Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Nov 27, 2020, 03:40 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
honestly anyone that thought amd would have good stock with the new iphone, new consoles, and covid deserves to be disappointed
Read my earlier post Higgy. My wife ordered the 12 Pro Max on 6th November with ETA 30th November. Got an email on 22nd saying arriving tomorrow and at 10.am on 23rd there it was. Pandemic, shipping, demand, whatever excuses people on this thread are coming out with, Apple found a way to deliver. Much as I'm not an Apple fan, that impressed the hell out me TBH.

I 100% agree with Nascar this thread has nothing to do with Nvidia. It's about how AMD promoted two new launches, reference and AIB when they knew there was virtually no stock. Admit the problem, delay the launches and everyone can move on. Lie about it (Frank Azor bet) launch anyway with no stock and then still say nothing WTF. This is about what they've done in the last week not about what stock they'll have in a few months. It's not difficult people just need to get it and call AMD out for it.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2020, 03:44 PM   #152
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalfthewhite View Post
Based on what has been happening with CPUs it is obvious that there is a shipping issue more than a manufacturing issue as sites have been taking preorders based on expected arrival dates of parts. its not that they are waiting to be produced it is waiting for the actual shipment to be received. Welcome to logistics management in a pandemic.
Thanks 2020!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2020, 03:54 PM   #153
bill dennison
Banned

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 27, 2020, 04:02 PM   #154
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2020, 04:16 PM   #155
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
No articles came out calling Nvidia's a paper launch that I saw, but a few about it NOT being a paper launch (I may have missed them, but I tend to spend my nights at work looking for the end of the internet because of teh slow boring job I am doing right now due to the cut backs). A lot of people and hardware sites, gave Nvidia every excuse known to man, and blamed it on bots/scalpers/demand. It just seems, all though there are different metrics at play now than there was 2 months ago, that AMD is getting judged by a much stricter set of rules, they also have more than double the demand that normal because of the pissed off people who couldn't get a 3080/3090. That's all. I suspect shipping is a huge factor. Costco has had a warning on their web site for over a month now about shipping delays. So it shows that shipping issues is far reaching.
Bots and scalpers didn't buy any 6800 cards because there none to buy, certifiably correct in UK, Canada, Australia, Western and Eastern Europe. Seems Micro Center in USA had none but can't say about rest of USA. That's nothing to do with demand that's a SUPPLY issue.

This from Scan UK.."25/11/20 - So far we have no new information on shipments arriving for the 6800 or 6800XT models. For the custom cooler cards launching at 2pm we have received no stock so we will not be offering any of these for sale or pre-order today. For now we have removed them from the website until we have more information. We are sorry for the inconvenience to those who would like to pre-order. As soon as we get confirmed shipping and stock on shelf information we will share it on this page and list the available models on the website." No other UK retailer had stock. Can we put the demand issue to bed please.

From the Scan site regarding 3080 delivery.."This afternoon we have received shipments from ZOTAC for RTX 3070, 3080 and 3090. RTX 3070 stock is shipping out to pre-order customers. RTX 3080 stock is of the ZOTAC AMP HOLO which was not available for pre-order so we will be offering these to the ZOTAC Trinity queue via email. RTX 3090 is in stock on the website to buy. We are still expecting more shipments to arrive this week and will update pre-order customers receiving the stock via a dispatch email when they arrive." This is echoed on all the main AMD reseller sites in the UK.

From Gibbo at Overclockers.."Large Asus delivery incoming: 3070 Dual NONE OC - Large amount, 3070 TUF OC - Very large amount, 3070 Strix OC - OK amount, 3080 TUF NONE OC - OK amount 3080 TUF OC - Large amount, 3090 TUF OC - Small amount

I'm only posting the Nvidia information to emphasis they are shipping stock so is your argument that all the containers and ships stuck in ports are crammed full of the Unicorn 6800's? Just asking. Can we put this shipping issue to bed please.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
Old Nov 27, 2020, 04:19 PM   #156
bill dennison
Banned

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Shite.....

they are dealing with covid 19 and covid 19 hoarding and christmas the busiest shipping time of the year and most likely King Gavin Newsom

PC parts will be riding the waves fore a long time i think
Old Nov 27, 2020, 05:37 PM   #157
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

they are dealing with covid 19 and covid 19 hoarding and christmas the busiest shipping time of the year and most likely King Gavin Newsom

PC parts will be riding the waves fore a long time i think
Rod Stewart didn't get his 6800 either so he rehased his hit track Sailing to compensate. Here's the words,

"I'm not sailing, I'm not sailing, with your AMD 6800, 'Cross the sea, stormy waters, packed docks, can't get in."

"I should be flying, like a bird, 'Cross the sky, Passing high clouds, To be near you, to deliver your 6800, but AMD's too cheap."

Sorry couldn't resist. Pommy humour.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 07:16 PM   #158
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

No black Friday drops today. Between that and my gigabyte order on amazon going to hell, much disappoint.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2020, 10:44 PM   #159
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Bots and scalpers didn't buy any 6800 cards because there none to buy, certifiably correct in UK, Canada, Australia, Western and Eastern Europe. Seems Micro Center in USA had none but can't say about rest of USA. That's nothing to do with demand that's a SUPPLY issue.

This from Scan UK.."25/11/20 - So far we have no new information on shipments arriving for the 6800 or 6800XT models. For the custom cooler cards launching at 2pm we have received no stock so we will not be offering any of these for sale or pre-order today. For now we have removed them from the website until we have more information. We are sorry for the inconvenience to those who would like to pre-order. As soon as we get confirmed shipping and stock on shelf information we will share it on this page and list the available models on the website." No other UK retailer had stock. Can we put the demand issue to bed please.

From the Scan site regarding 3080 delivery.."This afternoon we have received shipments from ZOTAC for RTX 3070, 3080 and 3090. RTX 3070 stock is shipping out to pre-order customers. RTX 3080 stock is of the ZOTAC AMP HOLO which was not available for pre-order so we will be offering these to the ZOTAC Trinity queue via email. RTX 3090 is in stock on the website to buy. We are still expecting more shipments to arrive this week and will update pre-order customers receiving the stock via a dispatch email when they arrive." This is echoed on all the main AMD reseller sites in the UK.

From Gibbo at Overclockers.."Large Asus delivery incoming: 3070 Dual NONE OC - Large amount, 3070 TUF OC - Very large amount, 3070 Strix OC - OK amount, 3080 TUF NONE OC - OK amount 3080 TUF OC - Large amount, 3090 TUF OC - Small amount

I'm only posting the Nvidia information to emphasis they are shipping stock so is your argument that all the containers and ships stuck in ports are crammed full of the Unicorn 6800's? Just asking. Can we put this shipping issue to bed please.
Bots and scalpers didn't buy the AMD 6800's?? go look at ebay, it says otherwise as most state they have the card in hand.

When where all those RTX cards shipped out from Nvidia.. yesterday.. last week.. last month? (3070 release date was October 29)... Do you know.. I don't. All I know is AMD's release date was 9 days ago, not 2.5 months ago, not 1 month ago.. 9 days. All that tracking for Nvidia cards could very well be from cards that have been in transit for a week, two weeks, a month. The expected shipments are just that. Expected, who knows if they will arrive on time, or even close?

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2020, 10:52 PM   #160
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Also this:

https://twitter.com/nerdtechgasm/sta...15920144146432

Quote:
News from TW on TSMC 7N wafer customers. In Q4, AMD is set to use ~120K wafers for console SOCs, ~80K for PS5 + ~40K for SSX! This is ~80% of 7N wafers allocated to AMD in Q4. This console ramp is the main reason for lack of Zen 3 & Big Navi.
https://ctee.com.tw/news/tech/375133.html

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.2.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.2.2. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2020, 12:31 AM   #161
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Hey guys, it’s been 2 weeks or something, how many of you were able to score a 6800 series card?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2020, 12:47 AM   #162
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

10 days and still day one orders for 3080 arent fullfilled so Im not holding my breath.

https://twitter.com/3DCenter_org/sta...36856798367747

Quote:
Launch dates:
Sep 17 — 3080 (72d ago)
Sep 24 — 3090 (65d ago)
Oct 29 — 3070 (30d ago)
Nov 5 — Zen3 (23d ago)
Nov 18 — 6800/XT (10d ago)

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.2.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.2.2. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Nov 28, 2020, 04:40 AM   #163
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

CyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Hey guys, it’s been 2 weeks or something, how many of you were able to score a 6800 series card?

I was able to pick up a reg 6800 from amd website, wasn't able to get a 6800xt, some guy on discord said he got one but wasn't sure if he wanted it after the review came out, I was going to buy it off him but he never got back to me, I'm assuming he kept it. I guess I'll try for 6900xt or something.

Microcenter around here has been getting stock for 6800 periodically but its pretty low like 10 or so cards once or twice a week, the way 3080 stock use to be.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 06:50 AM   #164
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanBlues View Post
I was able to pick up a reg 6800 from amd website, wasn't able to get a 6800xt, some guy on discord said he got one but wasn't sure if he wanted it after the review came out, I was going to buy it off him but he never got back to me, I'm assuming he kept it. I guess I'll try for 6900xt or something.

Microcenter around here has been getting stock for 6800 periodically but its pretty low like 10 or so cards once or twice a week, the way 3080 stock use to be.
Time to update your specs.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2020, 07:39 AM   #165
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Old Nov 28, 2020, 09:11 AM   #166
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Sapphire posted this yesterday on their Twitter site. I thought the 5700XT was EOL and discontinued? They've got to sell something I suppose and it appears they don't have any 6800's. Needs must when you're an AMD exclusive AIB.

"Only ONE WEEK remaining for the AMD Raise The Game Bundle promotion to receive Godfall and World of Warcraft Shadowlands with the purchase of a SAPPHIRE PULSE RX 5700 XT at participating retailers!"

That's the card I've got and I have to say it's a great card. If anyone desperately needs a card I can highly recommend it.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 09:21 AM   #167
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I've been watching my Microcenter stock levels and they're going from 10+ 5700XTs to 5 to 0 and back to 10+. Even the $599 liquid cooled Powercolor card keeps getting restocked and sold.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2020, 04:05 PM   #168
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

OK Pax, Gandalf, NWR and Bill can we please put the issue of lack of 6800's to bed? That twitter link from PAX clearly shows that 80% of wafers are going to consoles which is not leaving an awful lot for ADM's 5xxxCPU and 6XXX GPU's.
It's clearly a supply issue on AMD's end and there aren't some mysterious shipments stuck somewhere overloaded with AMD stock. My earlier post regarding Sapphire selling 5700XT cards speaks volumes for their lack of 6800 stock.

Now we know it's a supply issue can someone enlighten me how many CPU/GPU's AMD can make from 30,000 wafers? As Zen 3 was out first and retailers are holding onto pre-orders it would make sense they make more of these in Q4 which leaves even less for 6800's. Are we looking at maybe March to June for a dribble of 6800 availability worldwide?
Old Nov 28, 2020, 04:32 PM   #169
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

SuperGeil is still being judged by the masses

Folding@home

Quote:
My earlier post regarding Sapphire selling 5700XT cards speaks volumes for their lack of 6800 stock.
I'm pretty sure the 6700 would make the 5700 eol. Otherwise, does not make sense why they would stop making it. Powercolor still makes the RX 550, which is what I am considering getting.

I think AMD underestimated the demand for their graphics cards on top of other market forces out of their control. There seems to be a ton of people dead set on building all AMD machines this time around. They are a hit with overclockers and are more power efficient. The success of their CPUs and the popularity of the consoles seems to also be creating a powerful halo effect for their discrete cards. It also does not help that several million plus subscriber channels on youtube absolutely praised the card even if not declared the winner, the perception is that it is a green killer.

Lisa Suh is manhandling two giants. Hut ab.
SuperGeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2020, 05:11 PM   #170
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGeil View Post
I'm pretty sure the 6700 would make the 5700 eol. Otherwise, does not make sense why they would stop making it. Powercolor still makes the RX 550, which is what I am considering getting.

I think AMD underestimated the demand for their graphics cards on top of other market forces out of their control. There seems to be a ton of people dead set on building all AMD machines this time around. They are a hit with overclockers and are more power efficient. The success of their CPUs and the popularity of the consoles seems to also be creating a powerful halo effect for their discrete cards. It also does not help that several million plus subscriber channels on youtube absolutely praised the card even if not declared the winner, the perception is that it is a green killer.

Lisa Suh is manhandling two giants. Hut ab.
The 5xx are still in production as they won't be replaced until probably late 2021 as they are low end. It seems the 5700XT is still in production until Q1 2021 but it's the 5700 that's EOL. The 6800 should be the replacement of the 5700XT as and when they can supply them.

Look the 6800 is NOT a DEMAND problem it's a SUPPLY problem. AMD have not actually made enough to justify a meaningful launch amount because, for obvious reasons, they had to prioritise consoles. This is a disaster of AMD's own making and it spreads equally to its 5xxx CPU's as these are also MIA. It could have all been avoided but it is what it is and we are where we are.

Jim Ryan (CEO of PS5) said yesterday they will have stock in stores for December and Phil Spencer has hinted the same which echos Pax's twitter link stating 80% of Q4 wafer production is going to consoles. All AMD seem to be doing at the moment is pushing Zen 2 3xxx CPU's because they're in stock rather than Zen 3 5xxx and 6800's which are no where to be seen.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 06:18 PM   #171
bill dennison
Banned

Quote:
OK Pax, Gandalf, NWR and Bill can we please put the issue of lack of 6800's to bed? That twitter link from PAX clearly shows that 80% of wafers are going to consoles which is not leaving an awful lot for ADM's 5xxxCPU and 6XXX GPU's.
It's clearly a supply issue on AMD's end and there aren't some mysterious shipments stuck somewhere overloaded with AMD stock. My earlier post regarding Sapphire selling 5700XT cards speaks volumes for their lack of 6800 stock.

Now we know it's a supply issue can someone enlighten me how many CPU/GPU's AMD can make from 30,000 wafers? As Zen 3 was out first and retailers are holding onto pre-orders it would make sense they make more of these in Q4 which leaves even less for 6800's. Are we looking at maybe March to June for a dribble of 6800 availability worldwide?

Quote:
In numbers, AMD would consume 21% share of TSMC’s 7nm wafer capacity with 30,000 WPM. HiSilicon and Qualcomm would be responsible for 17-18% share and MediaTek for 14%. This would leave 29% of TSMC’s 7nm capacity to the rest of its customers.
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/am...in-2020-report

and that was before they bought up what NV left on the table playing games with Samsung

so 20% of 30000+ wafers per month
is 6000+ wafers per month just for CPU's chiplets & GPU's is still a lot
they get a lot of chiplets per wafer i don't know the GPU's they get per wafer but it is more than NV is getting from samsung as NV chip is bigger and has bad yields
Old Nov 28, 2020, 07:32 PM   #172
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/am...in-2020-report

and that was before they bought up what NV left on the table playing games with Samsung

so 20% of 30000+ wafers per month
is 6000+ wafers per month just for CPU's chiplets & GPU's is still a lot
they get a lot of chiplets per wafer i don't know the GPU's they get per wafer but it is more than NV is getting from samsung as NV chip is bigger and has bad yields
tomshardware quote is like 10 months old it's ancient. Pax's twitter quote says Q4 80K Sony, 40K MS and AMD 30K. So can someone please tell tell me what AMD can produce with that to stock Zen 3 and 6800? NWR? Anyone?
Bill no one cares what Nvidia get from Samsung this is an AMD thread.

Try and admit there are no AMD 5xxx and 6800's available right now because their is no stock. It's not hard. AMD botched the launches plain and simple.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 08:27 PM   #173
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

There seems to be some 5x00 series CPU stock trickling in. 6800 series stock though, otoh, is pretty barren. Has it even been two weeks since the "launch" though? 3080 wasn't in any better shape two weeks out, and while it's sort of trickling in now you still need to be camping discord or running a bot to pick one of those up.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2020, 10:05 PM   #174
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

SuperGeil is still being judged by the masses

Folding@home

Quote:
The 5xx are still in production as they won't be replaced until probably late 2021 as they are low end. It seems the 5700XT is still in production until Q1 2021 but it's the 5700 that's EOL. The 6800 should be the replacement of the 5700XT as and when they can supply them.
why would a $580 card replace a $350 dollar card? Seems really premature to cancel a SKU when you don't have the proper 6700XT to replace it yet. I also think you are being very obtuse with everything else you are saying. We know there is a supply problem, but there is obviously a demand problem too. Take a look at yourself for instance...
SuperGeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2020, 10:31 PM   #175
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
tomshardware quote is like 10 months old it's ancient. Pax's twitter quote says Q4 80K Sony, 40K MS and AMD 30K. So can someone please tell tell me what AMD can produce with that to stock Zen 3 and 6800? NWR? Anyone?

Try and admit there are no AMD 5xxx and 6800's available right now because their is no stock. It's not hard. AMD botched the launches plain and simple.

Well theres a 300 mm wafer counter out there lest see what we can find...

https://caly-technologies.com/die-yield-calculator/

At 29mm x 18 mm according to GN its about 96 dies per standard 300 mm wafer or 2.8 million dies on 30 000 wafers. But lets say its just 10 000 wafers with 20k being ryzen 3000. Its about a million dies.

One thing tho we might only be seeing production from the 3rd quarter and the 4rth is the ramp...

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Nov 28, 2020, 10:56 PM   #176
bill dennison
Banned

Quote:

how about 9 hours
Quote:
AMD reserved round 120,000 wafers @7nm manufacturing process for next-generation consoles from TSMC. Most interesting of all, two-thirds of these wafers went to the manufacture of silicon for Sony’s console, the PlayStation 5 while rest of the remaining wafers were used to give life to the Xbox Series X | S.

Quote:
Turning the data around, this means that 80% of the wafers provided by TSMC to AMD went to consoles, while with the remaining 20% ​​- around 30,000 wafers, the company has not been able to meet the demand for Ryzen 5000, the Radeon RX 6000 GPUs, and even the AMD Ryzen 3000 prices are skyrocketing due to stock availability issues. In short, AMD has given high priority to consoles, affecting rest of the market.
30,000 wafers is a lot of chiplets and GPU's they must be stuck somewhere as we have not seen that many
maybe in shipping somewhere

Quote:
Thanks to the consoles, TSMC is expected to generate record revenues during Q4 2020, as it is expected to close the year by shipping 150,000 wafers @ 5nm to Apple, and after Huawei veto, now we know that Apple absorbed all the production capacity that had been initially made available to the Chinese company.

Of these wafers, Apple sourced about 18,000 Apple M1 processors for the company’s laptops, while Nvidia’s Tegra X1 SoC continues to inflate the foundry’s profits, as the Nintendo Switch has seen increased demand during the pandemic.
apple is the biggest blame and eating up most of the FAB time

https://tech4gamers.com/80-of-the-wa...e-of-consoles/

it maybe 4 years before it gets better

Quote:
TSMC To Build 5nm Fab In Arizona, Set To Come Online In 2024
https://www.anandtech.com/show/15803...izona-for-2024

Quote:
5nm in the USA: TSMC's Board Approves $3.5 Billion Fab in Arizona
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/ts...fab-investment

Last edited by bill dennison : Nov 28, 2020 at 11:07 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 11:03 PM   #177
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Sapphire posted this yesterday on their Twitter site. I thought the 5700XT was EOL and discontinued? They've got to sell something I suppose and it appears they don't have any 6800's. Needs must when you're an AMD exclusive AIB.

"Only ONE WEEK remaining for the AMD Raise The Game Bundle promotion to receive Godfall and World of Warcraft Shadowlands with the purchase of a SAPPHIRE PULSE RX 5700 XT at participating retailers!"

That's the card I've got and I have to say it's a great card. If anyone desperately needs a card I can highly recommend it.
LOL! you are reaching.. 1 singe TSMC 7nm wafer cost $9346, or if sold per chip $233. Considering AMD most likely buys per wafer or has contracted a large discount per chip, we can estimate that they get roughly 50 Chips per wafer, as it comes out to 40 chips if you just divide the $233 into the $9346. So I am sure 50 is a safe if not LOW ball number, as I suspect they get more than that out of each wafer. But using the 50 per wafer, that is 1.5 MILLION chips just for quarter 4. So no, the shipping argument is still alive an well, as it's not due to only having 30k wafers or 1.5 Million chips in quarter 4 based off a low estimate. What it does indicate that this is not a production or supply problem.

https://www.techspot.com/news/86813-...sts-17000.html

All that is based off $. I will see if I can find how many actual CPU/GPU come from a wafer.

~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Nov 28, 2020 at 11:20 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 11:21 PM   #178
pax
Rage3D Spammer

No its higher than 50 on a standard 300 mm wafer look at my link to go and try a count. 50 would mean an mediocre ~50% yeild rate which is super poor. It depends on the yeild tho. But TSMC Im sure their yeilds on 7nm are solid now.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Nov 28, 2020, 11:26 PM   #179
bill dennison
Banned

it's about 800 zen 2 good chiplets don't know about zen 3 yet

Quote:
AMD Takes 93.5% Successful Fab Yield Of 8 Core Chiplets On TSMC Defect Rate According To Leaks

https://ownsnap.com/amd-takes-93-5-s...%20user%20tty5.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 11:33 PM   #180
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
it's about 800 zen 2 good chiplets don't know about zen 3 yet

https://ownsnap.com/amd-takes-93-5-s...%20user%20tty5.
Lets just use 400 which is less than 50% yield.. that is 12 MILLION chips just in quarter 4. That is 12 Million 8 core CPU's, or GPU's... hmmm.. Yep, I don't think it's a chip supply issue. If they are getting 800 chips per wafer.. that's 24 Million for quarter 4.

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Nov 28, 2020 at 11:43 PM.