Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Apr 20, 2019, 12:40 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Default Silent Buray drives for HTPC?

Hey guys, so I just received the BR players for my HTPC, but it seems it can only spin
full speed and nothing else, which is annoying when watching a movie.

Any idea how I can test it support various speeds?

CT30N from Hitachi LG...

As a reference, the Panasonic in my laptop spinds down fine, but it's a 9.5mm
as the HTPC requires a 12.7mm
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2019, 03:44 PM   #2
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Found this that helps:

https://www.the-sz.com/products/rimhillex/

So the drive works fine, I reached out to PowerDVD and see what they say.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 11:22 PM   #3
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Sounds like your drive has issues.

I have an ASUS bluray drive for my HTPC and I can barely hear it spinning up 2 feet in front of the case.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 21, 2019, 07:37 PM   #4
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

Yeah, I bought the drive new, but did not research much.
The drive is from 2010..... Does not support many features like silent read
or silent movie.

The drive I have in my laptop is Pana from 2016 and I dont even know it is spinning
with the puter on my lap.

The rimhill app works so that is that
Old May 9, 2019, 11:47 AM   #5
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

Welp, tried an Panasonic UJ260 is it is perfect.
It knows you have a movie in and is even more silent that the chassis fan.

Bluray: UJ160 12.7mm UJ162, 9.5mm
Bluray XL: UJ260 12.7mm, UJ262 9.5mm

Old May 9, 2019, 04:52 PM   #6
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Cool!
andino is offline   Reply With Quote