Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:30 PM   #6601
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I switched to Heavy Barrel after the suppression patch.. made a huge difference for me. I run foregrip as well.

Iron sights though.. interesting. I like the scope (I use the russian 4x) it gives some nice range to a very accurate AK-74M. I play hardcore as well 95% of the time, and with the AK I can kill people in 3 shots. Makes the scope ultra useful.
Well, I played comp CoD, UO & MoH:AA/SH for years using a bolt action with no scope, (Kar98, Mosin or Enfield) so its just habbit for me.. I'm a bit of a pixel hunter when I play, and probably sit closer to the display than most people.

And I hate hardcore. :P
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:32 PM   #6602
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

What's wrong with Hardcore?!

It would probably be easier for you. Considering if you're a good shot it's ez.
My KD went up playing HC.. Only thing you have to worry about are Snipers and Aircraft. Snipers are usually a 1 shot kill, and a strafing run from a Jet / Heli can kill - unlike normal where it takes forever to kill someone.

I played competitive CoD4. HC Tactical S&D. G3 was my weapon of choice - iron sights / silencer. I was good. Really good.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:55 PM   #6603
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

No one likes HC for any game in the Oz/NZ competitive community, just the way it is.
I think the general consensus is its too random and n00b friendly, in that you only have to get a couple random spray tags to drop someone, instead of controlled tracking, controlled recoil, and critical hits (headshots, upper body etc).
All comp games use a pro-mod that removes n00b weapons too, like CoD4, that was very restricted, there was only like 6 weapons you could pick from in total. Makes it very balanced.

Yeh I played comp CoD4 too, heres me getting a couple team downs in CoD4 Aus/NZ finals. Nothing special, but team down in the finals none the less (5v5).

And LoL wtf? I just found some random video someone posted of me, following me around in BC2?? edit:lol I get 5 kills in it and am 19-1, they probably thought I was hacking??

Last edited by demo : Apr 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM.
demo is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:03 PM   #6604
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Probably trying to report you for hacking or something.
My name in BC2 was OneShot with the little target reticule at the end.

Nice though. No videos of me playing.. been a long time and the group I played with went down in flames after I was given leadership (I was like 15.. WTF lol)
I was really good though, we won a few HC Tactical competitions and broke up after that. I was banned from most HC Tactical servers in COD4 for claims of hacking.

Started playing under different names all the time, people used to always ask me who I was in the HC Tact. community. I've never dominated a game like I did in CoD4.

I'm good at BF3 but not even close to the dominance I had in CoD4. Nice videos though, wish we still had our old clan website up so I could take a peak and grab a bunch of the old videos of my team sitting in spawn and letting me take on a 6v6 on my own. HC Tactical competition was all about silence and patience. If you stood up and sprinted you were ****ed. Crouch was pretty much the be-all.

You know, the WHC tag sounds familiar to me in BC2 at least. I think I've ran with some of them before. I haven't played that game in forever but the WHC tag just seems very familiar.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Last edited by Nunz : Apr 18, 2012 at 11:07 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:11 PM   #6605
demo
space cadet

Heres the site for ladders/leagues, Cybergamers, they are affiliated with CAL & CPL among others in the US, aswell as whatever the leagues are called in Europe, so all the ladder formats for every game are the same. Same pro mods, player counts etc.

edit: lol wtf, frenetic array won the pro league CoD4 comp this year, we have smashed them so many times >.<

Last edited by demo : Apr 18, 2012 at 11:15 PM.
demo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:16 PM   #6606
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Pretty sick
Makes me want to turn it up in BF3 right now and murder some peeps.

Off topic for a second.. I've been wanting to use Adaptive vSync for BF3. Should I leave vSync on in-game and set the NVCP to Adaptive?

Or turn off vSync in-game all together?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:33 PM   #6607
demo
space cadet

I stopped using it in BF3 tbh, I can feel it introduce input latency when vsync is engaged.

But leave vsync off in game iirc, just enable it in CP.

I hope Lucid virtual vsync works as advertised, no input lag with a vsync'd image. Until then, 125 fps cap for me.. which is a shame, I liked Adaptive vsync
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:00 AM   #6608
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I cant compete with you pros....

Im run and gun, not afraid to die.

Plus ive been playing lots of overpopulated 64man metro, mainly cuz the chaos makes it fun, and mainly cuz its the fastest way to level up guns and classes. So im just kind of working on unlocking every weapon accessory as much as i can (cept sniper rifles, im not fast enough with em)
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:08 AM   #6609
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Hmm..

I'll check it out tomorrow
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:08 AM   #6610
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Plus ive been playing lots of overpopulated 64man metro, mainly cuz the chaos makes it fun, and mainly cuz its the fastest way to level up guns and classes.
Actually I have a secret I also like Metro 64 players CQ and TDM, its chaos
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:10 AM   #6611
Nunz
RIP Roxen

I usually play Caspian CQ. I hate Metro.. it's overcrowded and I can't stand that
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:13 AM   #6612
demo
space cadet

Normally I cant either, I usually play on 24 or 32 slot rush servers, but lately I've been having fun in 64 player Metro destroying lots of n00bs lol. A few of the 24hr metro servers have no rpg, claymore, m302 and some other explosive weapons, which imo makes it more fun.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:15 AM   #6613
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Oh you play rush, you nublet!
Conquest or bust!
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:18 AM   #6614
demo
space cadet

24 slot Rush ftw! But I meant CQ metro 64 player, although I like 24 player rush on metro too.

CQ is too random for me, running around in circles getting shot in the back, and I've always liked the plant bomb/defend bomb scenarios in online gaming. Its like S&D or CSS with limited respawns.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 04:01 AM   #6615
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

I still load the game every now and then and I always enjoy it. I mainly go for big conquest maps, 64 players, with atleast 2x amount of tickets from default. I play all classes and I actually enjoy sniper in this game. I do not camp and I keep on the move which makes it more fun. Knowing to switch between sniper rifle and pistol is crucial with my play style.
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2012, 07:31 AM   #6616
JulianLyle
Radeon Northern Islands

JulianLyle is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Actually I have a secret I also like Metro 64 players CQ and TDM, its chaos
It's ****ing chaos! I always play it at least once and when I'm tired of too much people (M320, Nade spamming, Rockets) I change servers.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 09:21 AM   #6617
pradvan
Sla

pradvan is still being judged by the masses

Wow - you guys are actually talking about playing the game?! Please don't go off topic; continue bashing everything.
pradvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2012, 01:10 PM   #6618
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Rad2owns is still being judged by the masses

Handles in BF3 please.
If you Fold The Cure will Come!!!!!
Fold On Forever!!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...00CC&c5=FFFFFF
Your Thoughts Will Define Your Destiny.
Hidden variables are everywhere.
BF3 KOz1
Rad2owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2012, 01:13 PM   #6619
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad2owns View Post
Handles in BF3 please.
Ristogod
Old Apr 19, 2012, 01:17 PM   #6620
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

The best are exlosive weapon multikills in 64man metro when the explosives arent banned lol.
Since most of the time people being chicken and wont rush up stairs and such, they just crowd the hallways/chokepoints. a good placed grenade or something would take like 6 of them out.

I remember killing a guy with a grenade, and he was about to throw his.
It dropped after he died and exploded and kill people around him lol.

I also managed to plant a claymore in the lockerroom choke next to the stairs and obviously i did. BUt someone set it off and it took out like 6 people.

Love seeing the green kill txt indicator just scroll up with a buncha names lol.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 01:48 PM   #6621
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Sicarius-N ingame.

I'll try playing more rush. Conquest has always been my favorite though.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 02:12 PM   #6622
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Rad2owns is still being judged by the masses

If you Fold The Cure will Come!!!!!
Fold On Forever!!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...00CC&c5=FFFFFF
Your Thoughts Will Define Your Destiny.
Hidden variables are everywhere.
BF3 KOz1
Rad2owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2012, 05:07 PM   #6623
demo
space cadet

Quote:

Yeh thats me.

You may line up for autographed mouse pads at my booth on sun 22nd at Doncaster shopping center.

Old Apr 19, 2012, 06:46 PM   #6624
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Handles in BF3 please.
sasquachulator
Old Apr 19, 2012, 07:17 PM   #6625
RicH(SAD)
Radeon Northern Islands

RicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
And LoL wtf? I just found some random video someone posted of me, following me around in BC2?? edit:lol I get 5 kills in it and am 19-1, they probably thought I was hacking??

That's funny stuff.

I remember having to live stream all my games in BC2 just in case I would get banned and the worse part is that I actually got a few bans lifted that way. I'm glad I don't have to deal with that **** anymore lol.
RicH(SAD) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:48 AM   #6626
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

so many good memories *sob*
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:49 AM   #6627
The PyroPath
Qualified Thread Killer

The PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird sings

I'm not that good either, I have fun and keep getting better. Just love to screw people though. Turn a metro round around when your team is 1000 points down is just epic. Love to crawl down the back escalator and unload the m320 to the left stairs. you'll be amazed how long it takes before they notice you sometimes.

About the AK74M...

I use the AN-94 in dual burst because it's very accurate and powerfull, how does the AK74-M compare to this punch and accuracy wise?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:18 AM   #6628
Syl66
I've got nothin'

Syl66 is still being judged by the masses

Hey guys, a friend and I are trying to get a server started and could use some help. We had her running pretty good yesterday but unfortunately a couple server crashes didn't help our cause. Our host has said the problems should be fixed but were gonna switch if it keeps happening.

Anyways here is the link:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...Adaptive-size/

I already see that Koz and Bobsagat added us as favs, thanks guys.

We have a teamspeak server as well, so feel free to hop in when playing.

ts.ygpgaming.com

Also if anyone is interested you can join us at www.ygpgaming.com
Syl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:28 AM   #6629
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

i'd really like to do some co-op with someone experienced or not. just hate doing the public matchmaking because it works 1% of the time.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 12:52 PM   #6630
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

Hell I can't even play a game I payed 60 dollars for. I can't get away from these sound bugs. I deleted TS3, I still have skype on my computer don't know if that does anything. Funny thing is, about 3-4 months ago I was playing fine while using ts3 and or skype. This is so annoying.