AM   #822
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
The game worlds in Zelda games always seem so empty and lonely to me. There's not much in them. Has this new one improved that?
I havent played too many Zeldas before this one but the world in BoTW is pretty lively. Wherever you go there are people and things to do and see. There are some areas where there are no people but there are always shrines and things to see at every corner.

Breath of the wild would have to be my GOTY.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:22 PM   #823
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
The only Zelda game I can think of right now that ever felt like that at all was Wind Waker. But even that game still had plenty to explore and do.

BotW from the get-go is just full of curious wonder. The environment seems huge and open, but its actually designed and detailed pretty well and there's always something interesting to head towards off in the distance. Towards the end of my playthrough though I did find myself fast traveling quite a bit. Plus the gameplay is so open ended and flexible, you really can use all the game gives you to make up your own playstyles. People who complained about repetition just did not experiment enough. Honestly its only limited by your imagination. Wonderful game.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 01:08 PM   #824
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Playing Skyrim in my hand is just . Gyro aiming the bow as well is a godsend.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 04:34 AM   #825
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

zelda botw - first time i scared fish onto the bank i was hooked! . then for some reason i became hooked on ice-bowling for dollars.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2017, 09:35 PM   #826
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Just finished the story in Mario Odyssey, Second finished game this month! The game is fantastic, If I want to keep going there are a hell of alot more moons to find. Everything is just perfect in how it controls to the ideas that Nintendo puts into the game. I rate this one up there with Breath of the Wild.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 06:41 PM   #827
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

This thing worth it? Did not like the wii u.

looks gimmicky to me.

Tempted to buy it...

for thew kids.

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Gigabyte RTX 3070 OC - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps - HP OMEN 27i -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2017, 08:01 PM   #828
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog View Post

looks gimmicky to me.

Tempted to buy it...

for thew kids.
Well you have 2 GOTY games to buy with it, Although I bought BOTW for the WiiU, Mario Odyssey is fantastic and I'm no kid. WiiU has some great games on it as well but I guess you should know that you like Nintendo games before hand. Maybe they are not for everyone, if your only looking for graphics.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 09:40 AM   #829
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:

looks gimmicky to me.

Tempted to buy it...

for thew kids.
Buy it if there are exclusive games available for it that interest you. That's all that really matters.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:02 PM   #830
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
looks gimmicky to me.
This is probably the purest 'console' from Nintendo in a long while. Also why do people get on Nintendo's case about their consoles being gimmicky? They pioneered motion controls, labelled 'gimmicky' which in some way has become a staple of gaming, literally every console has some form of motion control now, including PC with VR.

The Wii U controller with the screen seemed like a good idea but they turned that idea completely on it's head by making the console a portable and frankly, the controllers are freakin genius. Best controllers to ever grace a console for way too many reasons.

Mars:

Deimos on Steam
Old Nov 25, 2017, 08:14 AM   #831
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Nintendo was also the first console to include a thumb controlled analog stick.

Anyway, so far the Switch for me is up there with the GBA as my favorite gaming machine. (GBA SP ofcourse, the original hardware was wank)
Old Nov 25, 2017, 08:44 AM   #832
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Handheld skyrim is pretty neat, the game controls better with the pro controller though, it feels like the deadzone is much larger on the joycon stick.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2017, 01:27 AM   #833
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

xenoblade chronicles 2 this friday. guess nintendo caved and have japanese audio w/english subs as a free day-one dlc
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2017, 11:18 AM   #834
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I hope the music is better this time.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2017, 11:19 AM   #835
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
xenoblade chronicles 2 this friday. guess nintendo caved and have japanese audio w/english subs as a free day-one dlc
Went ahead and pre-ordered this one, probably my last Switch title for 2017.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 03:12 PM   #836
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I hope the music is better this time.
I bet its more like Xenoblade Chronicles (more fantasy) than Xenoblade Chronicles X (more sci fi anime)
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:49 PM   #837
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I don’t like anime. Any other game worth boning?

Btw I haven’t played switch for more than 30 mins since purchase.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2017, 11:21 PM   #838
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I don’t like anime. Any other game worth boning?

Btw I haven’t played switch for more than 30 mins since purchase.
I don't feel like going back through the thread, do you own Mario Odyssey?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:15 AM   #839
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I have Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, and some Tetris game. I have played Kart but didn't enjoy it. Played a bit of Zelda and it wasn't fun at all with all the switching weaponry mid action. Watched my son and wife play Odyssey and I like it but I am not going to play it as I have seen them play the whole thing thus far and they are almost to the end now.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2017, 08:50 AM   #840
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I have Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, and some Tetris game. I have played Kart but didn't enjoy it. Played a bit of Zelda and it wasn't fun at all with all the switching weaponry mid action. Watched my son and wife play Odyssey and I like it but I am not going to play it as I have seen them play the whole thing thus far and they are almost to the end now.
I've watched my wife play most of Odyssey, but I still play it and love it. It's a great game.