Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 25, 2019, 05:05 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
looks like the quests are just like random "extra" achievements for games you have and don't have, and the most simplest one is just to run a game with steam achievements for 30 mins. so i just found a random one i need cards for (that also has achievements) and have it alt-tabbed.

EDIT: looks like you actually need to play that game and earn achievements in it. running it does nothing towards the race i think.
Yeah there are actual things to do. Not happening. At least I won't be missing a badge.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2019, 06:26 PM   #32
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

There are 2 different badges. One for joining a team... I joined Tortoise cause I know everyone is going to join Corgi. And one for spending coins at the pit stop. Looks like I got everything I need from this sale day 1

Old Jun 25, 2019, 06:33 PM   #33
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I'll be playing Stardew Valley to get points. One crop = 20 points. Pretty easy way to get thousands if you already spent a fair bit of time in the game. Although I heard if you go over the max you have to throw away excess points.

Steam sales seem to be flat this year. Nothing on my wishlist has a big enough discount for me to jump. No flash or daily sales mean that won't change.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 25, 2019, 07:27 PM   #34
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
There are 2 different badges. One for joining a team... I joined Tortoise cause I know everyone is going to join Corgi. And one for spending coins at the pit stop. Looks like I got everything I need from this sale day 1
hells is wrong with you should have joined corgi lol
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2019, 07:32 PM   #35
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Is there anything worth getting on sale? I can't think of anything worth picking up that I don't already have. Metro Exodus and The walking dead would have been nice. Suggestions?
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2019, 07:36 PM   #36
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'm probably going to buy The Precursors again. It's $7.50. A far cry from the $40 I paid for it on Beamdog.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2019, 09:55 PM   #37
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Trying to get the 15,000 coin so I can buy shadow of war
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:04 PM   #38
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Useless sale is useless.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:17 PM   #39
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It's been a while since I've seen a Steam sale that actually had good deals. I regularly see better deals on retail console games all year long.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:35 PM   #40
azalea
Radeon R200

azalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The badge is far less annoying than trading cards. They probably messed up, but my sale badge is worth 23,900 xp so far, and bumped me up from level 65 to 91.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 11:12 PM   #41
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Got Overload and mission pack for $13.
Really fun game, enjoy.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:12 AM   #42
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

I heard we were supposed to get tokens right from the beginning, even the FAQ has a statement that I am supposed to get 4000 coins. But I didn't get any coins at all.

Did anyone get coins right from the beginning?
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 02:04 AM   #43
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azalea View Post
The badge is far less annoying than trading cards. They probably messed up, but my sale badge is worth 23,900 xp so far, and bumped me up from level 65 to 91.
How did you get that many tokens?

Old Jun 26, 2019, 03:30 AM   #44
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Got some VR games.

Final Assault - Its a VR table top RTS WWII type war game something like Air Mech Command
Tabletop Gods - Another Table top RTS
Summer Funland - a nice little theme park simulator for the kiddos.
Elven Assassin - Bow and arrow VR game.
The Talos Principle - A VR puzzle type game
and
MasterpieceVR - a VR 3d sculpting program. It can export .stl files and then the kids can 3d print their creations.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2019, 05:35 AM   #45
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I've got to ask... Outside of the few cents you can get from trading, what has ever been the point of cards, levels, coins, tokens, badges, xp and whatnot in Steam?

Saleswise: the XCOM2 expansion is under €20 for the first time at €13 is good; Heat Signature for €4,41 is interesting and plenty of other games can be had under a €15 price point. That's reasonable. I'm not exactly in a buying mood though, having bought MotoGP19 and PSPlus last month, and a backlog of two or three more games.

Maybe next time, Steam, maybe next time!
Old Jun 26, 2019, 06:07 AM   #46
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium121 View Post
That actually sounds like a good idea, lately the steam sale prices have not been anything amazing
and given a choice i'd rather support GOG
Seems they had their sale already so I ended up not buying it at GoG.com.

Played a bit of Battletech, its rather confusing on how the turns play out.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 08:26 AM   #47
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
Really fun game, enjoy.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:05 AM   #48
alitayyab
EGS is the future

alitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird sings

This entire grand prix thing is weird. I spent ~11 and got about 1480 points/ things to add to my team. However I somehow they never got credited to my team or account as i can't seem to even the 100 token badge; says i dont have enough tokens
Ali#1317
ali_tayyab
Game Endings
Core i7-9700K @5.0GHz + Noctua NH-D15S || Asus Z390-H || 16 GB RAM || Zotac GTX 1080Ti Amp Extreme Core Ed || Antec HCP-1000 PSU || Corsair AIR 540
Core i5-6700K || AsRock H110M-itx || 16 GB RAM || Integrated Audio/Video || Corsair CX430 || Cooler Master Elite 120
alitayyab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2019, 11:28 AM   #49
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
I'm probably going to buy The Precursors again. It's $7.50. A far cry from the $40 I paid for it on Beamdog.
That game looks so bad lol.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:11 PM   #50
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
It is lol
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:19 PM   #51
GTwannabe
Radeon Evergreen

GTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Snagged SP: The Fractured, but Whole and all DLC for $9
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2019, 04:43 PM   #52
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
I've got to ask... Outside of the few cents you can get from trading, what has ever been the point of cards, levels, coins, tokens, badges, xp and whatnot in Steam?

Saleswise: the XCOM2 expansion is under €20 for the first time at €13 is good; Heat Signature for €4,41 is interesting and plenty of other games can be had under a €15 price point. That's reasonable. I'm not exactly in a buying mood though, having bought MotoGP19 and PSPlus last month, and a backlog of two or three more games.

Maybe next time, Steam, maybe next time!
Steam Store is the game, the games people buy are the mini games for the Steam Store game. They play the mini games to level up their character in Steam Store.

Basically, it is all gamification that we see in so many other things today.
Quote:
Old Jun 26, 2019, 04:50 PM   #53
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Boost capacity reset, so now I'm back to 100, which will get me basically nothing. I have 6000 points to claim and so I guess I just wait until the last day of the sale to claim it.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2019, 06:09 PM   #54
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Ah you're looking through the wrong eyes. It's a game made of our collective dreams.

It's actually from 2009 and the Steam screenshots don't do it justice. It's also unfinished but I haven't made it to that part of the game yet.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 07:53 PM   #55
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Boost capacity reset, so now I'm back to 100, which will get me basically nothing. I have 6000 points to claim and so I guess I just wait until the last day of the sale to claim it.
I think the whole thing is bugged. I spent about $20 and it didn't add to my boost capacity, where yesterday I logged in and had something like 4200 capacity.

I do have over 15,000 tokens however.

It's unfortunate that all these people who worked so hard to get their levels up can get overtaken by almost anyone who is active on Steam by them just upgrading their Summer Sale badge @ 100 XP per 100 tokens (but at the same time, they could probably double their level as well).
Old Jun 27, 2019, 03:46 AM   #56
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Been playing the heck out of that Final Assault game. It's really fun!
Old Jun 27, 2019, 02:18 PM   #57
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Yeah there are actual things to do. Not happening. At least I won't be missing a badge.
but then it says sh*t like this today.

PLAY ANY GAME WITH STEAM ACHIEVEMENTS

Play any game for 30 minutes or more during the Grand Prix event to earn points for your achievements.

They've officially made it too ****ing confusing lol.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2019, 03:10 PM   #58
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

Yeah, I don't spend the time with the steam bullshit. I don't know how cards work and I don't care. I don't follow their other promotions because I just simply don't care.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 03:19 PM   #59
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

How about instead of wasting time with a useless BS "game", Steam instead has a real sale on games people actually want? Crazy, I know...
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2019, 03:36 PM   #60
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
Snagged SP: The Fractured, but Whole and all DLC for $9
I bought it on Uplay like a week ago for same price lol. Would have preferred steam key..
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote