Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:24 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2019, 01:26 PM   #92
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
man I thought the rear door vents would at least be functional.
I saw the hood vent and thought yep, its now fake when the hood was opened. That's due to the hood line actulaly wrapping around the fender to the wheel well.....Open up the hood and the entirety of the fender is lined in black rubber/plastic, and theres no hole anywhere so that the vent can function lol.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2019, 03:03 PM   #93
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Not that it's a surprised, but there are BMW logos everywhere on this car.

https://jalopnik.com/what-we-found-w...sup-1831800550
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 17, 2019, 05:49 PM   #94
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2019, 09:04 PM   #95
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'm pretty sure that's a Ford Probe.

That said, I am not excited about the Supra. Hearing about it, yes. Seeing pictures of it, it looks like a truncated Camry XSE in cubism.
Crawdaddy79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2019, 04:41 PM   #96
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

yeah, it is, but still better looking than this crap.

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2019, 07:21 PM   #97
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

They both looked like ****.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2019, 10:04 PM   #98
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
They both looked like ****.
Agreed.

Also, the first 2020 Supra just sold for $2.1 million at Barett Jackson

https://vaaju.com/first-by-2020-toyo...on-scottsdale/
Old Jan 19, 2019, 10:07 PM   #99
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

I wonder if it was one of the big two car guys in the US who bought it (Jerry Seinfeld or Jay Leno)...
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2019, 09:37 AM   #100
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
I wonder if it was one of the big two car guys in the US who bought it (Jerry Seinfeld or Jay Leno)...
The buyer is apparently John Staluppi. Owner of Cars of Dreams museum in Palm Beach, Atlantic Automotive Group, and Millennium Super Yachts.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 09:40 AM   #101
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

$2.1 million ... loooooooool

what a waste of money
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:42 AM   #102
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Everyone is still talking about this but not the new Mustang GT500?
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:50 AM   #103
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Mustang has always been around, and the GT500 isn't "new" per se.

Supra has been dead since early 2000, and this is its resurrection.
Plus its from a car company that has been the gold standard for most boring automobiles on the planet (until very recently).

Plus its a Supra thread....
Old Jan 21, 2019, 02:47 PM   #104
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Supra is controversial, thus a popular topic by default. You didn't open a GT500 thread either.

That aside, the new GT500 looks and seems FANTASTIC. There are so many good cars now it's mind boggling.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 05:45 PM   #105
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Speaking of the GT500 ..

no manual. just like the Supra ..

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2019, 07:21 PM   #106
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Speaking of the GT500 ..

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
I blame millennials.

At least you can get an Accord Turbo with a manual transmission.
Crawdaddy79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2019, 07:36 PM   #107
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Speaking of the GT500 ..

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Automatic allows more gears to have torque anywhere (and it's typically faster).
Old Jan 21, 2019, 07:47 PM   #108
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
Automatic allows more gears to have torque anywhere (and it's typically faster).
Right, it makes sense. Especially when they don't want to go through the development costs of a manual when most people are buying auto anyway.

I was on the manual bandwagon for the longest time. But now...I simply don't care any more. I use a rev-match system in my car now on the track and simply removing a knob I'm moving around between shifts won't change much. On the street it might still be a bit more engaging/fun, but that's about it. Not terribly concerned about it any more.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 07:51 PM   #109
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Yah, go Toyota special drink.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 09:05 AM   #110
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Right, it makes sense. Especially when they don't want to go through the development costs of a manual when most people are buying auto anyway.

I was on the manual bandwagon for the longest time. But now...I simply don't care any more. I use a rev-match system in my car now on the track and simply removing a knob I'm moving around between shifts won't change much. On the street it might still be a bit more engaging/fun, but that's about it. Not terribly concerned about it any more.
I suppose the manual vs auto debate really ends when it comes to shift times and gas mileage. At this point in time and going forward Automatics are much better than manuals (mainly cuz Manuals capabilities haven't relaly changed)

I see the argument all the time that Autos shift faster etc and yes that is true. Its beneficial for track and all that. But I don't care about that. I don't care if its slower, I don't care if it doens't shift as fast. An automatic car is somewhat boring to drive.

My X1 with the B48 2.0 Turbo and the ZF 8 speed tranny (great transmission) shifts fast, crisp and on demand (no lag between paddle click to actual shift). Its pretty much an ideal automatic to me, but it feels so different than driving an actual manual. Not saying I prefer one or the other but I feel like driving an auto vs a manual, something is missing in the automatic.

Its like playing something like CoD or some other triple A HD video game on PC/Xbox/PS4 and then going to play Mario Kart after. I still have more fun playing Mario Kart than those HD titles. Theres just a certain something that Mario Kart has that those HD titles don't have.

I don't really yearn to have a manual, but I still want to have that self shifting engagement that a manual provides. And that is why I would like to get a manual car as my second car.
At the point of my retirement or close to it or after I had enough with manuals, i'd probably just get a slick looking grant tourer/cruiser.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:38 AM   #111
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

The more I look at this car, the more I understand what bugs me about it. It's the front end (with the front fender haunches). I like all the other views and it will look better with some spacers to get rid of the typical manufacturer sunken wheel setup.

Sure, it doesn't have 500hp. I don't think that is their target market. However, I will say if it came out with 500-550hp, people would not pick on the looks as much.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:48 PM   #112
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Old May 7, 2019, 03:59 PM   #113
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
We’ve known the new Toyota Supra would get a four-cylinder option for nearly a year now. What we haven’t known is its fate in the U.S., and it’s still hard to say—despite a recent California emissions certification for it, Toyota still says its current U.S. plans don’t include a four-cylinder.

Ah, well. Dreams of buying a cheaper fifth-generation Supra for some obscure engine swap you might want to do will have to be shelved in the U.S., for now.
https://jalopnik.com/toyota-says-fou...u-s-1834416088
Old May 10, 2019, 09:41 AM   #114
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2019, 11:38 AM   #115
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

I saw this car at the local autoshow awhile back.
Looks good in person, I think all the curves really needs to be seen in person, the static photos of certain angles makes the car look really weird and oddly proportioned.

I dunno if i'll ever pick one of these up. Its in that pricing tier where i'd probably want a comfortable GT cruiser over a hard on sports car (and no manual, and only 2 seats).
Old May 11, 2019, 02:23 PM   #116
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

I'm actually getting interested more in this car...
Old May 12, 2019, 09:26 PM   #117
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Old May 15, 2019, 10:45 PM   #118
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Old May 16, 2019, 12:38 AM   #119
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
I'd save another $7k and buy a Cayman if I wanted something light to toss around.

If I wanted a track rat, I'd buy a Camaro in the 1SS trim with the 1LE track package and save $5k.
What if you just wanted to drive a nice looking car around? No track no tossing around?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 07:11 AM   #120
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
What if you just wanted to drive a nice looking car around? No track no tossing around?
I wouldn't accuse the Supra of being nice looking