Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 15, 2012, 07:36 PM   #1621
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Arghuin
Nexus 6

Arghuin is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombatant View Post
Yeah, €60 for the game is steep :/ But will probably end up buying it anyway :/

On-a-not-so related note: Skyrim, BF3, ME3, Guild Wars 2 gets released on April 10th and now D3 on May 15th? Bring on more games why dont you
Arghuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:14 AM   #1622
marqmajere
GeeVooForceDoo

marqmajere is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arghuin View Post

On-a-not-so related note: Skyrim, BF3, ME3, Guild Wars 2 gets released on April 10th and now D3 on May 15th? Bring on more games why dont you
GW2 pre-purchase on April 10th. I WISH it were being released then.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:15 AM   #1623
marqmajere
GeeVooForceDoo

marqmajere is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
Excuse me guys but i'd like to point out how angry I am that a blizzard triple A title is $60 when that standard has been set for years. Excuse me while I go rage at my unrealistic expectations.
Excuse me but I'd like to point out how Blizzard is charging us full price for a game that's 70% complete.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:36 AM   #1624
Jaws of Life
Radeon Evergreen

Jaws of Life is still being judged by the masses

Well finally, we get a release date. It may be 2 months away but who cares, at least we know when we can start playing.
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-M Pro| CPU: Intel i5-2500 @ 3.3ghz : 8gb DDR3 Kingston RAM| VGA: Nvidia Gigabyte 896mb GTX260 | HDD: 2x640gb WE SATAII | Case: Thermaltake ARMOR | PSU: Coolmaster Silent Pro M700 | Sound: SB X-FI Xtreme | OS: Vista x64 SP2 Home Premium | Monitor: Black Widscreen LG 24" LCD
Jaws of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:05 AM   #1625
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

dmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmet Otter View Post
I'll buy it and support them. It can't be that bad.
People are brutal. I notice a lot of people are pretty tough on Blizzard. Diablo 3 is going to be an amazing game for what it is.

PVP Arena is not available on release but will be patched in when Blizzard is completely satisfied.

RMAH is disappointing to me but w/e..

Pretty much everything else looks great. Love the art style, Love the physics, Love the rune system, Love the spell effects, Love all the classes, Love the Music and Matt is going to be involved with some of the music also.

If your a person that likes ARPG's then I don't know how you could bitch about this game. Its going to be 10x better than Diablo 2.. I know you cant potion guzzle anymore get over it. I know you cant google search your point allocation anymore.. get over it.. You don't have skill points anymore .. get over it.

Most of the changes Blizzard made will make the game more fun to play and systematically allow them to balance the game to keep it more challenging.. instead of allowing people to out level Hell.. Inferno will always have a level on you.

I can understand if people were bitching about the RMAH.. hell I can understand if people are skeptical of some of the changes, but I don't understand where all the negativity is coming from. The game looks amazing and it will definitely be challenging.
dmanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:33 AM   #1626
Jaws of Life
Radeon Evergreen

Let's be real, it's NOT going to be 10x better than Diablo 2. The time of innocence for Blizzard has passed. Did I say it won't be good? No. They'll still make some of the best games, but they will never return to their glory days of innovation and a perfect balance of skill/mechanics. When the need to impress far out-weighed a profit spreadsheet.
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-M Pro| CPU: Intel i5-2500 @ 3.3ghz : 8gb DDR3 Kingston RAM| VGA: Nvidia Gigabyte 896mb GTX260 | HDD: 2x640gb WE SATAII | Case: Thermaltake ARMOR | PSU: Coolmaster Silent Pro M700 | Sound: SB X-FI Xtreme | OS: Vista x64 SP2 Home Premium | Monitor: Black Widscreen LG 24" LCD
Old Mar 16, 2012, 04:15 AM   #1627
TekBug
Radeon R420

TekBug is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws of Life View Post
.... but they will never return to their glory days of innovation and a perfect balance <snip>
That right there speaks practically of the entire gaming industry with exception of some indies.
TekBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 05:44 AM   #1628
globalist
Rage3D Veteran

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I see D3 is 40EUR at amazon.co.uk

Makes me wonder:

Can I get my UK friend to fetch the game for me from http://amazon.co.uk, he then sends me the Serial Number and can I use said number to unlock the digital download that I preload from battle.net?

Last edited by globalist : Mar 16, 2012 at 05:49 AM.
globalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 05:52 AM   #1629
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

amazon will likely sell boxed copies, not digital download codes so you won't be able to preload. he'll get the game after release and then he can send you the code which you can link to battle.net.

also keep in mind that diablo 3, like starcraft 2 before it, will probably be region locked. if you get a specific region version of the game, you will only be able to play co-op, pvp and use the auction house with people from that region. amazon uk will have the european version so if you're in europe, that's fine but if you're anywhere else, you might want to consider getting the correct region copy of the game.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:02 AM   #1630
globalist
Rage3D Veteran

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Yes I'm in the EU so region is not a concern to me.

Regarding the preload, you do not have to enter a "preload key" to be able to use the game downloader client. So I assume it will ask me for a Serial Number (which the friend will email to me) once the download is finished and the game ready to be installed - same as it will ask those with boxed copies.

Or am I missing something?
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:14 AM   #1631
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

i wasn't aware that you could preload without a key. in that case, you should be okay.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:00 AM   #1632
globalist
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
i wasn't aware that you could preload without a key. in that case, you should be okay.
Yes you can apparently:

US:
http://us.media.battle.net.edgesuite...downloader.exe

EU:
http://eu.media.battle.net.edgesuite...downloader.exe

I'm however getting "The tracker is not responding" so there's either something wrong on my end or Blizz has simply pulled the plug on the preloads (for now).
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:47 PM   #1633
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Seems the game client has hit the internet (10gb). Since you need battlenet access obviously for the quests and stuff, I hear that people on an emulated server are still able to roam around the maps and look at mobs and locations. Guess they figure when the game releases they will know where all the major mobs are located. No official word from Blizzard yet.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Mar 16, 2012 at 12:50 PM.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:20 PM   #1634
globalist
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
I hear that people on an emulated server are still able to roam around the maps and look at mobs and locations. Guess they figure when the game releases they will know where all the major mobs are located. No official word from Blizzard yet.
I don't think this has anything to do with the full downloadable client (see my previous post for download links).

The full client is encrypted (and not likely to be decrypted by other parties than Blizz anytime soon before the end of the world) so those on the emulated servers are only roaming whatever they've been roaming until now, i.e. the content of the beta client.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:23 PM   #1635
Jaws of Life
Radeon Evergreen

Can you access the preload options via Account Management? I have the SE from the 1 year WoW deal. It's 1am, I can't seem to find anything.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 02:26 PM   #1636
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalist View Post
I don't think this has anything to do with the full downloadable client (see my previous post for download links).

The full client is encrypted (and not likely to be decrypted by other parties than Blizz anytime soon before the end of the world) so those on the emulated servers are only roaming whatever they've been roaming until now, i.e. the content of the beta client.
Leaked is probably not the correct term either since I believe you can get this directly from Blizzard?

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 02:31 PM   #1637
globalist
Rage3D Veteran

Yeah, the download links are the same as you'd get if you hit the download button on your bnet account preload page.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 03:45 AM   #1638
Jaws of Life
Radeon Evergreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalist View Post
Yeah, the download links are the same as you'd get if you hit the download button on your bnet account preload page.
Now to stare @ the setup.exe for 2 months. I don't want to imagine the amount of people trying to log on during the first hour of live servers. Is there going to be an Australian realm? Or the Europe, East/West US etc from D2.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 04:16 AM   #1639
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

they're probably going to use the starcraft 2 setup so australia will come under SEA.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 04:21 AM   #1640
TekBug
Radeon R420

TekBug is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws of Life View Post
Now to stare @ the setup.exe for 2 months. I don't want to imagine the amount of people trying to log on during the first hour of live servers. Is there going to be an Australian realm? Or the Europe, East/West US etc from D2.
I think what I'd also like to know is what if I purchase D3 from an overseas vendor, will it be region locked to the region it was purchased in?

For instance, ozgameshop have D3 available for pre-order for $52.99 AUD. So if I were to purchase it, I'm wondering if it will work in whatever region Australia gets tossed into.

If I had to pay > $80 AUD for D3 when other territories are getting it for $59.99 at most and that the AUD is over parity to the US dollar, I'm going to give it a pass. Sick of being ripped off and I will vote with my wallet.

Edit: Ah - this is from OzGameShop regarding Diablo III:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzGameShop
Please Note: This is the European version of the game. Diablo III will not be region locked, you can select any region to play in but RMAH will be region locked..
So I take from that when I install D3, it will ask me what region I'm in (or auto-detect) and then configure itself to work from within Australia. Sound right to you folks? Or does it mean that as it is a European version, the RMAH will only work with the European region?

Second Edit --> Linkage to ozgameshop for those Aussies who want a competitive deal - OzGameShop - Diablo III Pre-Order

Last edited by TekBug : Mar 17, 2012 at 04:26 AM.
TekBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:13 AM   #1641
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

turns out i might be wrong about the region locking thing. i went ahead and purchased the game from battle.net and it shows the game region as 'global'
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:55 AM   #1642
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Bought and preloading, waiting for a price drop on Blizzard games is like waiting for an Apple product to price drop.
Nascar24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:29 AM   #1643
Cartigan
Banned

Cartigan is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Bought and preloading, waiting for a price drop on Blizzard games is like waiting for an Apple product to price drop.
Yeah, aren't they still selling Warcraft 3 for the same price?
Cartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:42 AM   #1644
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartigan View Post
Yeah, aren't they still selling Warcraft 3 for the same price?
Surprisingly no, only 19.99. It took about a year before I saw a half off sale on Starcraft 2, but if you miss them they go back up to normal price. But do you really want to wait another year to play the game.
Nascar24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:46 AM   #1645
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
lol no. It'll be $59.99 just like Starcraft was.
60 euros is like 80 US dollars, thats ridiculous.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:55 AM   #1646
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Well its good that this game finally got a release date. Unlike SC2, don't think will purchase on day one after playing the beta. Was a chore to be honest. Found Dungeon Siege 3 to be better game than Diablo 3. Might wait for a price drop AKA 2 years...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 03:14 PM   #1647
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I have had the collector's edition preordered since a loooooong time ago. I think I preordered when I got my $20 discount from Amazon for the wrong version of Dark Souls. The total cost will be 80 bucks with release date delivery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 03:25 PM   #1648
spyre
ATI Beta Tester

spyre is still being judged by the masses

I bought it from Amazon to beta test the drivers with.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:22 PM   #1649
mad
:mad:

mad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
turns out i might be wrong about the region locking thing. i went ahead and purchased the game from battle.net and it shows the game region as 'global'
From what is now in the beta you will be able to change your region in the settings:

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."

Richard Cook
mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 09:56 AM   #1650
teh_moleman
Radeon R520

teh_moleman is still being judged by the masses

Anyone have any experience with Amazon's release day delivery? I didn't know it was only $0.99 shipping. I always figured that would cost like $15-20 extra and never tried it. I actually have never pre-ordered anything online, always went with Gamestop for that.

Last edited by teh_moleman : Mar 18, 2012 at 09:58 AM.
teh_moleman is offline   Reply With Quote