Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 29, 2011, 04:31 AM   #3901
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNB4800 View Post
Now I want to understand something, when you guys play, what do you aim for in terms of progress? Also, are there really big differences between the +10 scopes you get (apart from the IRNV which is obvious!)? Are the weapons obtained from higher levels better? Aren't the individual weapon scope unlocks all the same for all the weapons (maybe apart from shotguns and sniper rifles)?
Just play for fun and ignore the fancy weapons.

If you arent using sidespecific weapons you're playing Bad Company 3, not Battlefield 3. You want to be a BC noob? DO YOU?!
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2011, 04:50 AM   #3902
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The two gayest things in this game would have to be the mortars and the claymores omg they are annoying..
Old Oct 29, 2011, 04:59 AM   #3903
Douglaster
X360 - PC

Douglaster is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
The two gayest things in this game would have to be the mortars and the claymores omg they are annoying..
But its sooo goood when you find a player crouched with mortar

Instant knife'd
Douglaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 29, 2011, 05:21 AM   #3904
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglaster View Post
But its sooo goood when you find a player crouched with mortar

Instant knife'd
I mainly play Support and use my C4. It has some great uses especially in Rush mode when you Plant a bomb AND a C4. Go hide and see the other team flock to defuse the bomb and eat a cake

What is also annoying about it is how stupid I feel when I see an engineer with his RPG vs tanks; he can do it from range while I have to do ninja tactics to close the distance

I tried using mortar which to be honest isn't as OP as people claim. It has min and max range which is limiting it and allows others to predict how far a mortar dude is.

Btw, how the hell can you use the rockets on jets. Everytime I get on one, I can only fire the machinegun and can't seem to be able to switch to rockets. Any idea?
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2011, 06:44 AM   #3905
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

FYI Im looking into renting a server for Rage3D. I will make a new thread with details soon.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2011, 06:54 AM   #3906
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
FYI Im looking into renting a server for Rage3D. I will make a new thread with details soon.
As long as you don't kick me from your server, I am looking forward to it
Old Oct 29, 2011, 07:34 AM   #3907
Evil Nemesis
NemmyBoy

Evil Nemesis is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
26$ for a steelbook limited edition. sup bitches
i'm not saying a word.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 07:38 AM   #3908
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Rad2owns is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
sweet.
If you Fold The Cure will Come!!!!!
Fold On Forever!!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...00CC&c5=FFFFFF
Your Thoughts Will Define Your Destiny.
Hidden variables are everywhere.
BF3 KOz1
Rad2owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2011, 07:43 AM   #3909
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Anybody else think IR nightvision is unbalanced compared to the other sights? It's like a damn hack, every important object lights up like a christmas tree. Makes acquiring infantry extremely easy, even in difficult to see areas. I think they really needed to bring down the contrast or gimp the sight another way. Is there any reason why you wouldn't use the Nightvision sight?
nutcrackr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2011, 08:08 AM   #3910
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Anybody else think IR nightvision is unbalanced compared to the other sights? It's like a damn hack, every important object lights up like a christmas tree. Makes acquiring infantry extremely easy, even in difficult to see areas. I think they really needed to bring down the contrast or gimp the sight another way. Is there any reason why you wouldn't use the Nightvision sight?
that sight is damned epic! I didnt think it would work too well on a map like caspian border. Lets just say I went 25-5 in a map last night.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 08:09 AM   #3911
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Old Oct 29, 2011, 08:12 AM   #3912
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
I was expecting it to work only at night and be not that effective, more like useless, at daylight maps. Is this how it should work? Otherwise you are right, it sure is OP in all seriousness!
Old Oct 29, 2011, 08:27 AM   #3913
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDanny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Cool! Bring up console and write render, and you will see the command of forcing a renderahead setting!

This is good to reduce mouselag. A lower setting of "1" reduce mouselag AND frameskipping (for those that get it, depend on game), but CAN (doesnt mean WILL) reduce performance for some, mostly SLI/CF users.

However, i dont know if you can make it stick somehow :S
ASUS PG279Q | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC 2025MHz/12.2GHz | Intel i7 3770K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | Fractal Design R4 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | SteelSeries Rival 310 | Qpad MK-50 | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 10 Professional

iPhone 8 Plus

Last edited by Danny Nissan : Oct 29, 2011 at 08:30 AM.
Danny Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2011, 08:40 AM   #3914
dOoT
¿Qué?

dOoT is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNB4800 View Post

Btw, how the hell can you use the rockets on jets. Everytime I get on one, I can only fire the machinegun and can't seem to be able to switch to rockets. Any idea?

You have to unlock them by flying da plane... and killing people with the gun. That's also how you get flares and then who knows what.
dOoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2011, 10:53 AM   #3915
Jimby
Captain Manches

Jimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I really want to enjoy this game, but I seem to be having key binding problems. Holding the ESC key does not remove the bindings for me. WTF EA?
Jimby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2011, 11:19 AM   #3916
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I have an issue where even though the game says its running at 120hz, its clearly not.. I have to swap refresh rates every time I join. I thought there was something wrong with my system until I realised its actually running at 60hz, not that 60hz is bad but I was expecting 120hz.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 11:23 AM   #3917
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
I have an issue where even though the game says its running at 120hz, its clearly not.. I have to swap refresh rates every time I join. I thought there was something wrong with my system until I realised its actually running at 60hz, not that 60hz is bad but I was expecting 120hz.
Fire the 2711 back up
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2011, 11:24 AM   #3918
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands

eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

for shits and giggles i switched my 8gb of ddr667 with my 2 gb of ddr1066 and oc'd to 3.6 GHz

the CPU and GPU were pretty much synced perfectly in the performance overlay but the game was running like **** with 2gb ram haha.
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2011, 11:30 AM   #3919
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
Fire the 2711 back up
I played the campaign with U2711 and vsync, but it sucked for MP If everyone had to play at 60hz vsync then sure I would use it, but otherwise it sucks without vsync and with it is too hard to play MP well.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 11:55 AM   #3920
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The game runs at 120hz for me, so maybe it's a dual monitor bug?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2011, 11:59 AM   #3921
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
The game runs at 120hz for me, so maybe it's a dual monitor bug?
Yeh I think it is, I often swap between displays and something seems to have stuck when I swapped back to the 120hz monitor. Everytime I enter a game its at 60hz even though it says 120, then I have to change to something random and back to 120 to fix it.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 03:58 PM   #3922
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I just got the irnv for my scar-h, it almost makes the game too easy.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 05:35 PM   #3923
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Just got totally slaughtered on Grand Bazaar, 1 kill and 14 deaths.

Don't really know where im going wrong, I spawn with my squad guys, then I just get killed within about 10 seconds. Total grindfest.

Then I played a round of Caspian Border and got 9 kills to 1 death and a score of 2500-something.

Always hated those kind of maps in BF2 anyway, hated Karkand, hated Sharqui Peninsular. I have always prefered the big open maps, not coridoor-based ones.

Last edited by {0}Salamander{0} : Oct 29, 2011 at 05:38 PM.
{0}Salamander{0} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2011, 06:18 PM   #3924
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Yeh I think it is, I often swap between displays and something seems to have stuck when I swapped back to the 120hz monitor. Everytime I enter a game its at 60hz even though it says 120, then I have to change to something random and back to 120 to fix it.
Same thing happened to me yesterday with BF3. I run a dual monitor setup and when I switched to single, the game was very sluggish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2011, 06:43 PM   #3925
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Roxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I wish I could find out why I load so slowly ;\
Old Oct 29, 2011, 06:50 PM   #3926
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxen View Post
Didn't you kill me in that little stinkin' chopper while I was firing my rpg up at you constantly? Which I could have loaded faster.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 06:52 PM   #3927
Mangler
PC

Btw, has anyone managed to dig out the weapon stats yet?
Old Oct 29, 2011, 06:52 PM   #3928
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxen View Post
Same, it's annoying to have metro load much much slower than the beta did. I know the code is changed but why is it so slow?
nutcrackr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2011, 07:31 PM   #3929
m0unds
Radeon R300

m0unds is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuryX View Post
Finished the single player campaign!
It's pretty, it's fun, it's good, but I must say what I noticed most is how horribly designed the Hard difficulty is. It's ridiculously stupid how many times you'll die of scripted events, surprise kills, one shot deaths, and silly tricks. I'll probably replay the game on Easy through the weekend or something, just to have fun in the campaign!

(Wait, there's multiplayer as well? )
i thought it was just me. i often notice nothing firing at friendlies, but the second i pop my head up to look around, i get my face taken off. it's super annoying.

multiplayer has been fun, but i utterly despise metro as a conquest map. every time i've played it in that mode, it's been nothing more than an RPG/M67 spamfest. yuck. tehran highway seems to choke every server i've played it on - lots of warping around the map, rubberbanding, running in place, etc.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 07:33 PM   #3930
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Roxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
Didn't you kill me in that little stinkin' chopper while I was firing my rpg up at you constantly? Which I could have loaded faster.
Dunno, I kill lots of people.