Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Nov 26, 2020, 07:08 PM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Banned

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
OK by the time you can buy a 6800 the 3070ti will be out and it will trounce the 6800. Currently AMD have no 6800 cards in the retail channel. They are officially non existent. When will they appear? Who knows. Maybe never if M$ and Sony have a say. Lisa Su said the 6800 would be out before the consoles so where are they? Missing in action maybe?
yes NV is doing so well on the 3000's that new in the box 2080 ti Strix cards are now selling on ebay for 600 to 1000+ over MSRP

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...Condition=1000

another month or two of NV doing this well and i will be able to sell my used 2080 ti strix and 1080 ti strix for more than i paid for them new
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2020, 09:28 PM   #182
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

[quote=LordHawkwind;1338247729]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGELG View Post

NigelG I called you out because you said I was anti AMD. I proved my credentials that I' m not anti AMD by posting my last GPU purchases and CPU. I even bought the Radeon VII briefly. I expected you to do the same but you didn't.

So you're calling me anti AMD. Really. So you own an AMD 580 and an Intel CPU OK. So I'm anti AMD and you're what? An MD fanboi? AMD is not your mother/father/brother/sister it's a corporate entity that has no persona that doesn't know who you are and doesn't like or dislike you. Get over it it's the same as Nvidia it's a company owned by shareholders who want to make profits so they can pay dividends. It's not a divine body

Take off the tinted glasses and see the world as it really is.
I said 'people like you'. You are a whiner and a complainer and you lack patience. You are a downer and a severe sapper of forum energy.

Please get a card soon.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 09:37 PM   #183
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Pax you can't buy these cards they're vapour ware Plus AMD are screwing the AIB's on chip prices so the card prices are insane. More expensive than a 3080 for less performance overall and pretty shite RT performance. AMD are heading for a big fall here TBH. The card is not worth the money they will go for at retail. The jacket is pi**ing his pants laughing at this debacle. Amazing how AMD have got so many things wrong TBH. After Nvidia's launch issues they had a massive advantage and fuc8ed it up. Sad.
Is AMD screwing them? Or is it possible with all the effects of the pandemic, and other factors, that it actually cost more to produce the 6000 series chips. Remember, Nvidia chose samsung because they did not want to pay tmsc's prices. It's possible that AMD is selling their reference cards at cost, or barely above making little profit themselves.

Now, they could be "screwing them" but right now itis just an assumption, or speculation without anything backing it, as people (hardware unboxed) has no idea what AMD's margins are, and neither do we.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 27, 2020, 01:12 AM   #184
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Patience folks. Good things come to those who wait.

If you got a card that can do 1440p at somewhat reduced settings.. live with it till they get some stock built up.

I waited and it got me a $525 BNIB Vega 64 Liquid at a Best Buy closing special during the mining boom. Still running it to this day and it serves my needs 100%.

And to the owner of the VII.. Tempting. I don't need it, as all it'd be doing is [email protected] most likely.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 01:56 AM   #185
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyordie View Post

If you got a card that can do 1440p at somewhat reduced settings.. live with it till they get some stock built up.

I’m sorry, but you should be banned......for two weeks!
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2020, 02:01 AM   #186
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

This is funny .... the prices for Radeon VII..Why they are inflated ?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...n+vii&_sacat=0
Old Nov 27, 2020, 03:01 AM   #187
Falck
Radeon R520

Falck is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post

Because they be limited. Maybe I should hold on to mine and see where this goes
Falck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2020, 03:05 AM   #188
Falck
Radeon R520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalfthewhite View Post
that is ALOT of die space that would be taken up. I think what is more likely is them actually using a combination of infinity cache and HBM2 (prices are way lower now than 2 years ago and will be even lower next year)
Would they need Infinity Cache if they went HBM2(3?).

I see that MI100 uses HBM2 (32GB) @ 1.2GHz. With that clock they have app. 1228.8GB/s.

Infinity cache, as presented in RDNA2 is 2.17x "faster" than GDDR6 256b which gives it a bandwith of 1111.04GB/s.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 08:30 AM   #189
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post

If I recall correctly, Radeon VII actually is quite powerful for some productivity tasks, which is why it fetches a high price even though its gaming performance is only second tier. If you're someone who can use the card for work, then it also doubles as more or less 1080 Ti performance in gaming.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2020, 03:24 PM   #190
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falck View Post
Would they need Infinity Cache if they went HBM2(3?).

I see that MI100 uses HBM2 (32GB) @ 1.2GHz. With that clock they have app. 1228.8GB/s.

Infinity cache, as presented in RDNA2 is 2.17x "faster" than GDDR6 256b which gives it a bandwith of 1111.04GB/s.

depends. I would argue a large cache is always useful to some degree especially if an architecture is designed around its use.

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2020, 05:12 PM   #191
@md_Guy
<strike>out</strike>

@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
If I recall correctly, Radeon VII actually is quite powerful for some productivity tasks, which is why it fetches a high price even though its gaming performance is only second tier. If you're someone who can use the card for work, then it also doubles as more or less 1080 Ti performance in gaming.
IIRC, The (Vega 20) VII's aren't neutered when comes to fp64, ie half speed, and rather profitable when comes to mining hash rate.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 06:38 PM   #192
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

This is the most ridiculous dick swinging contest in a GPU thread I've ever seen, but par the course for r3d I guess.. jeez
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2020, 07:01 PM   #193
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Little bit of thread clean up to keep things on-topic. Hilarious read, but where getting a little tooooo derailed. No warnings being issued, no foul play, all in good fun. Just trying to keep the thread on-topic

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2020, 10:27 AM   #194
bobvodka
Sleeping.

bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalfthewhite View Post
depends. I would argue a large cache is always useful to some degree especially if an architecture is designed around its use.
Yep, anything where groups of threads are going to be hitting the same data/same data locality is going to benefit from a bigger cache, and that covers a lot of GPU work.

Ray Tracing is the only potential wrinkle in that plan, as while the first rays are nice and coherent, secondary rays can shoot off in all kinds of direction. Cache would help with keeping the data structure around and close to the cores, but might not help as much with sampling things (unless you can bundle the rays together somehow).
bobvodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2020, 11:02 AM   #195
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

SuperGeil is still being judged by the masses

Folding@home

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobvodka View Post
Yep, anything where groups of threads are going to be hitting the same data/same data locality is going to benefit from a bigger cache, and that covers a lot of GPU work.
Spot on. I don't think infinity cache is going anywhere anytime soon. Majority of the performance improvement and power efficiency seems to be attributed to the infinity cache. I'm starting to think the 6900XT has 256mb of Infinity because it has an even higher performance per watt advantage.
SuperGeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2020, 12:25 PM   #196
bobvodka
Sleeping.

bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGeil View Post
I'm starting to think the 6900XT has 256mb of Infinity because it has an even higher performance per watt advantage.
AMD's site is listing the 6900XT as having 128Meg, I suspect this is because the 6900XT is the same die as the 6800(XT) but with higher binning/no CU issues so everything is active.

However, I wouldn't be surprised to see RDNA3 chips with 256meg (or maybe more; they might ratio it somehow with memory bandwidth or some CU requirement) when they appear.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 01:21 PM   #197
Falck
Radeon R520

Quote:
AMD's site is listing the 6900XT as having 128Meg, I suspect this is because the 6900XT is the same die as the 6800(XT) but with higher binning/no CU issues so everything is active.

However, I wouldn't be surprised to see RDNA3 chips with 256meg (or maybe more; they might ratio it somehow with memory bandwidth or some CU requirement) when they appear.
So that could imply the possibility of flashing 6800 xt -> 6900 xt? Just as some speculates going from 6800 -> 6800 xt.

Unless everything is "lasercut".
Old Nov 28, 2020, 01:24 PM   #198
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

Folding@home

Quote:

Well damn, es lag direkt vorm Gesicht.

I think they will ratio RDNA3's Infinity pool with the number chiplets.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 04:42 AM   #199
bobvodka
Sleeping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falck View Post
So that could imply the possibility of flashing 6800 xt -> 6900 xt? Just as some speculates going from 6800 -> 6800 xt.

Unless everything is "lasercut".
I wouldn't count on it - the specs, CU counts and related hardware aside, looks identical between the two boards/chips, so unless they are getting far more yield of fully working chips than they expected and they aren't expecting much demand for the 6900xt, I would be surprised if the 6800xt could be made to enable those extra 8 CU/4 WGP on the chip.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 09:01 AM   #200
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Did anyone break 3 Gs on this thing?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2020, 10:10 AM   #201
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

There might be a clock limit of 2.8ghz right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZhpUTmAppY

Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2020, 12:51 PM   #202
bill dennison
Banned

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
There might be a clock limit of 2.8ghz right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZhpUTmAppY

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost...&postcount=187
Old Nov 29, 2020, 06:46 PM   #203
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Apparently the 6900XT has a GPU clock of 3GHz. That's impressive if true.

https://twitter.com/patrickschur_/st...767028226?s=20
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2020, 07:07 PM   #204
bill dennison
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post

next time their going to try to get both the CPU's and GPU's at 5+ GHz

i didn't think it would be AMD that would be the first to break 3 GHz on a GPU first

and i think it is max GPU clock in bios is 3 GHz not that all will hit that but some may on water
Old Nov 29, 2020, 07:45 PM   #205
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post

Thats the bios upper limit. Its 2.8 ghz on the 6800xt.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.2.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.2.2. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2020, 11:15 PM   #206
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Wow man I thought the powercolor would be the top card but XFX has a really good cooler as well. Its not just the OC its the temps:

2.7 ghz with 70c hot spot temps? Damn... And it maintains those clocks. I think we know where this is going with the 6900xt. I really hope the Dec big driver release gives a good perf boost for 4k along with something extra for RT. And maybe jump the gddr6 from 16 to 18 gbps at least on the aibs I hope.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.2.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.2.2. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Nov 30, 2020, 12:55 AM   #207
bill dennison
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Wow man I thought the powercolor would be the top card but XFX has a really good cooler as well. Its not just the OC its the temps:

2.7 ghz with 70c hot spot temps? Damn... And it maintains those clocks. I think we know where this is going with the 6900xt. I really hope the Dec big driver release gives a good perf boost for 4k along with something extra for RT. And maybe jump the gddr6 from 16 to 18 gbps at least on the aibs I hope.
and a full water 6900 xt card hitting 3000 ghz

9 days of leaks maybe
Old Nov 30, 2020, 02:03 AM   #208
pax
Rage3D Spammer

We knew TSMC silicon was tops but this is insane. Its on the *same* 7nm node as the 5700xt BUT! Its a chip 3x the size with an extra full fat GHZ while running COOLER.

The mind boggles.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Nov 30, 2020, 09:31 AM   #209
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

Folding@home

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
We knew TSMC silicon was tops but this is insane. Its on the *same* 7nm node as the 5700xt BUT! Its a chip 3x the size with an extra full fat GHZ while running COOLER.

The mind boggles.
You can say it's 7nm+
Old Nov 30, 2020, 10:51 AM   #210
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Looks like 6700xt will have same high clocks:

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-rade...bioses-spotted

Quote:
In a most recent article from Igor Wallossek we learn about the Radeon RX 6700 XT designs from AMD board partners. The detailed information on power and frequency limits has now been confirmed. While Igor does not name the manufacturers whose BIOSes are being shown, there is no doubt that this is real. Igor had previously posted very similar information in regard to the RX 6800 series, which later turned out to be true.

The BIOS information reveals that the maximum GPU frequency that can be set through Radeon Software is 2950 MHz. Yesterday we reported that Radeon RX 6900XT has a maximum GPU clock of 3000 MHz, which is higher than RX 6800 XT’s 2800 MHz. That said, the RX 6700XT maximum GFX clock would sit in between Navi 21 XT and Navi 21 XTX. This particular RX 6700 XT board partner card has a maximum GFX clock of 2854 MHz, which is indeed higher than most Navi 21 designs:

www.realitysandwich.com