Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jan 19, 2021, 04:31 PM   #4561
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Dude you bought a 5700XT. You deserved to get shitty FPS.
In my defence I have a freesync monitor and at the time Nvidia didn't support adaptive sync. Now they do I went Nvidia RTX 3090 and I'm happy to report it plays very nicely with my monitor in G-sync compatibility. Happy chappy.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2021, 08:44 AM   #4562
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
Will be 9 months between the 2 cards
It'll be 9 months before ANY (high end) cards.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 08:05 PM   #4563
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

What do y'all reckon an RTX 3090 will be worth by say Dec 31, 2021?
Keep in mind all the MSRP are fake
What about the 3080 10GB?
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 20, 2021, 09:51 PM   #4564
acroig
Master Mod Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
What do you mean all MSRP are fake?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2021, 09:58 PM   #4565
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
If it becomes how 2080 Ti was treated then 500 bones. However, you maybe able to sell for 700-800 due to shortage of supply of the new product through Jan of 2022.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2021, 12:34 AM   #4566
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

^
What I mean is the whole $499/$699/$1499 MSRP were fake.
The AIBs came in and raised it a few hundred, then scalpers, then retailers upped some more too. Then AIBs said lets just make more, then scarcity, then up more. Then tariffs in USA, a fraction of which magically transferred over to other countries as I knew it would.

By the end all cards are like 150% MSRP. Anyways, it's staying there. I don't see prices of hardware ever dropping, and I don't just mean video cards.

I figure rtx 3090 might be about 4070 performance? So probably another $599 MSRP which ends up being $800.....
My guess is 3090 is worth $750 max in a year.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 12:59 AM   #4567
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I think you need butt sechs man.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 09:29 AM   #4568
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Those MSRP amounts you mentioned are for the NVIDIA Founder's Editions, and yes they have always sold at MSRP when buying at authorized retailers. The problem has always just been availability.

As for AIB yes of course they were above NVIDIA's MSRP, but those prices didn't apply to AIB partners cards. This stuff is common knowledge.

Also FWIW, I got my MSI Ventus 3080 for only $700 + tax and shipping direct from my company's supplier at our cost. I think normal price was around $780 which is not too much above NVIDIA's MSRP.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2021, 09:30 AM   #4569
acroig
Master Mod Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
^
What I mean is the whole $499/$699/$1499 MSRP were fake.
The AIBs came in and raised it a few hundred, then scalpers, then retailers upped some more too. Then AIBs said lets just make more, then scarcity, then up more. Then tariffs in USA, a fraction of which magically transferred over to other countries as I knew it would.

By the end all cards are like 150% MSRP. Anyways, it's staying there. I don't see prices of hardware ever dropping, and I don't just mean video cards.

I figure rtx 3090 might be about 4070 performance? So probably another $599 MSRP which ends up being $800.....
My guess is 3090 is worth $750 max in a year.
As Meteor said the 699 and 1499 MSRP is real for FE cards and they do exist, bought two myself.

yoz
Old Jan 21, 2021, 09:37 AM   #4570
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

AIB cards are usually never at exactly Founders Edition MSRP. Never have been. You're a little confused on what MSRP is, Leprechaun.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2021, 09:46 AM   #4571
acroig
Master Mod Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
AIB cards are usually never at exactly Founders Edition MSRP. Never have been. You're a little confused on what MSRP is, Leprechaun.
This. Best deal on Ampere was the $699 Asus TUF 3080 which has been discontinued now.

yoz
Old Jan 21, 2021, 10:10 AM   #4572
KAC

It is not discontinued. It is available for only 850 boners.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 10:13 AM   #4573
acroig
Master Mod Troll

Quote:
It is not discontinued. It is available for only 850 boners.
That's the OC model, the $699 non OC is no more.

yoz
Old Jan 21, 2021, 10:14 AM   #4574
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
The $699 non-OC would be $800 right now anyway. ASUS price hikes across the board .. yay?
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2021, 10:17 AM   #4575
acroig
Master Mod Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
The $699 non-OC would be $800 right now anyway. ASUS price hikes across the board .. yay?
tru.dat, gotta love tariffs....

yoz
Old Jan 21, 2021, 10:18 AM   #4576
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
tru.dat, gotta love tariffs....
ASUS was so full of **** for that excuse. Look at how much EVGA raised their prices compared to ASUS. Even motherboards from ASUS seen crazy price hikes. It was a good scapegoat for them.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2021, 10:18 AM   #4577
KAC

Quote:
Check this out on @Newegg: ASUS TUF Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 TUF-RTX3080-10G-GAMING Video Card
Old Jan 21, 2021, 10:28 AM   #4578
acroig
Master Mod Troll

Quote:
Check this out on @Newegg: ASUS TUF Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 TUF-RTX3080-10G-GAMING Video Card
And they've never had it in stock after October..... B&H said the product had been discontinued. EVGA never released their low end parts either because..... high end parts sell well.

yoz
Old Jan 21, 2021, 10:46 AM   #4579
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Selling 10 FE cards the first day only does not an MSRP make.
$699 is not the real 3080 price.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 10:57 AM   #4580
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

acroig literally just bought both an FE 3080 and 3090 on Best Buy for MSRP couple weeks ago.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 11:54 AM   #4581
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
You are factually wrong, and it's easy to prove. Not a whole lot to discuss here.

We get that you're upset that you can't find one at that price, but that doesn't mean they don't exist and aren't selling.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2021, 11:58 AM   #4582
acroig
Master Mod Troll

Quote:
You keep saying this over and over and it's just not true. I got 2 FE cards a few weeks ago at MSRP from Best Buy so it's real, deal with it.

yoz
Old Jan 21, 2021, 12:02 PM   #4583
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Why is everyone butthurt? Did KAC get to you?
I have a few 3000 cards already I'm okay.

This is why I don't talk
Old Jan 21, 2021, 12:03 PM   #4584
acroig
Master Mod Troll

Quote:
Why is everyone butthurt? Did KAC get to you?
I have a few 3000 cards already I'm okay.

This is why I don't talk
You keep saying things that are just not true, that's why.

yoz
Old Jan 21, 2021, 03:56 PM   #4585
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
You keep saying things that are just not true, that's why.
Have to agree with all the other posts, Leprechaun, especially regarding the 3090 FE. Stock at MSRP seems to be dropping a few days a week on the UK Nvidia store (it's fulfilled by Scan UK) and if you look at this link quite a few on there have bought their FE's recently. One even mentions the stock was available for 8 hours. Even those still waiting after 5 months have started buying the FE and cancelling their pre orders. Obviously I'm only speaking for the UK don't know about USA and Canada TBH

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forum...898762/page-88

Personally I don't like the FE with it's 12 pin plug but that's just my own personal opinion. I prefer to buy AIB models where possible due to their better cooling and acoustics but again just personal preference and the 10% over MSRP I paid I thought was reasonable. With regards to second hand values when the 4070 launch I think the 3090 will hold it's own for at least 2 to 3 years even if you have to lower RT or not enable it all. I can't see any games coming out in that period (one's I would want to play anyway) being a big issue.

Unfortunately as you've used your cards for mining the resale value is a totally different story. Whatever you think it's worth you might need to knock off 50% because if you mention the card has been used for mining buyers run to the hills. Mining voids your warranty (if that warranty passes onto to the 2nd buyer) so if it dies after a few months they're screwed hence why people are not keen.

That's why I mentioned on the Miners thread why sellers tend to forget to mention it and you asked why?
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2021, 04:50 PM   #4586
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Have to agree with all the other posts, Leprechaun, especially regarding the 3090 FE. Stock at MSRP seems to be dropping a few days a week on the UK Nvidia store (it's fulfilled by Scan UK) and if you look at this link quite a few on there have bought their FE's recently. One even mentions the stock was available for 8 hours. Even those still waiting after 5 months have started buying the FE and cancelling their pre orders. Obviously I'm only speaking for the UK don't know about USA and Canada TBH

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forum...898762/page-88

Personally I don't like the FE with it's 12 pin plug but that's just my own personal opinion. I prefer to buy AIB models where possible due to their better cooling and acoustics but again just personal preference and the 10% over MSRP I paid I thought was reasonable. With regards to second hand values when the 4070 launch I think the 3090 will hold it's own for at least 2 to 3 years even if you have to lower RT or not enable it all. I can't see any games coming out in that period (one's I would want to play anyway) being a big issue.

Unfortunately as you've used your cards for mining the resale value is a totally different story. Whatever you think it's worth you might need to knock off 50% because if you mention the card has been used for mining buyers run to the hills. Mining voids your warranty (if that warranty passes onto to the 2nd buyer) so if it dies after a few months they're screwed hence why people are not keen.

That's why I mentioned on the Miners thread why sellers tend to forget to mention it and you asked why?
Thanks for an informative post. Good to hear they are selling more FE than I thought. In Canada I think only Best Buy has or had them? Impossible to get. My 3090 I'm running to the ground gaming and mining so probably will never sell.

I was just making the point that Nvidia is artificially selling their FE cards at their MSRP while the reality was much higher for any AIB. I'm not sure if they were arguing with me about wordage/definition of MSRP or philosophically. But I had a question only you answered on.

I haven't checked eBay for years except last night. Half the sales are people selling a cardboard cutout or JPEG of a gfx card
Trolls all around
Old Jan 21, 2021, 04:53 PM   #4587
acroig
Master Mod Troll

Quote:
Thanks for an informative post. Good to hear they are selling more FE than I thought. In Canada I think only Best Buy has or had them? Impossible to get.
Same in the USA, only Best Buy sells them and they are very hard to get.... but it can be done AND at MSRP.

yoz
Old Jan 21, 2021, 04:56 PM   #4588
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
I was just making the point that Nvidia is artificially selling their FE cards at their MSRP while the reality was much higher for any AIB. I'm not sure if they were arguing with me about wordage/definition of MSRP or philosophically. But I had a question only you answered on.
I answered your question pretty clearly in this post.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 04:12 PM   #4589
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

A friend of mine who ordered on day one, an ASUS TUF OC 3080, got tired of the wait, cancelled his order a couple of days ago to order 3090 instead.

On that same day, he received a notification his 3080 came in
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2021, 04:53 PM   #4590
acroig
Master Mod Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
A friend of mine who ordered on day one, an ASUS TUF OC 3080, got tired of the wait, cancelled his order a couple of days ago to order 3090 instead.

On that same day, he received a notification his 3080 came in
I'd say that was some major fail on his part.

yoz