Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:20 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Jaws of Life
Radeon Evergreen

Jaws of Life is still being judged by the masses

Default Diablo 3 - Official Discussion Thread

Last edited by Jaws of Life : Jun 28, 2008 at 06:53 AM.
Jaws of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:21 AM   #2
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

party time
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:35 AM   #3
Jaws of Life
Radeon Evergreen

Last edited by Jaws of Life : Jun 28, 2008 at 06:56 AM.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:37 AM   #4
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tork64 is still being judged by the masses

wooooooooo
Tork64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:43 AM   #5
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

holy crap!
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:44 AM   #6
cyfgeorge
Radeon R100

cyfgeorge is still being judged by the masses

Let's dance~ Yeah~~~

cyfgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:45 AM   #7
S.Nixx
Null & Void

S.Nixx is still being judged by the masses

damn invitational started early, oh well i started the stream just as some french dude was saying "so there we go diablo 3" im like wtf arg
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:51 AM   #8
tjf81
Radeon R520

tjf81 is still being judged by the masses

It's like a dream come true for me. Both Starcraft2 and Diablo3 coming. My top 2 favorite games of all time. How am I gonna play both of them...
tjf81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 08:40 AM   #9
jimmt
Trumpification

jimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird sings

I am not a big fan of this gaming genre, but I loved the heck out of the Doablo series. This is awesome news!
Asus TUF B450M-Plus Gaming |Ryzen R7 2700X |16GB DDRR DRAM 3000 |MSI Radeon RX 580 8GB | 6TB NVMe/HDD |Windows 10 Pro
Laptop
Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Windows 10 Pro / OpenSuse
VR
HPWMR / PSVR
Consoles
Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBONEX|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Genesis
Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.
jimmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2008, 07:54 PM   #10
RavenX
Radeon 2000 Ultra

RavenX is still being judged by the masses

It will support Havoc engine which means it is optimized for ATI video cards.
RavenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2008, 09:07 PM   #11
fyreprone
Radeon R420

fyreprone is still being judged by the masses

Really I'd say it's pretty early to judge Diablo3.
fyreprone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2008, 09:10 PM   #12
bounty_hunter
Radeon Arctic Islands

bounty_hunter is still being judged by the masses

I laugh at these complaints because you buggers are still going to buy them game.

system sepcs: Ultra X-Finity 500W ATX PS w/2 80mm Fans-Athlon-64 3400+ - GigaByte K8NS nForce-3 250 Chipset- ATI Radeon X800-Pro 256MB-Western Digital 200 GB 7200 RPM-dvd 16x-sony dvd rw dw-d22a
once in the 70's i tried boy scout cookies, they tasted weird and confusing. -logen
bounty_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2008, 11:01 PM   #13
kingofslackerz
busy doing nothin

kingofslackerz is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounty_hunter View Post
I laugh at these complaints because you buggers are still going to buy them game.
Of course we are, but still, I'm not happy with the style their presenting so far.

Quote:
I seriously don't see how people can compare D3's graphics to WoW's. Oh well I guess some folks are just looking for something to nag about and won't be happy until they ruin it for themselves. Honestly I love D3's update graphics and they look very nice with out getting all emo with grays and brown and yet they aren't eye blinding bright with color as you see in WoW.
All you @!#holes claiming we're just complaining to complain can kiss my ass.

Some of us played diablo for different reasons. I for one hand loved the gritty gothic feel along with the blood and all the gore. You may have loved it for w/e other reason.

Point is, I'm not happy with the style, and I'm pointing out why I'm not.
If you're not going to have a discussion about it, and are just going to complain about us/me arguing, please, just shutup already.

Last edited by kingofslackerz : Jun 30, 2008 at 11:32 PM.
kingofslackerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 12:08 AM   #14
Drift3r
Radeon R600

Drift3r is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofslackerz View Post
Of course we are, but still, I'm not happy with the style their presenting so far.

All you @!#holes claiming we're just complaining to complain can kiss my ass.

Some of us played diablo for different reasons. I for one hand loved the gritty gothic feel along with the blood and all the gore. You may have loved it for w/e other reason.

Point is, I'm not happy with the style, and I'm pointing out why I'm not.
If you're not going to have a discussion about it, and are just going to complain about us/me arguing, please, just shutup already.
Okay we get it already stop your crying. Shhhesh...talk about nerd rage.

Last edited by Drift3r : Jul 1, 2008 at 12:13 AM.
Drift3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 12:10 AM   #15
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Why do people like Diablo. I never played the games...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 05:51 PM   #16
kingofslackerz
busy doing nothin

kingofslackerz is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift3r View Post
Okay we get it already stop your crying. Shhhesh...talk about nerd rage.
Wonderful addition to this thread. Well done [clap] [clap]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy
You guys are really gonna have a hissy fit when the aliens and antigrav stuff shows up later in this game.
Lol, people would **** a brick.
kingofslackerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 11:03 AM   #17
Adanu
MRA in Residence

Adanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounty_hunter View Post

Tried it at a friends house, found it to be too mindless for me, never touched it again.
Adanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 11:55 AM   #18
PrayForMojo
Radeon R420

PrayForMojo is still being judged by the masses

Hell yeh I'm getting this game. When you put the DII and DIII screens next to each other I can really see how much the styles have changed. I actually prefer the WoW/cartoony style better than the real-life style of DII.
PrayForMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 09:39 AM   #19
Blundaar
SPOON!

Blundaar is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
It will support Havoc engine which means it is optimized for ATI video cards.
Remember how crappy D2 looked on our awesome 32-bit cards, trying to play a 16-bit color game (at least for ATI card owners)? Ugh.
Before I forget about this game for the year- I have to agree that Blizzards' success is in large part due to the ability to play a very well made game across a wide range of PC's, but I would really like to see them get away from the WOW/WC3 look and quit kissing up to grandaddy's 6-year-old PC already.
Blundaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 10:34 AM   #20
Melchior
RG SSAA ftw!

Melchior is still being judged by the masses

You know, there were some fairly colorful/not filled with the darkness of doom areas in DII. One or two maps from D3 shouldn't be taken as an indicator of the overall mood the devs are going for, it changes with the area and events. It "is" a little smoother than I thought I would like, but watching the gameplay vids makes me think that won't be a real issue.
Lite-On Combo drive /WD Caviar Black 640gb
ATI x1800xl Sapphire 6570, yay ssaa again
M-audio Delta 410 | Magnepan MMGs
Corsair 650TX PSU
Melchior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 01:07 PM   #21
zodiak
YAWK YAWK YAWK

zodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
You know, there were some fairly colorful/not filled with the darkness of doom areas in DII. One or two maps from D3 shouldn't be taken as an indicator of the overall mood the devs are going for, it changes with the area and events. It "is" a little smoother than I thought I would like, but watching the gameplay vids makes me think that won't be a real issue.
And most of them were pretty boring, namely above ground Act I, Act II and Act V's highlands. The trend? The above ground areas were mostly bland and uninspired. Diablo is a game of evil and the dungeons have always best reflected that. Take the original game for example, it had fantastic atmosphere and the town actually made sense.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 01:18 PM   #22
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

That's funny, i liked the second act in D2 best
It doesn't need to be gory and gritty just because you're hunting monsters, in my opinion. I actually prefer diversity instead of just one dungeon, like in D1. Gimme gritty "real" stuff, gimme shiny, jungles, whatever. I hate games with just one setting, it's boring. I couldn't play Doom 3 or Crysis for these reasons. The first one had bump mapped pipes, and the other shiny leaves, whoopty doo.

Granted though, the town in the first Diablo was very, very nice.
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 10:59 AM   #23
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

They really need to add a heavy piss filter and lots of grain filter.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 09:30 PM   #24
phial
no things

phial is still being judged by the masses

i think i lke diablo2's graphics better still. i'll still buy it , trailers can be misleading. maybe gameplay will be a positive suprise.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 11:26 PM   #25
Jaws of Life
Radeon Evergreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by phial View Post
i think i lke diablo2's graphics better still. i'll still buy it , trailers can be misleading. maybe gameplay will be a positive suprise.
There's a video stream of wizard gameplay footage on the information page. I love the time sphere.
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-M Pro| CPU: Intel i5-2500 @ 3.3ghz : 8gb DDR3 Kingston RAM| VGA: Nvidia Gigabyte 896mb GTX260 | HDD: 2x640gb WE SATAII | Case: Thermaltake ARMOR | PSU: Coolmaster Silent Pro M700 | Sound: SB X-FI Xtreme | OS: Vista x64 SP2 Home Premium | Monitor: Black Widscreen LG 24" LCD
Old Jul 1, 2008, 03:18 AM   #26
Corster
Let's start an argument!

Corster is still being judged by the masses

I'm gonna cream my pants...

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is bunny. He plans to take-over the world. help him by adding him to your signature.

`\ 0,o /"
__ -
The goggles do nothing...
Corster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 03:24 AM   #27
sMashPiranha
Radeon Volcanic Islands

sMashPiranha is still being judged by the masses

Coming from someone who played Diablo to death and has never cared about most of their other games, I have to say it just doesn't look evil enough.
sMashPiranha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 03:30 AM   #28
Cowzrul
Dazed and Confused

Cowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Hardcore mode might be a little too tough if the boss monsters can just grab you and bite your head off. Although I must admit that was really friggin cool.

Maybe it should just do it to hirelings or something.
Cowzrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 03:42 AM   #29
marqmajere
GeeVooForceDoo

marqmajere is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowzrul View Post
Hardcore mode might be a little too tough if the boss monsters can just grab you and bite your head off. Although I must admit that was really friggin cool.

Maybe it should just do it to hirelings or something.
Im willing to bet it's just a death animation.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 03:54 AM   #30
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

You can register your Diablo 2/LOD cd-key at the blizzard store and download and install the game from there

My Diablo 2 discs are getting damaged so this is awesome

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote