Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Oct 22, 2007, 08:01 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
jackal1776

jackal1776 is still being judged by the masses

Post Replace ATI Mobility Radeon x1700 with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600

Hello,

First able, I would like to say this is a very nice and effective forum for informations on the up-to-date ATI products. Second, I would like to find out if it is possible for me to replace my card (which is ATI Mobility Radeon x1700) with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600. This replacement plan is of course for my laptop which is the Asus series. I have never attempted to do that nor do I know if it is physically possible for any laptops. Here are the following specs for my laptop:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16834220115R

In the specifications, I have 2 GB RAM instead of 1 (I just upgraded it) and the Video memory is 512 MB instead of 256 MB. The rest are exactly same. If you have any informations on it or think it is possible to do, please post your response. Thank you for your time.

P.S. Blast I have no idea what had happened to my post that I was trying to make earlier. I apologize if it is made in a wrong sections or if it had been discussed previously.

Regards
jackal1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 12:43 PM   #2
spyre
ATI Beta Tester

spyre is still being judged by the masses

No its not updatable, thats one of the drawbacks of laptops.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 01:27 PM   #3
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal1776 View Post
I would like to find out if it is possible for me to replace my card (which is ATI Mobility Radeon x1700) with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600. This replacement plan is of course for my laptop which is the Asus series. I have never attempted to do that nor do I know if it is physically possible for any laptops.
I'm in the same situation. My laptop has a Mobility Radeon 9600, which runs most games very well, and I'm very happy with it. However, there's the inevitable need to upgrade, and I'd love to keep my laptop and just upgrade the video card. Sadly, I know of no way to do it.

Oh, and welcome to Rage.
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 23, 2007, 01:37 PM   #4
Dwarden
Bohemia Interactive

Dwarden can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDwarden can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

erm spyre it should be possible if it's using modular chip design ...

sry i forgot the abbrev name but most of cheap NB don't use that anyway
needed CCC features == online up2date Game profiles or ALL features of ATT / RadeonPro (if you fail deliver don't even try say You got technical advantage)
Dwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 01:52 PM   #5
DnL
HD3850 AGP 512MB

DnL is still being judged by the masses

Lightbulb

yeah both Dell and Alienware have laptop models that allow you to upgrade the video card (video module). That asus has the X1700 soldered into the system board, so there goes your chance of upgrade, like mine
Old Nov 10, 2007, 12:23 PM   #6
jackal1776

jackal1776 is still being judged by the masses

Thank you very much for your kind replies. Oh well...I guess its time to upgrade my PC then instead of the laptop.

P.S. Blast just realized that I made a dupe post. Can someone delete This thread please?
jackal1776 is offline   Reply With Quote