Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 16, 2019, 06:14 AM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Friend gave me a copy and I've played about 1.5 hours. So far I'm surprised at how many bugs it has. Really basic things like audio not working when you talk to people and even my weapons didn't work in the first area (wtf?). It just seems like issues that should not exist in the first hour of a game by a AAA studio. id software are usually pretty good at keeping things polished.

The story is awful at the start, the tone alternates from jokey to serious with poor results. Characters are bad. Dialogue is partly to blame.

Can you turn off the constant popups? I absolutely LOATHE that the game freezes the action and shows me something of a tutorial on the GUI. It happens far too often and it's something that blood dragon made a parody of. Open ark crate? Popup. Clear area? popup. Head to town? trader popup. First pit stop? popup. Weapon upgrade? popup. Vehicle combat? popup. SO MANY POPUPS.

FPS combat is okay so far, but I really haven't got the hang of it yet. Driving around is fine and it's cool that the car has a personality.

Mouse sensitivity was exceptionally low for me. 100% is barely fast enough and I'm usually middle of the road for sensitivity. Can't navigate some menus with the mouse, which is just weak. Game doesn't look too bad with some tweaks.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 06:27 AM   #182
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

What tweaks? Game looks like ass.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 06:47 AM   #183
ATI FURY-OUS
WYSIWYG

ATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

looked meh on the review videos iv seen.

the fact its not made by ID sofware means no new innovations so its the same old same as rage 1
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 16, 2019, 06:59 AM   #184
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

No it is not Rage. It is Mad Max.
Old May 16, 2019, 11:09 AM   #185
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
What tweaks? Game looks like ass.
Def needs a high res texture pack
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 11:24 AM   #186
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
No it is not Rage. It is Mad Max.
Which begs the question, can only buy one, which will it be....

Rage 2 or Mad Max?
Old May 16, 2019, 11:30 AM   #187
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Do you want to shoot people or batman them to death?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 12:05 PM   #188
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Do you want to shoot people or batman them to death?
Old May 16, 2019, 06:50 PM   #189
KAC
That postcount though...

Because Avalanche dumbass studios said so.
Old May 16, 2019, 08:27 PM   #190
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

The Focus abilities add so much flavor to the combat, I'm really starting to wonder whether it was a mistake to hide them in Arks all over the world instead of giving them to players right from the get-go. I think it would've been better if the Arks just contained weapons, or maybe rare resources (since even the weapons themselves are quite important).
Old May 17, 2019, 11:30 PM   #191
KAC
That postcount though...

There is no flavor to the combat. Focus abilities are such a chore. What a below average game. I will complete it just because I don’t have any shooters to play but the game is average at best. Between this and Anthem I am really experiencing some of the worst gaming this year. Honestly if you haven’t purchased don’t bother. If you want Doom, wait for Doom.

I have tried all options and game still looks like utter ass. Seriously, wtf is wrong with people releasing 2014 graphics in 2019. At least with Anthem graphics are bearable.
Old May 18, 2019, 06:03 PM   #192
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
There is no flavor to the combat. Focus abilities are such a chore. What a below average game. I will complete it just because I don’t have any shooters to play but the game is average at best. Between this and Anthem I am really experiencing some of the worst gaming this year. Honestly if you haven’t purchased don’t bother. If you want Doom, wait for Doom.

I have tried all options and game still looks like utter ass. Seriously, wtf is wrong with people releasing 2014 graphics in 2019. At least with Anthem graphics are bearable.
C'mon man, the slam is fun as HELL!
Old May 18, 2019, 06:38 PM   #193
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
C'mon man, the slam is fun as HELL!
Just got that one last night - it is a fun ability!
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2019, 08:28 PM   #194
KAC
That postcount though...

I haven’t gotten slam yet.
Old May 19, 2019, 09:22 PM   #195
KAC
That postcount though...

Played a lot more and got some more powers plus guns. Still tons of collectathons to do but overall a very mediocre experience. Actually going through main missions would have been a 5 hour game tops. But they padded the crap out of this one. Enjoying it somewhat now. Got maybe 2 missions left. Net net should be done by today or tomorrow and then insta uninstall.

Thus far rating is below:

Story 2/10
Gameplay 7/10
Gunplay 6/10
Graphics 4/10
Mission design 2/10
Sound 3/10
Music 4/10

Overall maybe 4/5 out of 10
Old May 20, 2019, 12:09 PM   #196
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Whatever game looks great at times

Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2019, 12:26 PM   #197
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Whatever game looks great at times

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2019, 12:48 PM   #198
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The city remains in the jungle area looks amazing.
Old May 20, 2019, 01:20 PM   #199
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

The game is super short. I have finished in about 3-4 sessions and thats with doing a bunch of side stuff and finding all the powers and arks. I enjoyed my time with it.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM   #200
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Kind of feels like they ran out of time after they designed the wellspring missions and copy pasted the rest of the campaign.

It was a good thing that the abilities and shootbang remained fun throughout the entire game.

And for not having chests and data pads shoving up when you use focus, that should have been the final upgrades for the tracker tree.

Last edited by Mangler : Yesterday at 01:46 PM.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:10 PM   #201
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

I am not surprised the game is short - all the Just Cause games were that way. Regardless, I am having fun with the game - there are a lot of side activities to do.
Old Yesterday, 10:54 PM   #202
KAC
That postcount though...

Finished it. 6/10.
Old Yesterday, 11:53 PM   #203
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

glad I passed on this one
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote