Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Oct 10, 2008, 01:08 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Default Blackberry - Storm (Touchscreen)

Looking forward...

"A storm's arrival typically isn't something to celebrate, but we're going to make a notable exception here seeing how the BlackBerry Storm is less of a destructive weather pattern and more of an incredibly hot smartphone -- arguably RIM's hottest to date. Fit to its business-savvy roots, the long-rumored handset comes equipped with the most comprehensive global roaming capabilities of virtually any wireless device you'll find anywhere, featuring EV-DO Rev. A, quadband EDGE, and 2100MHz HSPA for Europe. Beyond that, the Storm becomes RIM's very first touchscreen phone, mounting a 3.26-inch 480 x 360 glass display on a unique clickable surface so that the entire thing can be pressed downwards -- just like a real button -- for tactile feedback when making selections. It includes a full HTML finger-navigable browser, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint editing capabilities, Bluetooth 2.0, 1GB of on-board storage with an 8GB microSD card bundled in the box, 3.5mm headphone jack, automatic orientation and ambient lighting sensors, and a 3.2-megapixel autofocus cam with dedicated flash, making it a legitimate jack-of-all-trades that seems likely to be able to handle even the most chaotic personal and professional lives users can throw its way. It'll allegedly do 15 days of standby or 5.5 hours of talk time on either GSM or CDMA networks. No word on pricing yet -- we're told all will be revealed "in the coming weeks" -- but it'll launch on both Verizon and Vodafone in November."

Ive been using the Bold since it first came out and im really enjoying it these days, 3G really makes things nice but it does come at a price. The battery life sucks, completely. I get it as to why, but they need to fix it. I cant get more than a day (approx 10hrs) on my battery (goes for 9 others in my company as well) so most actually turn off the 3G unless needed. When this happens the battery life is extended to at least 3 days.

But yes, im realllllly over this Storm.

Last edited by **G.I.BRO** : Oct 10, 2008 at 01:12 AM.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2008, 02:24 AM   #2
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

Heh, good ol' Storm. Old news. It's not a bad phone but if you're good with the Bold.. I'd wait for the "next" batch. Heh, they finally chose that design for the buttons... interesting.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2008, 08:01 AM   #3
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

It looks great. I can't stand the traditional blackberry form factor, where half of the unit's footprint is taken up by a keyboard with tiny little buttons. This is a welcome improvement!

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 10, 2008, 08:05 AM   #4
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

how cute it is.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2008, 08:12 AM   #5
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Blackberry is the real shiat right there!

Noice....
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2008, 08:29 AM   #6
nrs421
Radeon Arctic Islands

nrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

that looks good.
nrs421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2008, 09:15 AM   #7
P1x44r
Radeon Arctic Islands

P1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird sings

Looks nice, but it's gotta be around $800 when it comes out.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 11:08 AM   #8
Debello
Not built for speed

Debello is still being judged by the masses

Picked up mine today at the store, cost me $199 plus the $50 mail in rebate. The touch screen takes some getting use to, but I am really like it so far. The 8gig memory card it comes with is pretty nice also.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 11:10 AM   #9
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debello View Post
Picked up mine today at the store, cost me $199 plus the $50 mail in rebate. The touch screen takes some getting use to, but I am really like it so far. The 8gig memory card it comes with is pretty nice also.
wow, only 50 more than i paid for my pearl
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2008, 11:50 AM   #10
Cowzrul
Dazed and Confused

Cowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

No wifi = fail.
Cowzrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2008, 11:53 AM   #11
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowzrul View Post
No wifi = fail.
maybe verizon didn't specify they wanted wifi? i'm sure if it makes its way to other networks it will have wifi, blackberry is pretty peculiar like that, look at my 8130, no wifi, yet the 8120 has it... too bad the 8120 isn't a sprint phone
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2008, 12:18 PM   #12
Debello
Not built for speed

Quote:
No wifi = fail.
My samsung i760 had it and I never found a reason that I would need to use it.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 12:24 PM   #13
Cowzrul
Dazed and Confused

Cowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
My samsung i760 had it and I never found a reason that I would need to use it.
If I bought a phone like that I probably wouldn't get a data plan, I'd rather just go to a hotspot to use it. Campus has wifi everywhere...
Old Nov 21, 2008, 12:30 PM   #14
Debello
Not built for speed

Quote:
If I bought a phone like that I probably wouldn't get a data plan, I'd rather just go to a hotspot to use it. Campus has wifi everywhere...
I have always had the data plan, which was $50 a month extra in the past, but verizon has moved to the $30 data plan for non corporate users. Plus I use the heck out of the VZNavigator when I travel for work. Easier to just carry my phone with GPS then my phone and GPS unit.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 12:31 PM   #15
Cowzrul
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
I have always had the data plan, which was $50 a month extra in the past, but verizon has moved to the $30 data plan for non corporate users. Plus I use the heck out of the VZNavigator when I travel for work. Easier to just carry my phone with GPS then my phone and GPS unit.
Yeah, once I graduate, I'll probably have to travel a lot for work, so I'd get the data plan then, but I'd likely go without it until I'm out of school. Just can't see spending $30/month on something I wouldn't use too much since I have wifi everywhere I go.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 04:13 PM   #16
dreamwalker
valar morghulis

dreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete stranger

Telus in Canada is getting this phone too, I was thinking of getting one as I'm sure I can get it cheap since my contract is almost up (and recoup any fees by selling my pearl) but ill wait for reviews and OS updates.. I'm happy with my pearl so far.. Using it to type this. 15 cdn unlimited data plan FTW
dreamwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2008, 05:36 PM   #17
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

oh my god that phone is so sexayyyy

Wish i would of waited and not brought the Samsung Glyde. the touchscreen sucks on this thing
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2008, 05:47 PM   #18
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVanks View Post
Heh, good ol' Storm. Old news. It's not a bad phone but if you're good with the Bold.. I'd wait for the "next" batch. Heh, they finally chose that design for the buttons... interesting.
I know what you did here
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote