Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Apr 25, 2006, 08:08 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Top PSP hacker stumped by firmware 2.7?

http://pspupdates.qj.net/Fanjita-con...g/49/aid/29201

I had always heard that there is no such thing as uncrackable code. Fanjita says that getting the Sony encryption key is impossible. Is this an overstatement?

BTW, I'm a programming n00b, so bear with me.
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2006, 01:39 AM   #2
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

there is nothing in the world that is impossible to crack

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2006, 05:11 AM   #3
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy
There's just how much time a person wants to fumble way cracking it.

From the sounds of it the guys that have been till now, have seemly have lost interest. Or at least thats how it sounds to be from that link.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 26, 2006, 03:23 PM   #4
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

sooo whats the last version that is popped open for use with homebrew? Could i wander into any store tommorow, pick a PSP up and easily downgrade its firmware?
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2006, 03:44 PM   #5
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

^2.6. You'll need GTA: LCS to do it.

If not, 1.5 and under can work homebrew without GTA.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 03:04 AM   #6
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

you can run GTA and other assorted UMD's on 1.5 firmware
Xiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2006, 03:41 AM   #7
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy
Besides an atom!

Oh wait.

Old Apr 27, 2006, 10:52 PM   #8
Takezo
Tech Ninja

Takezo is still being judged by the masses

The feirce need to hombrew must mean that PSP games suck that badly. It's true that you could copy a game to memory stick , but you need a 2GB stick and it will only hold one game. With 2GB stick costing as much as a PSP it's self, buying the game is far easier.
Takezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2006, 12:40 AM   #9
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takezo
The feirce need to hombrew must mean that PSP games suck that badly. It's true that you could copy a game to memory stick , but you need a 2GB stick and it will only hold one game. With 2GB stick costing as much as a PSP it's self, buying the game is far easier.
no psp game is anywhere near 2gb size...
the most I have seen is 1.2gb and thats GTA I think

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2006, 02:04 AM   #10
Andrew275
Jeff Lange

Andrew275 is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Fanjita's just saying that the only way to run homebrew the "official" way is to have Sony's key. This is true, and has been the case since I think Firmware 1.5. They've been relying on bugs in the code to be able to make an exploit.

Takezo, I don't think that's the case. It just means it's nice to have more options when it comes to games and programs to run on the PSP. I mean, people worked fiercly on cracking the Xbox too; it didn't mean there were no good games for it.
Andrew275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2006, 10:18 PM   #11
a little boy
Radeon R700

a little boy is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takezo
The feirce need to hombrew must mean that PSP games suck that badly.
Indeed. My thoughts exactly...people seem to care more about the homebrew than the games, even so called "gamers" who complain about the PS3 having too many features and being picky about having to pay for things they don't need. Seems to me the PSP still has a lot of catching up to do in terms of being a gaming machine whereas the DS is just a breath of fresh air. I doubt I would ever buy a PSP whereas I'm seriously considering a DS.
a little boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2006, 10:43 PM   #12
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Thats stupid logic. Personally I love homebrew for the various free apps the pop up(FilePlayers and Browsers to name 2 off the top of my head). A lack of native content is rarely ever the push behind say an emulator anyway. Most of the time is more simple like "Man it would be cool to play gen's GunStar Hero's where ever I go". Same reason retro game packs are so popular.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2006, 06:53 PM   #13
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by a little boy
Indeed. My thoughts exactly...people seem to care more about the homebrew than the games, even so called "gamers" who complain about the PS3 having too many features and being picky about having to pay for things they don't need. Seems to me the PSP still has a lot of catching up to do in terms of being a gaming machine whereas the DS is just a breath of fresh air. I doubt I would ever buy a PSP whereas I'm seriously considering a DS.
So would you say the same about the XBOX and instead seriously consider a Gamecube?

I've seen so many people run on about their XBOX MCE so much and never mention any actual gaming they do on it. And its not because XBOX games suck.
Old May 23, 2006, 07:17 PM   #14
jimmt
Trumpification

jimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird sings

I am a PSP newbie and I updated to 2.7 only to find out that I can't do emu's now

Jim
MSI Z87M Gaming|Intel i7 4770k |16GB DDR3 PC3 12800|XFX RX470 4GB | 6TB HDD |Windows 10 Pro
Laptop
Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Windows 10 Pro
VR
HPWMR / PSVR
Consoles
Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBONEX|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Genesis
Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.
jimmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2006, 09:18 PM   #15
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

^Yeah, you can't, but you can play some flash games now. Also, PS1 game emulator is coming officially from Sony this summer. FFVII anyone?
Old May 24, 2006, 07:58 AM   #16
jimmt
Trumpification

jimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidavi
^Yeah, you can't, but you can play some flash games now. Also, PS1 game emulator is coming officially from Sony this summer. FFVII anyone?
I am interested in how that would work. Will sony provide software to rip the CD game to memory stick, or is Sony going to sell PS1 games on UMD?

Jim
MSI Z87M Gaming|Intel i7 4770k |16GB DDR3 PC3 12800|XFX RX470 4GB | 6TB HDD |Windows 10 Pro
Laptop
Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Windows 10 Pro
VR
HPWMR / PSVR
Consoles
Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBONEX|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Genesis
Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.
jimmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2006, 11:18 AM   #17
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmt
I am interested in how that would work. Will sony provide software to rip the CD game to memory stick, or is Sony going to sell PS1 games on UMD?

Jim
you'll be able to purchase them online and download them to your MS Duo. PS1 ISOs are relatively small.
Old May 26, 2006, 10:41 PM   #18
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
you'll be able to purchase them online and download them to your MS Duo. PS1 ISOs are relatively small.
you know this for a fact? I dealt with PS1 ISOs for my PDA gaming and they can be quite large (500MB).

FF7 is like 3 discs. They may find a better way to compress the FMVs to make it tak up a lot elss space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2006, 12:28 PM   #19
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrax
you know this for a fact? I dealt with PS1 ISOs for my PDA gaming and they can be quite large (500MB).

FF7 is like 3 discs. They may find a better way to compress the FMVs to make it tak up a lot elss space.
I said relatively small. Sure some can be large, but a lot of them can be a lot smaller than 500MB. I dealt with PS1 ISOs too.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 02:42 AM   #20
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
I said relatively small. Sure some can be large, but a lot of them can be a lot smaller than 500MB. I dealt with PS1 ISOs too.
i recall tactis being 500MB but taking out the fmvs on some games would only leave 50MB left :gleh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote