Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support » AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support Discussion and support forum for all of the All-In-Wonder Radeon cards, the TV-Wonder, Remote Wonder I and II, the new HDTV Wonder, and basically anything with VIVO support.

Old Dec 21, 2003, 12:27 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
TKD
Radeon R200

TKD is still being judged by the masses

Default Disabling easylook

Can someone tell me how to do this?

When i first installed 8.8 i would click TV and the 'normal' TV app would appear - and now for some reason it always loads up easylook, which i really hate.
I tried disabling everything in MMCconfig but still all i get is easylook - i just want to disable the whole damn thing!
TKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2003, 07:39 AM   #2
SciDoctor
Radeon Northern Islands

SciDoctor is still being judged by the masses

Open ip Any MMC app that uses eazylook , let it load and then press escape which will bring you back to desktop mode.

As long as you stay in desktop mode and close MMC apps from desktop mode then the next time you open an MMC app it will default to desktop and not eazylook .

There is one problem for non radeon card owners though in that you can never enter eazylook to 'esc' to default desktop and thus yuou always get an eazylook error message at MMC app launches which is anoying and stops scheduling.
Old Dec 21, 2003, 10:01 AM   #3
Vanadium
Rage3D Veteran

Vanadium is still being judged by the masses

I would like to add to this and say that if you would like to get rid of the "onscreen info" just enter your TV setup
and under the "TV TUNER" tab, uncheck the box " Display On-Screen Program Infomation" (located at the bottom of that tab).

This will clear up alot of the pop ups that you'll encounter even with Easyview enabled.
Vanadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 20, 2004, 08:57 PM   #4
duhmez
Radeon R300

duhmez is still being judged by the masses

Too, I HATE easylook. Should call it "really hard difficult look"

I click esc to kill easylook, then if I move the pad on the remote wonder, easylook kicks in again. ARG. How to turn it off for good?
If I run mmc with mouse (which is across the living room by the pc) then its fine, but I TOUCH the rmeote wonder and it kicks into easylook mode.

It didn't used to do this with older mmc software....
Old Feb 25, 2004, 12:25 PM   #5
MMC Oracle
Radeon R200

MMC Oracle is still being judged by the masses

Default EAZYLOOK Configuration tab

It's really quite easy to disable EAZYLOOK.

From the Launchpad Configuration option (it is one of the small black outline buttons), you can configure any of the global MMC settings. In the pop-up window, there should be an EAZYLOOK tab. Just unselect any of the options to enable EAZYLOOK, apply the changes and restart MMC.
MMC Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2004, 12:50 PM   #6
adachan
Radeon R100

adachan is still being judged by the masses

Default you missed the point

What you are saying is very true if you have a radeon card in your system. However, for those that have a nvidia card with a TV Wonder this is not the case. There is a check for current radeon drivers. And since there is no radeon driver present it comes up with an error message saying there are no radeon drivers present,easylook will not function correctly. This is the message that is annoying. In fact, it was so annoying, it drove me to buy a new Radeon 9800 AIW Pro. For those in Canada, check compusource. The are on sale for 349 CAD!!!!!! Cheaper than in USA! I was impressed as the normal price is 799 CAD.
Asus A8N-SLI Premium
EVGA 8800 GT 640MB
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro
Hauppague WinTv 150/USB2.0
Motorolla DCT 6200 via 1394
Windows MCE 2005
10TB in various HDDs and RAID configurations

Last edited by adachan : Feb 25, 2004 at 12:56 PM.
adachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2004, 12:28 AM   #7
sillkk39

sillkk39 is still being judged by the masses

I was in the same boat as some of you trying to figure out how to disable eazylook. I didn't want to use the latest drivers for my AIW VE, so that stupid pop-up message always showed up when I went to start mmc. What was worse is if I had a scheduled tv record, nothing would happen because that popup would prevent tv from initializing and thus nothing would get recorded. Anyway, here's how I disabled eazylook: I went under windows registry and searched for "eazylook." I then found 3 instances of eazylook:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{38012B38-9F08-4636-AE1D-4302A40A1019}

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{4ADABE32-1DE0-4b73-B658-E91754942D01}

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9825073A-6629-4904-8519-883B23867D92}

the first one contained eazylook "red"
the second one contained eazylook "blue"
and the third one contained eazylook "green"

After deleting these three registry instances my eazylook pop error went away. This way might work for those of you who can't get it disabled through the launchpad

Last edited by SciDoctor : Apr 21, 2004 at 02:51 AM.
sillkk39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2004, 03:03 AM   #8
SciDoctor
Radeon Northern Islands

SciDoctor is still being judged by the masses

Removing the above reg entries works with ATI and NON ATI cards .

Worked on various non radeon ATI cards and various non ati cards including OB video S3 and Intel in SFF shuttle machines with TV wonders.

These REG entries can be left behind even when you uninstal the MMC so will cause the same problem when you instal a new MMC .