Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support » AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support Discussion and support forum for all of the All-In-Wonder Radeon cards, the TV-Wonder, Remote Wonder I and II, the new HDTV Wonder, and basically anything with VIVO support.

Old Oct 10, 2003, 12:53 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
su_A_ve
Radeon R200

su_A_ve is still being judged by the masses

Angry tv listings and Easylook

I can't get rid of this error:

"Your TV Listings are old and need to be updated for proper functioning of the EASYLOOK"

If I start EASYLOOK from the remote, I get that error. If I run Guide Plus+ and then press the remote, I also get it.

In any case, the listings are UP TO DATE !!!

I reinstalled all of ATI catalyst and MMC from scratch clearing everything possilbe.

I also deleted the PDOX file in the root of C: (No LCK files in the Guide+/ATI/db directory).

No idea what else to do. ATI mail support has only been giving me run arounds (4 emails already), the latest having me disabling everything from startup (which I did in any case).

Any ideas ??? Mr. Orr ???

TIA
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2003, 03:29 PM   #2
MMC Oracle
Radeon R200

MMC Oracle is still being judged by the masses

Default TV Listings are old message

Hi

There are a couple of other suggestions that might help with your setup.

(You do have the date on your system set for today's date right? I have forgotten to change it on test systems sometimes).

You could go into Add/Remove Programs in your Control Panel, Select GUIDEPlus+ and choose the repair option. Once complete, re-open GUIDEPlus+ and download new listings.

You could force a new download of listings by going into GUIDEPlus+ and selecting that option. You may also want to check to see if GUIDEPlus+ has updated the application through their update option (Under the File selection in the toolbar).

Make sure you have entered the appropriate information for your location in North America.

Post a reply to let us know how this works out.
MMC Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2003, 03:30 PM   #3
su_A_ve
Radeon R200

su_A_ve is still being judged by the masses

Default Re: TV Listings are old message

The thing is that Guide Plus+ works properly by itself, including downloading the listings, and even loading the TV app in the top left corner.

I forced reinstall, and forced updates, both of which worked fine.

But still the problem is that MMC itself does not load Guide Plus+ from within either EasyLook or the TV Listings buttons...

Even further, if I run Guide Plus+ by itself, and then press the TV button on the remote, I get a box that says that the TV listings are old and need to be updated.

Reinstalled from scratch, running driver cleaner but nothing...

Next step would be to try to install from scratch the original ATI CD (MMC 7.6), and then upgrde from there ?

Quote:
Originally posted by MMC Oracle
Hi

There are a couple of other suggestions that might help with your setup.

(You do have the date on your system set for today's date right? I have forgotten to change it on test systems sometimes).

You could go into Add/Remove Programs in your Control Panel, Select GUIDEPlus+ and choose the repair option. Once complete, re-open GUIDEPlus+ and download new listings.

You could force a new download of listings by going into GUIDEPlus+ and selecting that option. You may also want to check to see if GUIDEPlus+ has updated the application through their update option (Under the File selection in the toolbar).

Make sure you have entered the appropriate information for your location in North America.

Post a reply to let us know how this works out.
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad