Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM   #241
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Bought it. Very pleasantly surprised to find out I can use a controller so soon after surgery.
Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM   #242
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I personally think it's going to be a great game for me - I'm not generally bothered by these things unless it's non stop and needless.

I'm looking forward to playing, especially now that it seems all that crap that "leaked" before really had nothing to it.
Not going to be playing this one. I didn't really like the first game. Gameplay was boring to me and the story was very dull and drab. Just not my type of game, and as a matter of fact I tend to find all Naughty Dog's games very boring.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM   #243
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Not going to be playing this one. I didn't really like the first game. Gameplay was boring to me and the story was very dull and drab. Just not my type of game, and as a matter of fact I tend to find all Naughty Dog's games very boring.
I loved the first, but the 'not for everyone' absolutely applies. I'm really hoping this isn't a dud for me - being home on disability I need something to play lol.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM   #244
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
I loved the first, but the 'not for everyone' absolutely applies. I'm really hoping this isn't a dud for me - being home on disability I need something to play lol.
From what I've seen I'd say if you liked the first game you should like this one, at least gameplay wise.

I have heard a lot of complaints about the direction they have gone with the characters though.
Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM   #245
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
From what I've seen I'd say if you liked the first game you should like this one, at least gameplay wise.

I have heard a lot of complaints about the direction they have gone with the characters though.
Me too...I should know better by now than to lend any credence to certain voices.

I'm ~20 minutes in and the controls are familiar and comfortable, the artwork/sets/ graphics...even on my cheapo 4k Vizio, are just gorgeous. So much attention to the smallest details it seems.

The characters, at this early stage...are already set up in a couple of instances to challenge personal bias...I can roll with this. Very much looking forward to see what this work of art offers.
Old Yesterday, 09:43 PM   #246
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Me too...I should know better by now than to lend any credence to certain voices.

I'm ~20 minutes in and the controls are familiar and comfortable, the artwork/sets/ graphics...even on my cheapo 4k Vizio, are just gorgeous. So much attention to the smallest details it seems.

The characters, at this early stage...are already set up in a couple of instances to challenge personal bias...I can roll with this. Very much looking forward to see what this work of art offers.
Hope you enjoy it. A lot of game developers worked their fingers to the bone and crunched long hours to make it.
Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM   #247
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Lazy you will enjoy the game.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:30 PM   #248
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

I am in Santa Barbara with Ellie. I feel like I must be near the end. Man has this been a roller coaster and I have loved every second of it.
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:20 PM   #249
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default Before mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
The difference is entrenched in the beliefs of the player.
It all flows very naturally in this story and is very well done and emotional. I think I am as liberal as they come but I can’t be 100% honest that there isn’t deep down stuff that was drilled into me as a kid that created biases that exist today. I can feel it too. I am glad that companies like Naughty Dog go right after the biases we all have. By creating a quality story with great characters they help people open up more. I know this sounds like too much SJW to many. But it works. The more you are exposed to diversity the weaker your biases get. I may never see the day when mine disappear 100%. But I think the world would be a much better place if all these biases disappeared. Kudos to Naughty Dog!
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:53 PM   #250
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
It all flows very naturally in this story and is very well done and emotional. I think I am as liberal as they come but I can’t be 100% honest that there isn’t deep down stuff that was drilled into me as a kid that created biases that exist today. I can feel it too. I am glad that companies like Naughty Dog go right after the biases we all have. By creating a quality story with great characters they help people open up more. I know this sounds like too much SJW to many. But it works. The more you are exposed to diversity the weaker your biases get. I may never see the day when mine disappear 100%. But I think the world would be a much better place if all these biases disappeared. Kudos to Naughty Dog!
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:56 AM   #251
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Hope you enjoy it. A lot of game developers worked their fingers to the bone and crunched long hours to make it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Lazy you will enjoy the game.
Sure looking that way so far It threw me a little being switched between characters, but I'm really enjoying how it's shaping up so far.