Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 13, 2019, 08:04 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Someone please tell me there's HOTAS support on this and I'll bite.

Why yes there is!

Q: Can I use my HOTAS? It's dusty and lonely.
A: You betcha

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2019, 08:55 AM   #62
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
This.

For me the BIG problem with EPIC is that they don't even have cloud saves yet. This is a major issue for me considering I play on two different computers in two different locations. Without cloud saving, it's going to make things annoying either transferring saves manually, or playing two different saves. This is 2019, this **** shouldn't be happening anymore....but it's "EPIC".
Right now any game added to Epic come with cloud saving, Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is going to have cloud saving, in fact the streamers who got the game in teh last 2 weeks have been using the cloud saving. I don't know how many games that released prior to the cloud save support shipped had cloud saved added to the games though. But new games get cloud support out of the gate.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2019, 08:56 AM   #63
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
he will crash the space van
Hey I resemble the remark.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 13, 2019, 01:26 PM   #64
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
Right now any game added to Epic come with cloud saving, Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is going to have cloud saving, in fact the streamers who got the game in teh last 2 weeks have been using the cloud saving. I don't know how many games that released prior to the cloud save support shipped had cloud saved added to the games though. But new games get cloud support out of the gate.
If true, this will go a long way for me to at least accept the e-store. I still much prefer steam, but cloud saves are HUGE for me (probably the biggest issue).

That said, I hope I can get some Outlaw time tonight.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2019, 01:47 PM   #65
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Post impressions please!

yoz
Old Aug 13, 2019, 04:31 PM   #66
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Alright here you go. I have crashed into:
2x stations
1x freigher
1x planet landing rings
2x other ships

I have died 2x by pirate attacks.

I love this game, absolutely love it, if polygamy was allowed I would marry it.
Quote:
Old Aug 13, 2019, 05:20 PM   #67
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
2x stations
1x freigher
1x planet landing rings
2x other ships

Aren't you Mormon? DO IT!
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2019, 05:31 PM   #68
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
2x stations
1x freigher
1x planet landing rings
2x other ships

OK, so you love it but break it down for me, gameplay, graphics, controls, etc.

EDIT: This right?

https://wccftech.com/review/rebel-ga...e-sky-from-me/

yoz
Old Aug 13, 2019, 06:16 PM   #69
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2019, 06:49 PM   #70
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
OK, so you love it but break it down for me, gameplay, graphics, controls, etc.

EDIT: This right?

https://wccftech.com/review/rebel-ga...e-sky-from-me/

Well, I could write up a long review, but I'm lazy today and just want to blow more stuff up.

But ACG's review, in the post above mine, as well as the 2 reviews below are spot on how I feel.

The game does support the X52 though
Quote:
Old Aug 13, 2019, 06:50 PM   #71
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Aren't you Mormon? DO IT!
Wedding invitations are being made. You want yours by private message, email, or snail mail?
Quote:
Old Aug 13, 2019, 07:18 PM   #72
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Well, I could write up a long review, but I'm lazy today and just want to blow more stuff up.

But ACG's review, in the post above mine, as well as the 2 reviews below are spot on how I feel.

The game does support the X52 though
Fair enough. You recommended this I take it.

yoz
Old Aug 13, 2019, 10:06 PM   #73
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
Fair enough. You recommended this I take it.
Oh, heck yeah I do. Absolutely loving every minute of this.
Quote:
Old Aug 13, 2019, 10:22 PM   #74
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Oh, heck yeah I do. Absolutely loving every minute of this.
Devs seem pretty adamant you shouldn't play with M+KB, even to go so far on their FAQ as saying M+KB is "fine but please god just use a gamepad". Thoughts on that?
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2019, 10:31 PM   #75
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
Devs seem pretty adamant you shouldn't play with M+KB, even to go so far on their FAQ as saying M+KB is "fine but please god just use a gamepad". Thoughts on that?
I haven't tried it with Mouse and keyboard at all, and probably never will, so I can't say how good they are. I have been using the Xbone controller for this game and it works fantastically and still a lot of fun, that rumble on the gamepad really adds to it, imo. If the gamepad controlls were not so fantastic, I would be using my HOTAS instead. I haven't tried it with my HOTAS yet, I will eventually. I know there was a Streamer that tried controller first, but switched to his HOTAS setup instead and he liked using the HOTAS better.
Quote:
Old Aug 13, 2019, 11:32 PM   #76
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

why the hell would yo use a gamepad over k and m for a flight game?
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2019, 11:38 PM   #77
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
I've tried it with mouse and keyboard and it's like trying to control a bar of soap in wet hands...It doesn't work well at all, sort of like trying to play wing commander with keyboard and mouse (barely functional). I was a bit disappointed with that as now I'm going to have to buy a decent gamepad (have one that works but the buttons feel weird so I want a better one).

This game is really designed for gamepad first, joystick second.

Old Aug 13, 2019, 11:38 PM   #78
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

What the hell is this game? Loading screen after loading screen mixed in with I have no direction on where to go or what to do. ****ing hate that god awful music as well. Jesus **** it's annoying.

It's way too boring... wash rinse repeat... Spoiled by open world games where I can do anything and go anywhere. I want to land on planets get out of the ship, walk around on my own, not click on a label and see just a non interactive screen.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."

Last edited by Evileh : Aug 14, 2019 at 12:04 AM.
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2019, 04:28 AM   #79
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
What the hell is this game? Loading screen after loading screen mixed in with I have no direction on where to go or what to do. ****ing hate that god awful music as well. Jesus **** it's annoying.

It's way too boring... wash rinse repeat... Spoiled by open world games where I can do anything and go anywhere. I want to land on planets get out of the ship, walk around on my own, not click on a label and see just a non interactive screen.
Someone obviously didn't research what they were buying. Also what you want doesn't exist yet, Star Citizen is still 50 years away from finishing, so if you live long enough maybe you can play that.

Also first game was also designed for gamepad first. I play most games except first person shooters with Gamepad so for me it's fine

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2019, 05:21 AM   #80
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post

Just play no mans sky?
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2019, 05:26 AM   #81
PingoStar
Aye

PingoStar is still being judged by the masses

What control scheme are you using? I've started a game with normal but thinking of changing to old school.
PingoStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2019, 07:42 AM   #82
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Is this game any good?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2019, 09:13 AM   #83
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Is this game any good?
Lettuce says it is.

yoz
Old Aug 14, 2019, 09:37 AM   #84
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Lettuce says it is.
he backtraced all the videos and found out it does karaoke
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:19 AM   #85
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post

Also first game was also designed for gamepad first.
Not true at all. The first rebel Galaxy played perfectly with mouse and keyboard, this one is a step back in terms of control.

I'm sure this is still a decent game though, it has a neat style but I was too tired from work to play more than an hour or so on it last night. I'll fire it up again on the weekend.

Old Aug 14, 2019, 12:16 PM   #86
alitayyab
EGS is the future

alitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Is this game any good?
if you liked Wing Commander, Privateer, Star Lancer and Free lancer you would like this. Its visual style is closer to WC from what I have seen so far. I have not really had a lot of combat so cant say much about that. It does throw you in the game without much of a tutorial explaining the various bits of the map, waypoints etc (unless i totally missed it and jumped in a mission).

Also the ship painter is great as is the music.
My game got patched today, don't know what has changed though.
Ali#1317
ali_tayyab
Game Endings
Core i7-9700K @5.0GHz + Noctua NH-D15S || Asus Z390-H || 16 GB RAM || Zotac GTX 1080Ti Amp Extreme Core Ed || Antec HCP-1000 PSU || Corsair AIR 540
Core i5-6700K || AsRock H110M-itx || 16 GB RAM || Integrated Audio/Video || Corsair CX430 || Cooler Master Elite 120
alitayyab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2019, 12:35 PM   #87
PingoStar
Aye

PingoStar is still being judged by the masses

Really loving it so far as its got a real mix of classic xwing crossed with freelancer but with updated graphics that are still true to the style. I started the game with normal control scheme but have restarted and switched to old school. Its night and day between them both and I really recommend old school.

I love the music but have muted it as I much prefer sfx only to create atmosphere.
PingoStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2019, 12:49 PM   #88
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by alitayyab View Post
It does throw you in the game without much of a tutorial explaining the various bits of the map, waypoints etc (unless i totally missed it and jumped in a mission).
Yeah, this irked me a bit. I just started, watched the intros and got the first mission and took off...then "now what?". Took me awhile to figure out how to even get started.

Old Aug 14, 2019, 02:16 PM   #89
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Someone obviously didn't research what they were buying. Also what you want doesn't exist yet, Star Citizen is still 50 years away from finishing, so if you live long enough maybe you can play that.

Also first game was also designed for gamepad first. I play most games except first person shooters with Gamepad so for me it's fine
Who said anything about buying? lol
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2019, 03:57 PM   #90
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

How does this game work with a joystick? Better than a controller?
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote