Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Nov 19, 2020, 02:57 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Higgy10

Higgy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default Official Navi2x/6x00 series thread

Specs and numbers and benches pls and thanks

Lets try and keep this civil pls
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2020, 04:07 PM   #2
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

SuperGeil is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
Specs and numbers and benches pls and thanks

Lets try and keep this civil pls
I suspect with time, because of AMD's iron grip on the console market, we will see more and more Fidelity FX titles on PC. A new golden age for Radeon for sure.
SuperGeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2020, 04:18 PM   #3
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

OK Bill you called me out on AMD drivers at launch and in general. Here are a few of the known issues with the latest (6800) driver.

1. Metro Exodus™, Shadow of the Tomb Raider™, Battlefield™ V, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War may experience intermittent application crashes with DirectX® Raytracing enabled.

Oops that a big bug for 6800 cards. So RT basically not usable yet in the only games that support 6800. Ergo it's broke and doesn't work properly now there's a shock

2 Anisotropic Filtering in Radeon Software graphics settings is not taking effect in DirexctX®9 applications on RDNA graphics products.

Someone mentioned this in a previous post and it's still not fixed. Not a big one but maybe worth mentioning that they've not bothered fixing it.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 19, 2020, 04:25 PM   #4
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

OK Higgy about two people managed to buy one on launch day. I think this should still be the unofficial page as it was a massive paper launch. I noticed you didn't call it the owners thread

I'll try and buy an AIB 6800XT next Wednesday but if not possible I'm giving up and will wait until next year and then see which is more available, the 6800XT or 3080. Toss of a coin really. Lost faith in AMD after yesterday TBH. They fed us total BS IMHO. Just my 2c's.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
Old Nov 19, 2020, 04:29 PM   #5
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
OK Bill you called me out on AMD drivers at launch and in general. Here are a few of the known issues with the latest (6800) driver.

1. Metro Exodus™, Shadow of the Tomb Raider™, Battlefield™ V, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War may experience intermittent application crashes with DirectX® Raytracing enabled.

Oops that a big bug for 6800 cards. So RT basically not usable yet in the only games that support 6800. Ergo it's broke and doesn't work properly now there's a shock

2 Anisotropic Filtering in Radeon Software graphics settings is not taking effect in DirexctX®9 applications on RDNA graphics products.

Someone mentioned this in a previous post and it's still not fixed. Not a big one but maybe worth mentioning that they've not bothered fixing it.
This is 100% trolling. That's not what the release notes say - "may" and "intermittent" is different than "not usable" and "broken". Also not being able to force AF on DX9 games from the app doesn't mean that, if you enable AF from within game it won't work. So please stop trying to initiate a flame war around here.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 04:32 PM   #6
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Oh dear here's Gibbo from Overclockers UK's take on next Wednesday's AIB launch.

"Limited to nearly no stock. We will launch at 2pm but won't allow ordering and then later in the day we shall make ordering possible once the web traffic drops down, hopefully this plan will help prevent such crazy overselling."

A bit of a joke really from AMD. No better than Nvidia even though scum bag Azor had the temerity to say the 6800 wouldn't be a paper launch. Ha. Sack him now.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 04:39 PM   #7
Higgy10

Higgy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:

we have a section for drivers
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2020, 05:05 PM   #8
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

SuperGeil is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
So you're the new tone of AMD are you? Trying to abuse your customers because you think we're too stupid to understand? An apology would be gratefully accepted.
Du meine Güte!
It's just video cards, Alter. We will all be ok.
SuperGeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2020, 05:33 PM   #9
bill dennison
Banned

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
AMD RX 6800 XT GPU breaks world record while overclocked to 2.65GHz – and without any fancy cooling
Quote:
AMD’s Radeon RX 6800 XT has only just been released, but it has already taken one world record in a benchmark – albeit with a caveat – and proved that those rumors about Big Navi having great overclocking potential are true.

Videocardz spotted ‘Lucky_n00b’ (Indonesian overclocker Alva Jonathan) pushing the RX 6800 XT with a boost overclock to 2.65GHz on air – in other words, just using the graphics card’s stock fans, with no fancy cooling, which is seriously impressive in itself. Although the CPU it was paired with (AMD’s Ryzen 5950X) for the 3DMark Fire Strike record on HWBOT was liquid nitrogen-cooled (and ramped up to 5.4GHz).

The resulting tally of 47,932 took top spot on HWBOT, dethroning the reigning champion GPU which was Nvidia’s mighty RTX 3090. However, note that tessellation was disabled for the Big Navi card, which isn’t allowed when it comes to 3DMark’s Hall of Fame, hence this score didn’t count for that ranking.

https://www.techradar.com/news/amd-r...-fancy-cooling
2.65GHz

i want to see it watered cooled badly
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2020, 05:43 PM   #10
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Is that even netting large performance numbers? What would the performance increase be? Like 10%?
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2020, 07:02 PM   #11
bill dennison
Banned

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Tessellation disabled.. and I'd chalk a good portion of that score to the LN2 5950X. You'd have to look at graphics scores to compare the GPUs.

AMD has historically been superior in Firestrike, for whatever reason. They are slower in Timespy though.. no clue why.

who cares about the score
but here they are
but 2.65GHz on air on the video card

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-6...n-air-cooling/

Quote:
In terms of performance, the AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT at 2.65 GHz on air scored 47932 points in 3D Mark Fire Strike which is currently the world record for any single-GPU graphics card. The GeForce RTX 3090 in comparison when overclocked to 2.385 GHz on LN2 cooling is only able to score 47725 points. This is the first time in a long while that AMD has managed to pounce NVIDIA in core clocks.

The lead is less than 0.5% for the Radeon RX 6800 XT but Air cooling vs LN2 cooling makes it quite huge for AMD. With that said, the Radeon RX 6800 XT isn't even the top AMD GPU and that title will be given to the Radeon RX 6900 XT which launches next month. We can expect the RX 6900 XT to offer even faster performance when overclocked on air and there's a good chance with LN2, these cards will be able to breach the 50K Fire Strike barrier, setting a new bar for overclockers & future GPUs.
they need to bring out a 6900 xt full watercooled card with a much higher power limit and yea maybe a 3 - 8 pin power card for say 1199

it would kill the 3090

Last edited by bill dennison : Nov 19, 2020 at 07:27 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 08:31 PM   #12
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
OK Higgy it's like George Orwell's Animal farm on this thread. All Ragers are equal but Kombatant is more equal than others and he can call people all the names he want's with no retribution. Really? He called me a troll are you too scared to call him out? You didn't hesitate with KAC. Maybe you need to understand AMD employees are not above the rules and apply them fairly. That's all I'm saying. I see his post is still up

Or is this response going to disappear too? Please take his post down and tell him that it was unacceptable and reprimand him like you did KAC. Either apply the rules or don't. Is this where AMD are going..sad really.

Otherwise ban me forever for trying to be honest and give feedback or admit anyone who for works for AMD is above God level and can't be questioned Joke.
Quit your whining and stay on topic.

I think AMD did well here and are in the top end game after being out for a long time. The massively overhyped ray tracing will get better I think. I'll be in the market early next year for an all AMD build.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 08:50 PM   #13
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
2.65GHz

i want to see it watered cooled badly
I knew it! Didnt I say it 2.6-2.7 golden sample? They really need to slap 18gbps ram on a high end model. I mean you cant have the same memory arch from 6800 to 6800xt to 6900xt... its starting to be little weird and im sure abit bottle necked but explains why the 6800 does so well with just 60 cus.

That powercolor one btw is 3 full slots but its looks heavy as hell.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.2.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.2.2. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org

Last edited by pax : Nov 19, 2020 at 08:58 PM.
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2020, 08:59 PM   #14
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

Holy schinikes.

It's gonna be great to see Steve, Jay and Paul be like WAT!? They're gonna have to do another competition round.

Beating the 3090 on LN2...with only air. HOLY COW.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2020, 09:04 PM   #15
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
Holy schinikes.

It's gonna be great to see Steve, Jay and Paul be like WAT!? They're gonna have to do another competition round.

Yeah, I'll tune in for that one. Great times for AMD, as gamers we should all be pleased that AMD is back in force. Competition is a wonderful thing.

About that availability though.....

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2020, 09:09 PM   #16
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
Holy schinikes.

This is the issue with the headlines. It's not (maybe). Tessellation is off for some reason and that's making the graphics score not comparable.

The real gem in that article is the 5950X hitting 5.45Ghz on LN2 and the CPU score being tremendous. Also, holy **** 1.66v LOL
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2020, 09:10 PM   #17
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post

About that availability though.....
Again, one needs patience in the year 2020.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 09:11 PM   #18
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGELG View Post
Again, one needs patience in the year 2020.
I know, it's not my strong suit.

yoz
Old Nov 19, 2020, 09:14 PM   #19
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

About AMD's RT perf it will get better :

https://twitter.com/BitsAndChipsEng/...67548907937792

Quote:
Bits And Chips - Eng
@BitsAndChipsEng
NVIDIA RT software implementation is just a proprietary standard layer over DX12 API. AMD RDNA2 will gain performance when develeopers will use an agnostic (AKA DX12) implementation. PS5 and XBOX will help AMD.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.2.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.2.2. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Nov 19, 2020, 09:24 PM   #20
acroig
Master Troll

Anyone see Jay roast the 6800 launch? Ouch...

yoz
Old Nov 19, 2020, 10:12 PM   #21
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Video of the tech demo.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Nov 19, 2020, 10:19 PM   #22
bill dennison
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
I know, it's not my strong suit.
we know

you said you would last to the AMD review

but then you blow your load when crashcar24 undid his first button

kids today no staying power
Old Nov 19, 2020, 10:23 PM   #23
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
we know

ROFL! You bastid....

yoz
Old Nov 19, 2020, 10:28 PM   #24
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
we know

Well hell yea, and it turned out to be the right choice on several levels, the top being he could actually buy one!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2020, 10:57 PM   #25
bill dennison
Banned

the 3080 and somewhat the 3090 is in for the death of a thousand cuts in the benchmarks and news

a 6080 xt reference card hits 2.65GHz on air beats a 3090 on ln2

wait till the 25th and the aftermarket cards like the Strix and that Red Devil hit and the reviewers get them and start pushing them

and if the AMD aftermarket cards hit with better stock like some say and stock picks up by the 8th like past AMD cards after the first few weeks
and yes they are both normally slow stock to start and picking up in a few weeks NV didn't this time we will have to wait a month and see if AMD can

but the 6900 xt may well kill the 3080 ti before it is even out
and if they make aftermarket cards like a 6900 xt Red Devil it will
Old Nov 19, 2020, 11:01 PM   #26
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
the 3080 and somewhat the 3090 is in for the death of a thousand cuts in the benchmarks and news

a 6080 xt reference card hits 2.65GHz on air beats a 3090 on ln2

wait till the 25th and the aftermarket cards like the Strix and that Red Devil hit and the reviewers get them and start pushing them

and if the AMD aftermarket cards hit with better stock like some say and stock picks up by the 8th like past AMD cards after the first few weeks
and yes they are both normally slow stock to start and picking up in a few weeks NV didn't this time we will have to wait a month and see if AMD can

but the 6900 xt may well kill the 3080 ti before it is even out
and if they make aftermarket cards like a 6900 xt Red Devil it will
Billy we already heard all that non sense, it’s just not the case.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2020, 11:04 PM   #27
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Billy we already heard all that non sense, it’s just not the case.
But if this happens, and if those things happen, and if then that happens...

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2020, 12:02 AM   #28
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Bots gonna buy all those too bro. Nike, please release a bunch of new jordans and wtf else ever people like to waste money on asap.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2020, 12:04 AM   #29
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

I'll be trying to get a 6800xt or 6900xt. Using the 3080 till I can get a card worked it out with the buddy who is buying it.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2020, 12:53 AM   #30
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

So, after watching some more reviews:

It looks to me like for 4K you want RTX 3000 series. For 1440P and below the 6800 series looks good. At least if we're talking about rasterization. I have to wonder whether it's the limited memory bandwidth that's holding the cards back in 4K?

Ray tracing performance is passable, but a little disappointing. The lack of a DLSS equivalent really hurts, since ray tracing is basically unplayable in some games without it. I don't fully cut AMD slack on this based on it being their "first gen of ray tracing", because Nvidia didn't really see much improvement in ray tracing with Ampere, outside it simply scaling with the cards being faster. I think it's still basically 1st gen vs 1st gen and AMD's implementation is not as good. It could be newer drivers and tweaks by game developers can improve it, but the jury is still out on that one.

The efficiency is nice compared to Ampere, however not all places saw the large difference that TechPowerUp did. I guess it depends on the game? Regardless, greater efficiency is still a plus.

Overall I think the cards are priced correctly, and are a decent product, not an amazing product. (However by that same measure, Ampere is also only a decent product.)

It's still impressive that AMD is back in the game and actually is more efficient for a change. This is their most competitive card released in a long time, I'd say going back all the way to 290X released 7 years ago. Hopefully this is the start of consistent improvement on the part of AMD, which means competition will heat up again in the GPU market.

In the end how well the cards do will come down to availability. If the AIBs show up in force next week then AMD will get a lot of sales. If the GPU shortage continues then the real determination will come down to how many cards AMD and Nvidia can deliver, with both selling everything they make.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote