Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Dec 19, 2020, 11:32 AM   #721
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Bass View Post
Whilst Kennedy has been overseeing production for the recent trilogy as well as The Mandalorian, I'm not sure how actively involved she has been in terms of plots, characters, etc... It doesn't seem right, IMO, to have the attitude that as President of Lucasfilm, she is therefore directly responsible for everything the company produces
So, you are saying she's only responsible for when something sucks, but when it's good, it's someone else's kudos?
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2020, 11:49 AM   #722
12Bass
Quantum Bleep

12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
So, you are saying she's only responsible for when something sucks, but when it's good, it's someone else's kudos?
No, I'm saying that just because she's the president doesn't mean she's necessarily responsible for all of the creative decisions or deserves either kudos or credit for them. Perhaps she's taken a more active role in some productions than others? But if Kennedy directly steered a given production and it sucked, then yes, she should be held responsible.

I haven't looked into it very deeply, though the article I posted showed that she definitely took an active role in steering the new movie trilogy. I don't know how involved Kennedy has been in The Mandalorian. So, it comes down to giving the credit to the people who were most directly involved in making each production, whoever that might be. Perhaps she took a more hands-off approach and let Favreau and Filoni do their thing... I dunno?
Old Dec 19, 2020, 11:57 AM   #723
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Honestly .. that's how it goes for most people in a position of leadership.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 19, 2020, 12:00 PM   #724
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Short of being told proper producer credits Im not sure we can say how involved she was in any SW shows or not...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527338...f_=tt_ov_st_sm

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8111088...=tt_cl_sm#cast

On mando shes listed as executive producer but on TROS shes listed as producer... not exactly good enought info info to know how hands on one is...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.2.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.2.2. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2020, 12:59 PM   #725
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
No, I'm saying that just because she's the president doesn't mean she's necessarily responsible for all of the creative decisions or deserves either kudos or credit for them. Perhaps she's taken a more active role in some productions than others? But if Kennedy directly steered a given production and it sucked, then yes, she should be held responsible.
Even if she "okay'd" the direction others wanted to go, then she had a hand in it. At the end of the day, we need to thank and/or blame the "team" involved which she is a part of.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 01:09 PM   #726
12Bass
Quantum Bleep

12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

This comes to mind... however, personally, I'd rather look into things a bit more closely, and give credit or criticism to the most involved parties, than just say that Kennedy is responsible for everything.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 01:13 PM   #727
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

Kennedy is intimate with everything at Lucasfilm.

Everything.

A little louder for the back.

EVERYTHING.

Good or bad.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2020, 01:18 PM   #728
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
The only reason The Mandalorian has been so good is because Kennedy hasn't been a part of it. If you want to give her credit for anything, it's for the fact she was smart enough to realize how disgustingly awful the newest trilogy was. The trilogy she was very involved with.

As far as I understand, she's been much more laissez-faire with the Mandalorian and Favreau/Filoni.

These two guys understand Star Wars and know how to shape stories, plots, and characters that fit the universe. I'm amazed at how awesome The Clone Wars animated series is; I'm currently binging through it for the first time.

Either way; giving Kennedy credit for The Mandalorian success is comical and is a real effort to take away from the complete 180 Favreau was able to do for the franchise.
My point exactly.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2020, 01:19 PM   #729
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
This comes to mind... however, personally, I'd rather look into things a bit more closely, and give credit or criticism to the most involved parties, than just say that Kennedy is responsible for everything.
Unless you are part of the actual project, you will never actually know who is doing what. With that, you can either make assumptions (and there is a saying about assumptions), or treat the projects based on their "teams".
Old Dec 19, 2020, 01:19 PM   #730
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post

Everything.

A little louder for the back.

EVERYTHING.

Good or bad.
Yeah but thanks for ignoring our points through.

yoz
Old Dec 19, 2020, 01:23 PM   #731
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Unless you are part of the actual project, you will never actually know who is doing what. With that, you can either make assumptions (and there is a saying about assumptions), or treat the projects based on their "teams".
That's not correct, look at the credits and see how many times F and F names come up. This is their show.

yoz
Old Dec 19, 2020, 01:24 PM   #732
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
That's not correct, look at the credits and see how many times F and F names come up. This is their show.
Unless you are at the top, you answer to someone. Someone is deciding yes or no. F & F answer to others, it's not exactly "free reign" as those persons above them are responsible for the bottom line. That's how business and the world works.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 01:27 PM   #733
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Unless you are at the top, you answer to someone. Someone is deciding yes or no. F & F answer to others, it's not exactly "free reign" as those persons above them are responsible for the bottom line. That's how business and the world works.
Show it to me, link me to something that backs up your position. Show me what exactly Kennedy does on the day to day running of the show or the creative team.

yoz
Old Dec 19, 2020, 01:29 PM   #734
12Bass
Quantum Bleep

Quote:
Well, I don't actually know who exactly did what. What we got from Favreau and Filoni definitely has a different feel than the theatrical films. How much of that was due to Favreau and Filoni and how much was Kennedy? I dunno... but we certainly didn't get Favreau and Filoni style Star Wars from the Disney SW films. There are probably articles available somewhere that detail the creative and decision making process involved. I don't think using a general business analogy is very helpful here.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 01:31 PM   #735
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Well, I don't actually know who exactly did what. What we got from Favreau and Filoni definitely has a different feel than the theatrical films. How much of that was due to Favreau and Filoni and how much was Kennedy? I dunno... but we certainly didn't get Favreau and Filoni style Star Wars from the Disney SW films. There are probably articles available somewhere that detail the creative and decision making process involved. I don't think using a general business analogy is very helpful here.
What the man said.

Bass and I on the same side, for a change.

yoz
Old Dec 19, 2020, 01:45 PM   #736
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

I enjoyed the finale. But, I don’t feel it was that great. The ending was as predictable as any you could possibly imagine. It’s been telegraphed for nearly 2 episodes. The only reveal was which Jedi appears. I actually don’t like the choice of “who” myself. Thought it was cool. But, it’s pure fan service and probably the last time we ever see this same Jedi in this series. I really didn’t like the one man super trooper destroyer run at the end either It lacked any sort of drama at all. The idea that next season may embark in a totally different direction is much more interesting to me than the last big reveal. Will Mando lead the Mandalorians? They have a full cruiser is he going to join them. Is the helmet off now for good? And the Boba spin off looks dumb as all heck...
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2020, 01:52 PM   #737
12Bass
Quantum Bleep

At the end, I was hoping that the trap door would fall open and reveal a new rancor that ate Boba Fett... given that he miraculously survived the sarlacc.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 01:52 PM   #738
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
Well, I don't actually know who exactly did what. What we got from Favreau and Filoni definitely has a different feel than the theatrical films. How much of that was due to Favreau and Filoni and how much was Kennedy? I dunno... but we certainly didn't get Favreau and Filoni style Star Wars from the Disney SW films.
And what's different between the Mandalorian and the SW films since that came out of the same leadership? The directors...
Old Dec 20, 2020, 09:24 AM   #739
necropimp
WRAAAA!!!!!

necropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
At the end, I was hoping that the trap door would fall open and reveal a new rancor that ate Boba Fett... given that he miraculously survived the sarlacc.
i was expecting the trap door to drop and boba to fire the jetpack before blasting bib fatuna

all hail Boba the Fett
Old Dec 20, 2020, 09:45 AM   #740
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
And what's different between the Mandalorian and the SW films since that came out of the same leadership? The directors...
The creative team of which Favreau and Feloni are a close part of as well as the direction.

yoz
Old Dec 20, 2020, 01:14 PM   #741
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
The creative team of which Favreau and Feloni are a close part of as well as the direction.
Sure, but that's not the point. These series are all under the same leadership that provided the last 3 motion pictures. What it appears to me is that the leadership is allowing the creative teams to sink or swim with their ideas rather than directly meddling.

However, it's obvious that the added grittiness that Mandalorian has provided is what those who have grown up with Star Wars have been seeking. Star Wars in the past always had more indirect violence where the Mandalorian has stormtroopers getting strangled and necks broken. I doubt we'll them take that level of violence to the big screen, but only time will tell.

The other thing I find interesting is while people are saying the Mandalorian is really following "Star Wars lore", it appears they are mostly lifting scenes and scenarios from the various Star Wars games that have come out. While I never played them, several members here have called out multiple scenes/episodes that were lifted from those titles. Is that good or bad? I'm not saying either but it does question some of this "creativity" and how long can they keep it up.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 02:07 PM   #742
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
Even with Baby Yoda?

That's muppet pedophilia right there!
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2020, 05:06 PM   #743
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Sure, but that's not the point. These series are all under the same leadership that provided the last 3 motion pictures. What it appears to me is that the leadership is allowing the creative teams to sink or swim with their ideas rather than directly
No, that is the point actually and you and others are ignoring it on purpose. I'll say this again, show me evidence of Kennedys contributions to this show other than green lighting it and ill STFU but your opinion is not fact. What the credits say out weights that.

yoz
Old Dec 20, 2020, 09:16 PM   #744
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
No, that is the point actually and you and others are ignoring it on purpose. I'll say this again, show me evidence of Kennedys contributions to this show other than green lighting it and ill STFU but your opinion is not fact. What the credits say out weights that.
That proof swings both ways and this is dumbest thing ever... It's like saying "prove to me aliens don't exist"....
Old Dec 20, 2020, 09:30 PM   #745
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Watching this show made me want to watch all the movies now and actually learn the backstory. Now to make sense of all the jumping around and figure out what order to watch everything in.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2020, 09:39 PM   #746
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
That proof swings both ways and this is dumbest thing ever... It's like saying "prove to me aliens don't exist"....
You are making a claim, I asked for a link. I said I look at the credits to see who does what.

yoz
Old Dec 20, 2020, 10:18 PM   #747
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
You are making a claim, I asked for a link. I said I look at the credits to see who does what.
lol, you know darn well that doesn't prove anything. No one "here" is sitting in those session, inside those pitches, in those meetings or on any of those phone calls.. You really believe all that is capture in "credits"? lol.. Believe what you want to believe, I could care less but I have a bridge for sale when you are ready...
Old Dec 20, 2020, 10:42 PM   #748
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
lol, you know darn well that doesn't prove anything. No one "here" is sitting in those session, inside those pitches, in those meetings or on any of those phone calls.. You really believe all that is capture in "credits"? lol.. Believe what you want to believe, I could care less but I have a bridge for sale when you are ready...
So then how can you claim that Kennedy has done anything more than ok the production of the show? No need to get nasty, just tell me what you know.

yoz
Old Dec 20, 2020, 11:27 PM   #749
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Giving credit to women is bad. Unless they make a good sandwich. Then you can credit that poonani.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2020, 09:32 AM   #750
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
So then how can you claim that Kennedy has done anything more than ok the production of the show? No need to get nasty, just tell me what you know.
I never made such a claim. You need to read back through this thread.