Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Oct 23, 2014, 09:52 AM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Apocalypsee
Radeon Sea Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Sky Force 2014

A HD remake of old games on old platform, still remember playing on S60 platform. This game looks absolutely gorgeous.

Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:53 PM   #152
Chuki
Radeon Evergreen

Chuki is still being judged by the masses

Installed on my S5 just fine.
Chuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2014, 07:57 AM   #153
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Stickman Basketball

Originally, the Stickman games were really good! The gameplay of this is actually pretty good. It's a little dumbed down as you would expect (i.e. it's not NBA2K), but the main issue are the forced adds. You can watch 4-5 minutes of adds up front which unlocks the game for 4-5 hours, or you are forced to watch adds after every 2 quarters of play. Either way, you are basically forced to watch adds at least every day.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 27, 2015, 05:00 PM   #154
Yceman
Radeon R600

Yceman is still being judged by the masses

I've been playing Sorcery lately and I gotta say this is one of the most interesting games I've played on my phone.

It's a RPG with a great focus on the story and choices you make. Be aware that it requires you to read a lot.

It's on Humble Bundle mobile right now, along with Sorcery 2
https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile

Yceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2015, 06:29 PM   #155
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yceman View Post
I've been playing Sorcery lately and I gotta say this is one of the most interesting games I've played on my phone.

It's a RPG with a great focus on the story and choices you make. Be aware that it requires you to read a lot.
That's because it is a CYOA book, lol. It is done really well though I agree. If you loved it, then get part two..... oh and then get 80 days and be really blown away. 80 days is by the same people and is so well done it got game of the year from TIME magazine, yeah a phone game which is a choose your own adventure book, got game of the year, that is how dope it is..
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2015, 05:45 PM   #156
Yceman
Radeon R600

Yceman is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
That's because it is a CYOA book, lol. It is done really well though I agree. If you loved it, then get part two..... oh and then get 80 days and be really blown away. 80 days is by the same people and is so well done it got game of the year from TIME magazine, yeah a phone game which is a choose your own adventure book, got game of the year, that is how dope it is..
Part 2 is in the humble bundle, so I'll play it soon.
And I'm gonna check 80 days out too. I've seen it in Amazon Appstore in the past but never looked into it.
Yceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2015, 04:14 PM   #157
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Any recommendations for some good free horror games? I'm on a Z3 Compact.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100 with 2 x Scythe GentleTyphoon 1850 rpm fans | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2016, 10:40 AM   #158
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

The trail

Kongregate-Link

Was more than surprised to learn that Peter friggin Molyneux was involved. Still an interesting lil game so far.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2016, 04:31 AM   #159
Apocalypsee
Radeon Sea Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

This thread is deserted. Some games I found entertaining:

Skyforce Reloaded. Continuation of the original games. Better than the original IMO but later stages are very tough and annoying

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic for Android is pretty good. I can use my PC savegame as well. A good classic to burn time. Since it's on my phone I took sweet time playing it, if its on my PC I will just speedrun through things

If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2016, 07:37 AM   #160
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

there are a lot of very good games out on android, but, as usual, it absolutely depends on your personal taste.

For example, i really loved the old Final Fantasy games, especially FF Tactics. So i also like "Fantasy War Tactics" which looks and feels a lot like the old FF Tactics.

However, if you never played / liked the old ones, you also won't like the new ones.

Another one i absolutely love is "Rayman Adventures", which is a platformer, not everyone likes these kind of games.

Personally i'd say they both look stunning and have awesome soundtracks. But, as already said, that's just my opinion.

Aside from the big names there are always some little gems that never get the attention they'd deserve, like "Alto" for example.

Or older games like "Beast Quest".

Hell, even Kindom Hearts is available for android devices nowadays. Also, there is a big difference if you try to play some games on a normal smartphone to playing it on a tablet. Some games are literally unplayable on a small screen while other doing just fine.

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Old Nov 23, 2016, 01:24 PM   #161
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Since I grabbed the NVidia Shield K1 tablet and gamepad, I've been going towards more twin stick games lately. These aren't new, but I've been enjoying them:

Xenowerk

Space Marshals 1 & 2

Reckless Racing 2 & 3

Yea, I've been all over the Pixelbite games...
Old Nov 24, 2016, 06:31 AM   #162
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

those are nice, but almost unplayable without a gamepad (like a lot of games lately).

Old Dec 1, 2016, 08:53 AM   #163
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

PinOut - Endless pinball style game, really fun.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.pinout&hl=en

I've also been playing KOTOR, amazing to see PC games on my phone, and have them work well!

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2016, 03:11 AM   #164
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Torchlight

Old Dec 6, 2016, 07:49 AM   #165
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

tried space marshals 2. Nice lil timewaster, the difficulty ramps up very quickly. Thx for the tip!

Old Dec 6, 2016, 08:19 AM   #166
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
tried space marshals 2. Nice lil timewaster, the difficulty ramps up very quickly. Thx for the tip!
Yep. It's one of those that probably really does need a controller at some point, but it's good to see how well mobile games can be done.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 08:42 AM   #167
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

i also never needed any weapon (so far), if you play careful you simply can take down every enemy without them. Might change later on though, i dunno

Old Dec 6, 2016, 08:49 AM   #168
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
i also never needed any weapon (so far), if you play careful you simply can take down every enemy without them. Might change later on though, i dunno
I haven't played the second one yet, but there are definitely enemies (essentially bosses) in the first one that you cannot take down without weapons.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 08:02 AM   #169
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
PinOut - Endless pinball style game, really fun.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.pinout&hl=en
Started playing this a little. This is pretty cool!
Old Dec 28, 2016, 04:58 PM   #170
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

oh, and another awesome one

Old Jan 3, 2017, 05:21 AM   #171
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Got me Crashlands, man that thing is addicting.

Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:45 AM   #172
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Jewel Pop Mania:Match 3 Puzzle

Probably one of the best match 3 games out there. It is plagued with adds and you can purchase an ad-free version (which I did). It does have some basic problems like progress not being saved at times which is frustrating, but it's addictively fun.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 01:04 PM   #173
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

looks a lot like Ice Age

Old May 2, 2017, 02:30 PM   #174
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

mynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Got me Crashlands, man that thing is addicting.

i bought this too
Old May 2, 2017, 02:38 PM   #175
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

mynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Torchlight

still not released for droid yet! arrrggh
Old May 3, 2017, 06:12 AM   #176
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Default Crashlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynakedrat2 View Post
i bought this too
sadly it gets a bit grindy later on, but hey for the prize (3 bucks) it was a no-brainer.

Old May 13, 2017, 12:16 AM   #177
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

Default lightseekers

This game is like a wow for mobile.
it will also be releasing collectible figures with weapons and enhancements that connect to your game via bluetooth and camera. I have been playing it all week, you run into places where you need the other character, a certain weapon, or an actual toy to proceed.
the world is huge, and quite the story. individual areas, which are ginormous, are connected with portals
tons of side quests. I am currently on lvl12. there are even cards that are currently online that you can scan right off the breowser, and get in game items.
Its a great time waster, and i like what is going on with the kickstarter, the ideas they have put into this game goes beyond sylanders/amiibo etc. very neat, and really fun to play.
Old May 14, 2017, 06:44 AM   #178
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

https://www.lightseekers.com

So it's basically a mobile game with physical figures and cards.

It looks kinda neat but it sounds like "pay (for the game) .... then pay again (for the cards) ....then pay again and again (figures)...."

So basically Skylanders for mobile. I'm not sure if that's a good idea, of course, if done right, they will sell like hotcakes. Personally i'm not a fan of that kind of mix, but hey, different blokes ya know....

Old Jul 27, 2017, 08:52 AM   #179
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

available today!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...slegends&hl=en

Card game, comparable and supposedly better than hearthstone. I am still downloading.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 01:48 PM   #180
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

if you like hearthstone, then you'll love TES for sure.