Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Jul 19, 2019, 09:55 AM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Lucky! Mine says, "It's not practical".
Is she related to my wife?

Mine also says "you can't get in or out of it."

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:04 AM   #122
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
But it has two trunks!
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:47 AM   #123
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

I'm pleased for Chevy on the launch of the C8. Overall, it's been positive messages across the interweb. Yes, there are some diehard Vette fans that are not pleased with the new direction. However, I think they will begin to appeal to a new set of buyers (and more European buyers) with the C8.

It's probably the first Corvette that has made me actually consider buying one (as a street car).
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:04 AM   #124
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

For years I've watch UK reviewers say the Vette was a great value BUT you can't get it with the steering wheel on the correct side. I expect the C8 will sell well in the UK.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:12 AM   #125
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
This quote keeps running through my head:
"It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission."
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:16 AM   #126
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
I'm pleased for Chevy on the launch of the C8. Overall, it's been positive messages across the interweb. Yes, there are some diehard Vette fans that are not pleased with the new direction. However, I think they will begin to appeal to a new set of buyers (and more European buyers) with the C8.

It's probably the first Corvette that has made me actually consider buying one (as a street car).
I think it's a clear shot across the bow to Boomers, that they won't continue to try to appeal to them.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:24 AM   #127
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

I just saw it and I admit I liked this new design and yes, I also knew that they will still using OHV 6.2L V8. I'm so glad they used that instead of throw a twin turbo V6. But sadly, no manual option though. lol.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:42 AM   #128
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSGRUNT View Post
This quote keeps running through my head:
"It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission."
She's right to some degree. It's too small for me to live in.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2019, 12:04 PM   #129
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

On second thought, I want to see Z06 and ZR1 versions of this.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2019, 02:14 PM   #130
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

I bet if I got a silver one and parked in place of the Z4 the wife wouldn't even notice.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 03:20 PM   #131
DigitalDemon
Swordless Mimetown

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

Kinda looks like a Ferrari in the front, and a Camaro in the back. A Fiero.
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2019, 03:47 PM   #132
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDemon View Post
Maybe this will be what finally brings back the mullet!
Old Jul 19, 2019, 04:19 PM   #133
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Old Jul 19, 2019, 05:00 PM   #134
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Looks nice to me, but out of my price range
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2019, 05:08 PM   #135
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Looks nice to me, but out of my price range
That's the shitty part for me. I could easily afford one, but I have a family, and the kids will need cars in 4-6 years. Just can't justify wasting that kind of cash on something that I would rarely drive anyway, because I work from home.

I'll just trade my tundra in for a new truck later this year, and spend 25K or so on that transaction, and be good for the next 6-10 years.

A man can dream though...
Old Jul 19, 2019, 07:03 PM   #136
kytprice
Autism Awareness

kytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Mine also says "you can't get in or out of it."
Sad truth is I really couldn't get in or out of one.
kytprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2019, 09:54 PM   #137
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
I thought it looked like a blend of a lot of different mid engine cars. Then, earlier this afternoon I decided to do a direct comparison with the C7 using side by side photos of front view and side view (not rear, we all know that's totally different).

Now I think it looks like a mid engine C7. All the lines are the same, and it's a fantastic natural progression to the new platform. Contrary to popular belief, GM actually did their homework on this one.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 07:45 AM   #138
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Interior is nice but I hate touch screens. Give me buttons and knobs damn it!! Glad there is no piano black too.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 09:54 AM   #139
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Interior is nice but I hate touch screens. Give me buttons and knobs damn it!! Glad there is no piano black too.
Two things come to mind after watching that video...

How the **** is having 1 mile of buttons in a row "intuitive" or helpful? It looks like you'll be 100% forced to look down at those buttons any time you want to use one. Sure, I don't know what all those buttons do right now but that's sort of the problem. It's literally just a long line of buttons in a row. No obvious visible logical groupings. Some of them look like they could be traction control buttons or sport mode type buttons, others look like window seat buttons?

That gear shifter... do not want

When you pull a shifter back into gear, you want the feeling of hammering the throttle on an F-18 before screaming down the runway blaring mother****ing DANGER ZONE through every speaker in the car. Those buttons look, just wrong. Does this mean it's only available in an automatic?
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:50 AM   #140
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
Does this mean it's only available in an automatic?
At this time, yes.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 11:09 AM   #141
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Looks like it's the longest and widest Corvette, so not surprising it's also the heaviest.

https://www.motor1.com/features/3604...-predecessors/
Old Jul 20, 2019, 11:44 AM   #142
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
When you pull a shifter back into gear, you want the feeling of hammering the throttle on an F-18 before screaming down the runway blaring mother****ing DANGER ZONE through every speaker in the car.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 12:08 PM   #143
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytprice View Post
Sad truth is I really couldn't get in or out of one.
Getting old sucks.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2019, 04:39 PM   #144
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

As much as the rear-mid engine layout helps weight distribution, I think it would help further if they replaced that 6.2L V8 with a smaller, turbocharged 6 cylinder. They could have gone full Ford GT then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2019, 08:10 PM   #145
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Old Jul 20, 2019, 09:11 PM   #146
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroidfox View Post
As much as the rear-mid engine layout helps weight distribution, I think it would help further if they replaced that 6.2L V8 with a smaller, turbocharged 6 cylinder. They could have gone full Ford GT then.
How would this have helped, exactly? The LS/LT engines have never really been very heavy.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 11:38 PM   #147
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
How would this have helped, exactly? The LS/LT engines have never really been very heavy.

Mass is mass. Having less of it overall, concentrated further inwards is always better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2019, 11:59 AM   #148
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroidfox View Post
Mass is mass. Having less of it overall, concentrated further inwards is always better.
You're missing the point. The LS/LT engines aren't heavy. I'd be willing to bet the Ford GT engine with it's turbos and other hardware could actually be heavier.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:29 PM   #149
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

The main argument for lower displacement engines with FI is fuel consumption. They don't need tricks like shutting down half of the cylinders to get decent numbers. Personally, I prefer high revving engines but everyone will have their own personal preference for what they like and dislike in a vehicle.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 02:31 PM   #150
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

The more I read about it, for $60k, this car is a complete bargain.

Well done Chevrolet.