Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Feb 23, 2021, 06:14 AM   #1771
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Bitch coin be falling. Needs to hit 40K.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2021, 07:31 AM   #1772
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Needs to fall lower. I need cheap coin. More importantly the fees are through the roof. Some sweet mining $$$
Old Feb 23, 2021, 03:33 PM   #1773
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
There is precious little we actually need to survive and if some people had their way we'd be back to spending winters holed up in a teepee to avoid use of resources.

The interesting thing to me is that bitcoin has some disadvantages. Disadvantages that other alt-coins address. Yet it continues to maintain supremacy in the market, at least in part because it was the first. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next 10-20 years.

I CPU mine XMR on monero ocean. I also mine ETH and am paid in XMR there as well.
https://moneroocean.stream/

They have a version of xmrig that switches algos and has no dev fee. I highly recommend you look into this.
https://moneroocean.blogspot.com

There is a discord server as well.
https://discord.gg/ek3qCV8U

See above sir.
Thanks, I'll check it out.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 24, 2021, 01:04 PM   #1774
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Thermal pads are sold out everywhere, need to replace the cheap **** on my gpu.

I want to mine at. Normal speed but not above 100'c tjunction.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 01:10 PM   #1775
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I ordered massive sinks for mine: https://www.amazon.ae/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also a massive thermal pad.
https://www.amazon.ae/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I put my Corsair ML120 fan on the back side of the card for now and brought temps down from 106 C to 96 C. I may add another fan until I get the pads plus sinks.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 01:10 PM   #1776
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Is there a reason why there are no dedicated mining GPUs? Call it the mGPU?

No graphics other than 2D, mining only.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2021, 01:22 PM   #1777
KAC

Last time they delved into it, they sold out fast but the resale value was crap so later on no demand for those cards. They are hoping to launch more this time as well but not sure by when and for how much.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 02:10 PM   #1778
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I ordered massive sinks for mine: https://www.amazon.ae/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also a massive thermal pad.
https://www.amazon.ae/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I put my Corsair ML120 fan on the back side of the card for now and brought temps down from 106 C to 96 C. I may add another fan until I get the pads plus sinks.
I need 2mm for front, and 3mm for back, yet both of those are out of stock.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 02:13 PM   #1779
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Maybe watercooling your backplates would be a good idea?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2021, 03:49 PM   #1780
KAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Maybe watercooling your backplates would be a good idea?
Not indulging in custom loop. Honestly 90-100 junction temp is absolutely fine. My mem chips are 70-80 C. That junction just needs more love. With some padding and sinks plus fan it should be fine.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 07:10 PM   #1781
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The 3060/70 GDDR6 are all fine..
3080 EVGA ftw3 ultra gaming fine mem temp. 96c
Asus 3090s all fine.
EVGA ftw3 ultra gaming super duper fine @98c mem for 2+ months without stop.
3090 gigabyte = doggie doodoo. Gigabyte has lost my GPU respect. Hits 105c VRAM and throttles after you tell it to load 1 pixel on the screen.

What world is this where my Zotac card outperforms Gigabyte? I always assumed Zotac was the bottom of the barrel AIB?
Old Feb 25, 2021, 12:05 AM   #1782
KAC

Gay you need to pad those up and put heat sinks. Otherwise that shite gonna blow.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 12:53 AM   #1783
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Not indulging in custom loop. Honestly 90-100 junction temp is absolutely fine. My mem chips are 70-80 C. That junction just needs more love. With some padding and sinks plus fan it should be fine.
You may want to check what the backplate and pads actually make contact with, it may be more than just memory chips. I haven't looked on this card but my 2080ti backplate cooled a lot more than Vram alone. I do believe sinks will do a better job, just saying you might need to add a few more than expected.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 01:01 AM   #1784
KAC

Ofcourse. I have gotten 145X145X1.5 mm pads. I also have pads lying around from my 980 Ti classified block. The heatsinks are also 50X100X12.7 so plenty of surface area. I will try different configs. It is mining like a champ but was crashing in games. That hasn't happened for past 12+ hours so I am going to keep seeing where the issue is. Thus far, nothing hints towards the card itself as being the problem.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 01:04 AM   #1785
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Cool bananas, I might do the same if your results are good.

What are your power figures in GPU-Z? Total board, slot, 8-pins.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 01:31 AM   #1786
KAC

Damn, crashed again 30 mins into CW.
Power figures are 420-450 watts. Slot is typically 74-78 watts. Third 8 pin typically is below hundred but the others routinely hit 130-150. Volts are also 0.9-1.0 when gaming/mining etc. I do see highest idle volts at 1.081.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 03:54 AM   #1787
demo
space cadet

What are your figures if you run Kombustor at 4k?

Not furmark doughnut test, just the 'msi-01' test. It's a little more realistic on GPU.

https://www.geeks3d.com/furmark/kombustor/downloads/

And 150W on the 8-pins?! Hrmm

EDIT: continue in 3080 thread
Old Feb 26, 2021, 06:59 PM   #1788
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Welp we definitely saw the inevitable correction after how fast it was rising for nearly a month

BUY BUY BUY lol

Things like this though is why I'm still in

Last edited by curio : Feb 26, 2021 at 07:20 PM.
curio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2021, 09:11 AM   #1789
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

68c memory junction temperature on this 6900xt while running phoenixminer 5.5c. 63 MH.

Definitely not skerd of high temps at this point. GPU junction temp is 54c.

No reason to be concerned whatsoever of any mining related 'damage' to the device.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2021, 09:12 AM   #1790
KAC

63 MH is about same as my 3070
Old Feb 28, 2021, 11:30 AM   #1791
KAC

43 Gs now. This thing crashing like Titanic.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 12:24 PM   #1792
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
43 Gs now. This thing crashing like my 3090.
Sorry, couldn't resist, too easy.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2021, 09:48 PM   #1793
KAC

So a report after almost 3 weeks of mining. I do on and off mining plus was without a card for a few days in between. Started on 7th of February and in the short month I managed to score a little over $200 (at $45K rate). I also checked my electricity bill and the increase was barely noticeable (maybe $20) but that includes A/C usage that would’ve happened regardless. So overall, pretty satisfied with this. February is just an indication and if things continue as they were (which they won’t) then it seems $350-400 should be doable per month. My target is to really try and make at least $2700 boners with this ordeal. This would imply that I have paid off all incremental costs of purchasing hardware this year ($1430 for kid’s computer, $770 for my 3090, and $500 for my 5900X).

That is the only motivation to get back in this shite.