Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Jan 12, 2021, 10:22 AM   #661
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

4K/80+ is not an issue on a 3080/3090. There's only a select few games that struggle to hold 60fps average..
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2021, 11:00 AM   #662
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

SuperGeil is still being judged by the masses

Folding@home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyiji View Post
Seems really early to do a ''deep dive'' on when we only have a handful of games and one true next gen game (CP77). Many of these games were not even made with AMD in mind.

Maybe they will revisit this in a year with just current generation titles. Games post PS5/Xbox X

With that said, AMD actually looks promising considering.
LG 43UD79-B
SuperGeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2021, 07:40 PM   #663
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Asrock 6900XT phantom on the way now. Hopefully this one will overclock better than the sapphire nitro.

The nitro is going on craigslist and if I can't sell local for what I paid for it I'll ebay it. I'd sell to a forum user too. Works fine, but I can't get a good overclock out of it.

Don't judge me bro! I saw, I added to cart, and I checked out. Just how it happened.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 12, 2021, 07:42 PM   #664
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

The fact that you were able to get another 6900XT is nothing short of a miracle. Hope this one OCs better.

Have you actually played any games on it?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2021, 08:09 PM   #665
Riptide

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Its no miracle when you watch snail monitor discord alerts from 4-5PM PDT every weekday. You have to be quick, but you have a legit shot at scoring something.

I have played some games, mainly division 2 on the nitro+. Works fine, just not a good overclocker.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Old Jan 12, 2021, 08:19 PM   #666
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Your determination paid off.

yoz
Old Jan 12, 2021, 08:38 PM   #667
Riptide

We'll see I suppose. The asrock has 3 pci-e connectors and a higher boost clock out of the box. Whether it will overclock well or not remains to be seen, though I am cautiously optimistic.

Snail monitor alerts is good also for 3000 series cards and anyone in this forum who is still after one of those should get on that discord server and watch the newegg alerts for one hour each day.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Old Jan 13, 2021, 09:09 AM   #668
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
We'll see I suppose. The asrock has 3 pci-e connectors and a higher boost clock out of the box. Whether it will overclock well or not remains to be seen, though I am cautiously optimistic.

Snail monitor alerts is good also for 3000 series cards and anyone in this forum who is still after one of those should get on that discord server and watch the newegg alerts for one hour each day.
Just got alerted by the site where I bought my 3090 from that they had stock of AMD cards. So I moised on over and the 6800 was £799, the 6800XT £899 and the 6900XT was £1,399 and they were all Gigabyte cards. Unbelievable. This was an hour after the notification and they still had stock, not surprisingly.

They were even selling a 5700XT for £579 which is about £150 more than I paid when it was launched
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2021, 01:00 PM   #669
bill dennison
Banned

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Just got alerted by the site where I bought my 3090 from that they had stock of AMD cards. So I moised on over and the 6800 was £799, the 6800XT £899 and the 6900XT was £1,399 and they were all Gigabyte cards. Unbelievable. This was an hour after the notification and they still had stock, not surprisingly.

They were even selling a 5700XT for £579 which is about £150 more than I paid when it was launched
so 1080 TI 1,339.00

https://www.amazon.com/STRIX-GeForce...0560778&sr=8-3

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=1080+ti&N=50001315

i paid 779 USD with a game
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2021, 04:05 PM   #670
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
That company on Amazon are obviously trying to scalp the gullible stupid people who aren't gamers and don't know what they're doing. No sensible enthusiast would touch that in a million years. They do say one's born every minute though. Everything on that page is from 2017 apart from the price Sad really.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
Old Jan 14, 2021, 06:06 PM   #671
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Crazy banana prices just wont stop. They want upwards of 1300$ CAD for a vanilla 6800 on newegg. The 3090 is 1200$ CAD more than a 6900xt which is only 200$ more than a 6800 vanilla. Other than few 3090s nothing is available.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.2.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.2.2. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2021, 07:13 PM   #672
bill dennison
Banned

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
That company on Amazon are obviously trying to scalp the gullible stupid people who aren't gamers and don't know what they're doing. No sensible enthusiast would touch that in a million years. They do say one's born every minute though. Everything on that page is from 2017 apart from the price Sad really.
they were selling for 1600 3 weeks after i got mine at the start of the last big bitcoin run it was a good mining card then not as much now
Old Jan 14, 2021, 09:22 PM   #673
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Crazy banana prices just wont stop. They want upwards of 1300$ CAD for a vanilla 6800 on newegg. The 3090 is 1200$ CAD more than a 6900xt which is only 200$ more than a 6800 vanilla. Other than few 3090s nothing is available.
Notice the seller.......

https://www.amazon.com/PNY-GeForce-G...fix=pny&sr=8-3
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2021, 10:40 AM   #674
Riptide

The phantom seems to clock better than the nitro +. Timespy scores in the low 20k range. This card is able to tolerate a 1080mv undervolt. The sapphire I had did not allow undervolt less than 1135mv.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT

Last edited by Riptide : Jan 31, 2021 at 02:27 AM.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 11:00 AM   #675
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
The phantom seems to clock better than the nitro +. Timespy scores in the low 20k range. This card is able to tolerate a 1080mv undervolt. The sapphire I had did not allow undervolt less than 1035mv.
Nice!

yoz
Old Feb 1, 2021, 01:27 PM   #676
acroig
Master Troll

Default AMD RX 6700 XT details leak, could go up against 3060 Ti

yoz
Old Feb 8, 2021, 04:00 PM   #677
oap
3900x, 3090FE

oap is still being judged by the masses

Default meh

Got a fe3090 for £1399, done the rtx stuff, not that special tbh, would happlily swap for a 'local' 6900XT. No way i am posting this card, anyone local to p06 in uk wants to swap can come to my place, see it perform and watch me take it out and put the amd in. Straight swap only. prefer amd for the linux drivers tbh.
oap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2021, 04:21 PM   #678
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Anyone in the UK who wants an Asus Dual RX580 4gb card in retail box for £150 +pp PM & let me know. Never overclocked, or mined about 18 months old.

Old Feb 9, 2021, 01:27 AM   #679
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

https://wccftech.com/amd-fidelityfx-...e-nvidia-dlss/

Quote:
AMD's much-awaited response to NVIDIA DLSS which will be known as FidelityFX Super Resolution is expected to arrive this Spring, reports Prohardvare. The solution will make use of AI-assisted ML (Machine Learning) to help boost frame rates in games running on the latest RDNA 2 GPU powered Radeon RX 6000 series graphics cards.

The difference that DLSS makes put the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 series graphics cards a league ahead of AMD's Radeon RX 6000 series. But it looks like AMD's solution is now much close to its official launch with the company planning to release a major Adrenaline Radeon driver release around March 2021 which would include two major updates. The first is obviously the addition of FiedlityFX Super Resolution while the second is an update to Radeon Boost.
https://prohardver.hu/hir/uj_radeon_...gozik_amd.html

Quote:
The new Radeon Boost introduces an alternative method to DirectX 12 addresses. The speed advantage will actually come similar to the original implementation, only the disadvantages mentioned above will be eliminated. The company achieves this by taking advantage of the variable shading rate for ROP blocks built into RDNA 2-architecture Radeons. The new Boost now gets the acceleration from this, and when applied to supported DirectX 12 games, there will be a specific pattern that maps the center of the frame and other nearly static parts of it, even in motion, at full resolution. The changes virtually eliminate the trade-offs in image quality discussed in the previous paragraph.

We also questioned the much-anticipated FidelityFX Super Resolution process, which uses AI scaling, but this, unlike the competing DLSS, will not be part of the graphics driver at AMD, but will work as a standalone, in-game effect. Its only requirement on the graphical device driver side is support for the DirectML API, which is already solved in the PC market.
Sounds cool but not sure how this is meant to work... api level only?

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.2.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.2.2. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Feb 9, 2021, 02:23 AM   #680
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

It looking very likely it requires a game to implement it.

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-fide...ch-this-spring

Quote:
At Radeon RX 6000 series launch AMD made a promise it will launch its own version of the AI-powered super-resolution technology. The company has not provided any details whatsoever on how would it work or when exactly should we expect it to be available. AMD has only hinted it could be based on Microsoft DirectML technology, but at the same time AMD revealed that its DLSS competitor would launch as a part of the FidelityFX technology package. Thus, it is unclear if AMD has plans to stick to DirectML and push the gaming market into a single standard, or rather create their own implementation that will require collaboration from game studios. The slide from AMD does however suggest it might be the latter option:

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2021, 07:57 PM   #681
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

Folding@home

Great news as every xbox game that comes out on PC will most likely support it in the near future. It seems like one of those things that would be silly not to implement it on the series s&x, and from there not to port it to PC. Unless game works or TWIMTBP gets in the way. * should be its own thread by the way
LG 43UD79-B
Old Feb 10, 2021, 04:01 PM   #682
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGeil View Post
Great news as every xbox game that comes out on PC will most likely support it in the near future. It seems like one of those things that would be silly not to implement it on the series s&x, and from there not to port it to PC. Unless game works or TWIMTBP gets in the way. * should be its own thread by the way
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGeil View Post
Don't worry, most AAA games are poorly optimized benchmark suites for grossly overpriced video cards these days.
A bit contradictory don't you think. Make your mind up.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 07:51 PM   #683
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

Folding@home

Quote:
A bit contradictory don't you think. Make your mind up.
Not sure how that is contradictory. You can have badly optimized games with DLSS and Super resolution added in them. Badly optimized games will probably depend on them.
LG 43UD79-B
Old Feb 11, 2021, 03:47 PM   #684
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Mesh shader test show rtx ahead along the same lines as RT... might explain why AMD is touting much improved geormetry in the next gen navi3.

https://videocardz.com/newz/ul-relea...amd-rdna2-gpus

Quote:
NVIDIA Ampere: 702%
AMD RDNA2: 547%
NVIDIA Turing (RTX): 409%
NVIDIA Turing: 244%
But who knows there might a driver for the new 3dmark test incoming...

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Feb 11, 2021, 06:15 PM   #685
pax
Rage3D Spammer

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Feb 13, 2021, 07:58 AM   #686
acroig
Master Troll

yoz
Old Feb 15, 2021, 11:26 AM   #687
pax
Rage3D Spammer

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Feb 15, 2021, 12:46 PM   #688
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

More nonsense about a non existent card that's not going to be availabe for months or if ever and will probably cost over $2,000. Sapphire need to concentrate on their Pulse and Nitro cards which are also non-existant in the retail channel rather than promote more unicorn cards. Same goes for Nvidia 3080ti's.

Both camps need to supply the cards they launched months ago rather than keep promoting new models that we all know will be a joke launch. Sad really.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 02:25 PM   #689
bill dennison
Banned

Quote:
More nonsense about a non existent card that's not going to be availabe for months or if ever and will probably cost over $2,000. Sapphire need to concentrate on their Pulse and Nitro cards which are also non-existant in the retail channel rather than promote more unicorn cards. Same goes for Nvidia 3080ti's.

Both camps need to supply the cards they launched months ago rather than keep promoting new models that we all know will be a joke launch. Sad really.
AMD launched 3 months ago without the AIB's
i kind of like them taking their time and getting the designs right as they got it with few chips

now the chips well both TSMC and Samsung are short on needed materials too make them because of a pandemic so supply may take a few more months
Old Feb 15, 2021, 03:55 PM   #690
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:

I expect any msrp stock by summer for both camps... its just nice to see the toxic make a comeback.

Theres also a rumor of wc ver from saphirre thats even more high end. Its nice to see the diversity and quality of cooling for the new gpus.

www.realitysandwich.com