Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Jan 17, 2020, 11:35 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Well considering if the MAP fails they often don't just die but start spiraling out.

Considering the engine relies on the MAP for knowing air and temp of air into the cylinders.

Add in electronic throttles, depending on how it could go wrong, it could make the ride do all sorts of bad things all the way to burning holes in the pistons.

Just like if a shitty MAF starts acting shitting, it can flood or starve the engine, make it really slow to respond, etc.

The MAP is a core sensor that's tied very heavily to everything with making the engine able to run.

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2020, 06:07 PM   #32
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

She got it back Friday afternoon while I was out of town. We asked the to change them oil and rotate the tires, because it was time. They did neither of those things, and put it on the receipt as done. I checked the oil today when I got home, because they didn't reset the oil live computer. Yep, that **** looks like oil with 5k miles on it, and it's a half a quart low. Ran my fingers on the front wheels, and they were black. Back wheel, and barely any dust.

I went directly to Ford support, and they're going to have the service manager contact me. I can't stand crap like this!
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2020, 06:12 PM   #33
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Thanks for the info guys. I'm going to make sure they check the plugs on it too when I talk to the service manager.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 20, 2020, 02:38 PM   #34
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

All things considered, I'd be making them take bore shots with the camera.

Also ask for pictures of the plugs if you can't see them directly.

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2020, 04:54 PM   #35
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Keep in mind, it only takes about 30 minutes of running on a vehicle for fresh oil to look dirty. That has nothing to do with it's ability to lubricate and remove contaminants from the engine (which is why it's dark). In short, you cannot go by color alone to tell if they changed the oil or not.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2020, 06:05 PM   #36
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
Keep in mind, it only takes about 30 minutes of running on a vehicle for fresh oil to look dirty. That has nothing to do with it's ability to lubricate and remove contaminants from the engine (which is why it's dark). In short, you cannot go by color alone to tell if they changed the oil or not.
For sure, but the fact that they didn't reset the oil life and didn't rotate the tires was enough for me to call them out. We get two years of free ones, and after that I'm going to another dealer. They're shady as hell there. I gave them hell today about this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 06:19 PM   #37
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The fact it's a half qt low is unacceptable. Half a qt low would put me near the bottom of my dipstick on the Subaru..
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2020, 06:46 PM   #38
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
For sure, but the fact that they didn't reset the oil life and didn't rotate the tires was enough for me to call them out. We get two years of free ones, and after that I'm going to another dealer. They're shady as hell there. I gave them hell today about this.
If the maintenance agreement is part of the standard Ford purchased maintenance, then it doesn't matter which dealer services your Ford (i.e. if it's not a special deal you worked, you don't have to wait).

FWIW, many places forget to reset oil life system. Jaguar has forgotten twice on my car.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2020, 07:29 PM   #39
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
If the maintenance agreement is part of the standard Ford purchased maintenance, then it doesn't matter which dealer services your Ford (i.e. if it's not a special deal you worked, you don't have to wait).

FWIW, many places forget to reset oil life system. Jaguar has forgotten twice on my car.
It's a dealer perk if you buy from them. Hopefully the car is good to go now. I drove it today, and everything seemed great with it. Shifted smoothly, and the motor was purring. Never had a new car die like this, so I'm not a big Ford fan right now.