Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Dec 21, 2010, 02:41 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Default Dead Space Coming to iOS

http://toucharcade.com/2010/12/20/up...rom-ea-mobile/

Quote:
Story-wise, the iOS version of Dead Space will act as a link between the original game and the upcoming Dead Space 2 on consoles. There has been a lot of talk in our forums about the possibility that Dead Space would be on rails, and with the recently released games Rage HD [$1.99] and Infinity Blade [$5.99] that focused on limited mobility (though both are still quite excellent), I can see where they're coming from. After actually playing the game though, I can put those worries at ease as Dead Space is a full-mobility third-person shooter just like its bigger console brother. The onscreen HUD is minimalist, and the controls use a touch anywhere movement scheme and some intuitive gestures for performing actions in the game.

more previews:

http://www.touchgen.net/dead-space-hands-on-video

http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/dea...nds-on-preview

http://wireless.ign.com/articles/114/1141233p1.html

Last edited by logical : Dec 21, 2010 at 03:33 AM.
logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2010, 08:38 PM   #2
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

The hands on video

Old Dec 22, 2010, 06:52 PM   #3
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Now this is where iPhone gaming is going.
pahncrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:42 PM   #4
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Wow, that looks great. Not bad at all.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 09:02 AM   #5
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

This is why the iPhone is the best smartphone. What was that excuse you Windows users gave me about being a Mac? Oh...you can't game on Android...
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2010, 01:36 PM   #6
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
This is why the iPhone is the best smartphone. What was that excuse you Windows users gave me about being a Mac? Oh...you can't game on Android...
Seems like you can troll just fine on a mac though, nobody has even mentioned the android platform in this thread.

What you said is pretty much the truth though.

Last edited by Mangler : Dec 23, 2010 at 01:45 PM.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2010, 07:26 PM   #7
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tork64 is still being judged by the masses

This should be able to run on an Itouch no ? If so then I think I know what im buying next month when I get my tax return.

EDIT: And yeah it does look impressive.
Tork64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2010, 07:38 PM   #8
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork64 View Post
This should be able to run on an Itouch no ? If so then I think I know what im buying next month when I get my tax return.

EDIT: And yeah it does look impressive.
Yes, should work on iTouch 3rd and 4th gen. The 4th gen uses the retina display and the 3rd gen is based on the old 3gs iPhone and has worse battery life, no camera and 1/4 the resolution. So if you can, you should get the iTouch 4th gen.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 07:40 PM   #9
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Damn man, we aren't trying to start a flame war, no need to rub iPhone gaming into their faces. Except for Elysian, since he likes the abuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Seems like you can troll just fine on a mac though, nobody has even mentioned the android platform in this thread.

What you said is pretty much the truth though.
Yeah pretty much, there may be a time when Android gaming surpasses iPhone gaming, but it won't be for a good long while I reckon.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 08:15 PM   #10
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Not to fuel the fire, but I found this funny and didnt think about it till raz mentioned it.

Mac, the platform where you cant game on a desktop(and heavily made fun of because), is the only platform where you can really game mobile phone wise. Android is like the Mac Desktop of the mobile world, there are no games but crappy remakes and a few decent games.

Old Dec 23, 2010, 08:50 PM   #11
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahncrd View Post
Yes, should work on iTouch 3rd and 4th gen. The 4th gen uses the retina display and the 3rd gen is based on the old 3gs iPhone and has worse battery life, no camera and 1/4 the resolution. So if you can, you should get the iTouch 4th gen.
will do thx!

This is it, right ? http://www.amazon.com/Apple-touch-Ge...3178236&sr=8-1

Added to wishlist, can't wait, now the wait for the tax return

Last edited by Tork64 : Dec 24, 2010 at 02:11 AM.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 10:07 AM   #12
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
will do thx!

I would go for the 32gb. 8 gb is too low if you want games and music on it.

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2010, 10:20 AM   #13
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
will do thx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I would go for the 32gb. 8 gb is too low if you want games and music on it.
If it comes down to price, and it is either 8GB or nothing, then you should still get it, however, you should get at least a 16GB if you can swing it, I know the 32GB units are fairly pricey.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 05:30 PM   #14
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

damn okay, was gonna get the 8gb and an itune card, looks like ill be skipping the gift card and going straight for 32gb. Really a huge fan of deadspace, but besides that the number of apps on the itouch are massive, there are like 50+ I saw that I wanted to try.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 06:04 PM   #15
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
damn okay, was gonna get the 8gb and an itune card, looks like ill be skipping the gift card and going straight for 32gb. Really a huge fan of deadspace, but besides that the number of apps on the itouch are massive, there are like 50+ I saw that I wanted to try.
iOS gaming reminds me of my early years of PC gaming. It is a new wild west of gaming. Be sure to bookmark TouchArcade!
Old Dec 24, 2010, 06:46 PM   #16
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
iOS gaming reminds me of my early years of PC gaming. It is a new wild west of gaming. Be sure to bookmark TouchArcade!
it does feel like that, and I just checked out the bigger games on the app store, some of them are like 700 megs, will definitely be buying one with a larger capacity.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 07:10 PM   #17
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
it does feel like that, and I just checked out the bigger games on the app store, some of them are like 700 megs, will definitely be buying one with a larger capacity.
Good call, Rage HD is over a gig and I am sure that the UE3 based games are all going to be pretty beefy due to the more detailed assets.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 09:55 PM   #18
Serotonin
Lacking details

Serotonin is still being judged by the masses

Cool for phones, just don't get how all these games run so well on an iphone and people with a 8800 GTX can't run their pc counter-parts nearly as well.
Serotonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2010, 09:58 PM   #19
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrAg Of FuRy View Post
Cool for phones, just don't get how all these games run so well on an iphone and people with a 8800 GTX can't run their pc counter-parts nearly as well.
Crazy huh? Pick yourself up a newest gen iDevice and have some fun with us.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 10:08 PM   #20
Serotonin
Lacking details

Quote:
Crazy huh? Pick yourself up a newest gen iDevice and have some fun with us.
When Verizon decides to get an iphone, I shall.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 10:14 PM   #21
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
When Verizon decides to get an iphone, I shall.
Very soon my friend, very soon. It will support LTE as well.

There are also iTouch and iPad devices too, but I wouldn't want to have to carry two devices around, so I can understand waiting for an iPhone 4 on Verizon.

Last edited by pahncrd : Dec 24, 2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 06:39 PM   #22
Serotonin
Lacking details

what's the best version of itouch, I swore I read gen 3 has lower resolution, gen 4 is the way to go? How can I tell what gen I'm buying if I go to like a best buy?
Old Dec 28, 2010, 06:40 PM   #23
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
what's the best version of itouch, I swore I read gen 3 has lower resolution, gen 4 is the way to go? How can I tell what gen I'm buying if I go to like a best buy?
You'll know.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2010, 06:51 PM   #24
Serotonin
Lacking details

so all these games will be downloadable and work on an itouch? I'm such a n00b with anything apple.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 07:14 PM   #25
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
so all these games will be downloadable and work on an itouch? I'm such a n00b with anything apple.
Yup, just make sure you get the newest gen ipod touch so that you get that higher res display.

Old Dec 28, 2010, 07:58 PM   #26
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Yes, get an iTouch 4th gen for sure. It has a screen with 4x the resolution of the previous gens. It also has two cameras (one for facetime and one for pics and video), an internal gyroscope for better tilt control, a much better battery and the same faster processor that is in the iPad (clocked a bit lower though). Except no substitutes as the iTouch 4th gen will remain relevant for a hell of a lot longer than the 3rd gen, which frankly has a screen I wouldn't want to have to return to now.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 08:57 PM   #27
Serotonin
Lacking details

cool, thanks guys. Think I may be buying my first apple product soon!
Old Dec 28, 2010, 09:14 PM   #28
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
cool, thanks guys. Think I may be buying my first apple product soon!
Don't forget the KY
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2010, 10:33 PM   #29
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Don't forget the KY
It only hurts the first time, but then you start to enjoy it.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 02:25 PM   #30
logical
What is my purpose?

EA dropped 2 screens from the iPad version on their facebook to announce that the iPad version will launch simultaneously with the iPhone/iPod version.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...id=46940027345