Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jan 18, 2011, 02:58 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default Here comes MS Office to iPhone (One Note)

Maybe not, but this is a start. My favorite Office app now available in the App store.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/onenote/id410395246?mt=8
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2011, 03:10 PM   #2
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Sweet, thanks for the heads up. Downloaded and installed. I'll play with it a bit tonight, always making notes and lists on the default notepad on my iPhone and ipad. I'm sure it will come in handy!
Old Jan 18, 2011, 03:43 PM   #3
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I just use my laptop when I need to take notes in OneNote I can't see how an iPhone would be better than that...
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 18, 2011, 04:05 PM   #4
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I just use my laptop when I need to take notes in OneNote I can't see how an iPhone would be better than that...
Damn man, give it a rest will ya? It just gets annoying after a while, you know?
Old Jan 18, 2011, 04:23 PM   #5
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Damn man, give it a rest will ya? It just gets annoying after a while, you know?
What? I wouldn't want OneNote on my Droid either.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 04:36 PM   #6
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Wow. Just wow. Are you THAT anti-Apple? Good lord man. Get a woman.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 05:12 PM   #7
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

sigh... of course. Server errors. Can't even use it. It's trying to sync something that I don't have. I don't keep One Note stuff on MS Servers. Microsoft at its finest.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 05:15 PM   #8
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
sigh... of course. Server errors. Can't even use it. It's trying to sync something that I don't have. I don't keep One Note stuff on MS Servers. Microsoft at its finest.
Yeah, same here. I enter my windows live id and it says connection error. I've never used One Note before, so I wasn't sure if I had to set up some sort of account first.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 05:15 PM   #9
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Wow. Just wow. Are you THAT anti-Apple? Good lord man. Get a woman.
Are you that pro-Apple that a simple comment inferring I wouldn't want OneNote on a phone is instantly anti-Apple?

P. S. I've got a woman, and don't have the issue of having nasty bathroom sex with an ex.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 05:19 PM   #10
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Yeah, same here. I enter my windows live id and it says connection error. I've never used One Note before, so I wasn't sure if I had to set up some sort of account first.
I believe it's trying to set up folders and such on a server so you have something to sync to. Apparently this is wide spread and MS is working on it. I'm just keep hitting sync and now it seems to be stuck on "sync in progress".

EDIT: finally got in. Now I can use the app and see how it compares to Evernote and the other billion Note apps I seem to have.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 05:46 PM   #11
jimmt
Trumpification

jimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird sings

One note is the Killer tablet app. I can see this being very sweet on an Ipad
Asus TUF B450M-Plus Gaming |Ryzen R7 2700X |16GB DDRR DRAM 3000 |MSI Radeon RX 580 8GB | 6TB NVMe/HDD |Windows 10 Pro
Laptop
Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Windows 10 Pro / OpenSuse
VR
HPWMR / PSVR
Consoles
Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBONEX|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Genesis
Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.
jimmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2011, 05:58 PM   #12
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmt View Post
One note is the Killer tablet app. I can see this being very sweet on an Ipad
I could too, but a tiny phone? Hell naw.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:33 AM   #13
erek
Banned

erek is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
what's your problem? the apple iPhone blows.
erek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2011, 01:00 PM   #14
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by erek View Post
what's your problem? the apple iPhone blows.
Whatever you say, chief. I'd you guys hate these products so much, why do you keep coming into the threads just to state that fact? What's your objective? You guys want us to know that you think the devices are inferior or what we do with them is a waste of time?

I get it, but we don't care. If you want to participate in a real discussion that's one thing. To come in and just state that something sucks and you don't use it for such and such reason or that some other device does such and such better is just ridiculous.

So theres my problem. People that have some wierd hatred for a particular device and run amok on the forum finding every thread about it just to go in there and state "it sucks" or it's inferior, etc etc.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 07:53 PM   #15
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Whatever you say, chief. I'd you guys hate these products so much, why do you keep coming into the threads just to state that fact? What's your objective? You guys want us to know that you think the devices are inferior or what we do with them is a waste of time?

I get it, but we don't care. If you want to participate in a real discussion that's one thing. To come in and just state that something sucks and you don't use it for such and such reason or that some other device does such and such better is just ridiculous.

So theres my problem. People that have some wierd hatred for a particular device and run amok on the forum finding every thread about it just to go in there and state "it sucks" or it's inferior, etc etc.
he's just trollin'
Old Jan 19, 2011, 08:07 PM   #16
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
he's just trollin'
That was my point, in a long drawn out sort of babbling way. I'll never understand trolling, people need to grow up. Don't they have something better to do?

Ok, I'm done now
Old Jan 19, 2011, 08:12 PM   #17
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
he's just trollin'
they hatin'

Lol me with the windows phone just thought of setting up a to do list and was wondering if there was an app i could use to do it.
I saw this thread and it clicked instantly....i have Office capability with the windows phone and it must have OneNote since its from MS.....
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:24 PM   #18
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sigh, this app is beautiful but a pain in the ass. Figured out how to had more notebooks. But I had to go to a real computer to the SkyDrive and create them there since you can't (or I haven't found) out how to do it on the iPhone. This would be a sick app on the iPad. Sick. I think this is a bit easier to work with than Evernote. I don't know. OneNote is the only app I missed from Windows.
I used Evernote for more detailed notes. I use 2Do to track my to do list and **** that needs to get down by a certain date.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 12:47 AM   #19
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

I'm think I'm going to stick with Evernote. With OneNote, I can't move notes from Notebook to Notebook. For example, I'll have an image or text or whatever dumped into a default folder, then I'll organize that note to another notebook later on. OneNote sure is pretty, images appear lovely on the iPhone (I typically head my notes with a picture of high rez, but it appears properly on iOS and the web; a feature Evernote severly lacks since the pics come out way to big for the iPhone screen) but the lack of not being able to move notes around from Notebook to notebook + the lack of emailing/sharing options is a deal breaker.