Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 27, 2011, 01:21 PM   #1831
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Syl66
I've got nothin'

Syl66 is still being judged by the masses

this beta is starting to piss me off. I've tried playing three times now and everytime about 10 mins in I get disconnected and lose all my stats.
Syl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 01:33 PM   #1832
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

the beta is already out? and can you adjust the controls? I lost interest in this game after I tried alpha.
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 01:44 PM   #1833
f!ver
Radeon R420

f!ver is still being judged by the masses

Going to probably double post but I dont feel like going through this whole thread, but is BF3 going to be an Origin exclusive? Or can we expect it to come to steam later on?

For all of you complaining that it's not on steam now, just remember that when HL2 came out you HAD to install steam with it....EA is just doing the same with their main title. Does it suck? Yes, because we only want one platform but just remember competition in the digital distribution sector is always a good thing for us consumers.

It would be nice to see EA sell BF3 on origin for 10 bucks cheaper to promote it's platform
120GB Corsair Force GT SSD
500GB Seagate Barracuda
ATI HD5850 1Gb GDDR5
Antec P-180 Case w/ Antec 900w "High Current" PSU
*running Windows 7 Enterprise x64
f!ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 27, 2011, 01:51 PM   #1834
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

I tried to login to Battlelog (I don't have Origin on this PC since it's at home in KC and I can't play until this weekend). It gave me this error:

It's the same email/password I used to install Origin at home and sign up. I also did pre-order BF3 so I don't see what I'm doing wrong.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 01:58 PM   #1835
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Unlike my foolish belief that EA would do a simple automated database check against accounts that pre-ordered BF3 LE through Origin and give access to the beta by default, apparently they send their stupid keys to everyone which you then have to redeem through Origin. Unless you got a mail, you aint getting in.
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 02:00 PM   #1836
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawdler View Post
Unlike my foolish belief that EA would do a simple automated database check against accounts that pre-ordered BF3 LE through Origin and give access to the beta by default, apparently they send their stupid keys to everyone which you then have to redeem through Origin. Unless you got one, you aint getting in.
Wait what? My Origin account doesn't already know if I have access? Crap... */goes to digging through his email*
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 02:14 PM   #1837
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syl66 View Post
this beta is starting to piss me off. I've tried playing three times now and everytime about 10 mins in I get disconnected and lose all my stats.
lulz

I'm sorry. I found this funneh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 03:22 PM   #1838
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Can anyone in Beta confirm that you can add the game to Steam and it will give the overlay, even with browser-based launcher?

If not, does the Quake Live method work, where you add your browser to Steam as a non-Steam game pointing to the Battlelog site? (Instructions are obviously Quake Live ones, but you should get the idea).

Code:
The shortcut in the target for x32 users:
"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" http://www.quakelive.com/

And If you are using x64:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" http://www.quakelive.com/
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 03:32 PM   #1839
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I have no idea why they require origin to play this game, since it doesn't use anything in origin.

Had they done it right it would integrate into origin using a built in browser like steam uses. Better yet, put the fukin browser in the friggen game. Don't get me started on being a goddamn AFK while you're trying to set your game options because you can't do it until you deploy! WTF EA?
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 03:56 PM   #1840
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Roxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badges

What a joke I can't bind ANY of my mouse buttons.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 04:01 PM   #1841
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Applied.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 04:02 PM   #1842
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Lots of clipping issues if you go prone in vegetation. Got a few kills by accident that way.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 04:30 PM   #1843
Gerard
Rage3D Veteran

Gerard is still being judged by the masses

Couple of eyefinity pics, first one had mainly high settings with a few at ultra

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gerald....-eyefinity.jpg

Scope glare 0_o

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gerald....scopeglare.jpg
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 04:33 PM   #1844
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
Couple of eyefinity pics, first one had mainly high settings with a few at ultra

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gerald....scopeglare.jpg
Thats the flashlight not scope glare. There is also a red aiming laser beam that can blind you as well.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 04:37 PM   #1845
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I've never seen it up close, but the scope glare looks like that for me too.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 04:39 PM   #1846
Gerard
Rage3D Veteran

Gerard is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Thats the flashlight not scope glare. There is also a red aiming laser beam that can blind you as well.
Its actually sniper scope glare, it was the same thing in the alpha, people thought it was a flashlight but it turned out the scope effect was totally OTT. Enough rage about it on the ea forums as it was meant to have been toned down after alpha feedback.
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 04:52 PM   #1847
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I was in the alpha, the scope glare isnt as bright as that. From afar the scope glint is bright, but not like that when close.

I youtubed it and couldnt find any comparisons between the 2 but they are completely different.

Old Sep 27, 2011, 04:52 PM   #1848
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
Its actually sniper scope glare, it was the same thing in the alpha, people thought it was a flashlight but it turned out the scope effect was totally OTT. Enough rage about it on the ea forums as it was meant to have been toned down after alpha feedback.

a good sniper scope with a hood shouldn't have any scope glare
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 04:55 PM   #1849
logical
What is my purpose?

Here we go flashlight to the face at 47 seconds:

Sniper glare from 13-20ish seconds.. its not that bright when you get up ona sniper or if they are in front of you:

Old Sep 27, 2011, 05:04 PM   #1850
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Here we go flashlight to the face at 47 seconds:

Sniper glare from 13-20ish seconds.. its not that bright when you get up ona sniper or if they are in front of you:

you got to watch that indoor sun glare
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 05:22 PM   #1851
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Imo, they should tone it down a little.

Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 05:25 PM   #1852
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Imo, they should tone it down a little.

LMAO. You get the drop on him?
Old Sep 27, 2011, 05:27 PM   #1853
logical
What is my purpose?

Saw some video... looks like they fixed squad spawning...but you still cant pick the squad you want to be on.

Old Sep 27, 2011, 05:30 PM   #1854
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

still not a fan of how fast you die, especially when compared with BC2...
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 05:43 PM   #1855
Rifle_shot
Radeon R600

Rifle_shot is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Saw some video... looks like they fixed squad spawning...but you still cant pick the squad you want to be on.
wtf- so I can't be in a squad with my friends? DICE/EA/whoever is in charge needs to stop trying to herd us like we are all retards and can't make decisions for ourselves.
Dual 1gb ATI HD 4850's CrossfireX
Realtek HD Audio
17 in 1920x1200 screen
500 gb + 320 gb SATA hard drives
Vista Ultimate x64 + Windows 7 upgrade

Desktop System :
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ @ 2.7 ghz
2.0 GB G.skill DDR 400 memory
Evga 9800 GT 512mb
Creative Sound Blaster Live
22" Insignia HDTV/LCD @ 1680x1050
160 gb Western Digital SATA hard drive
Windows XP MCE 2005

007 Nightfire
007 Quantum of Solace
007 Bloodstone
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Battlefield 1942
Battlefield 2 + SF
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Bioshock
Bioshock II
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 4: MW
Call of Duty 5: WaW
Call of Duty 6: MW2
Call of Duty 7: BO
Call of Juarez
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Dead Rising II
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fallout: 3
Fallout: NV
Far Cry
Far Cry II
F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. II
Gears of War
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter II
Grand Theft Auto IV
GRID
Half-Life
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Ep1
Half-Life 2: Ep2
Halo
Halo 2
HAWX
Hitman: Blood Money
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead II
Madden 2008
Mass Effect
Mass Effect II
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Medal of Honor 2010
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Need for Speed: Shift
Need for Speed: Undercover
Need for Speed: Underground
Need for Speed: Underground II
Portal
Prototype
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Rainbow Six: Vegas II
Resident Evil 5
RollerCoaster Tycoon
RollerCoaster Tycoon II
Sims 2
Sims 3
Splinter-Cell
Splinter-Cell: Double Agent
Splinter-Cell: Conviction
Spider-man 3
Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions
Spider-man: Web of Shadows
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk''s American Wasteland
Wolfenstein
Worms: Reloaded
Rifle_shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 05:53 PM   #1856
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
I noticed this just earlier. Complete f--king lamesauce. No commo rose in the beta either, though. Maybe they'll improve and/or fix some of these things when the game releases in October.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 05:59 PM   #1857
logical
What is my purpose?

More on the sniper glint, its there in your face but not like the flashlight is. If you watch this video here" http://stfcc.org/misc/vids/?name=BF3%20beta%20gameplay%203

Around 52-53 seconds you can see the glare relatively close. I still dont like it that bright but its not as bad as people make it out to be. The people who are complaining are mostly those gay snipers that sit back and dont push.. now they are getting killer easier.

Old Sep 27, 2011, 06:05 PM   #1858
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
Can anyone in Beta confirm that you can add the game to Steam and it will give the overlay, even with browser-based launcher?

If not, does the Quake Live method work, where you add your browser to Steam as a non-Steam game pointing to the Battlelog site? (Instructions are obviously Quake Live ones, but you should get the idea).
Negative. When I try that method, Steam's overlay is stuck on the Battlelog/Firefox and even when I launch the game it doesn't move into the new window that pops up.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 06:44 PM   #1859
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Negative. When I try that method, Steam's overlay is stuck on the Battlelog/Firefox and even when I launch the game it doesn't move into the new window that pops up.
Well that sucks.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 06:54 PM   #1860
Chubz
Doomer

If anyone has managed to get the game working with the Steam overlay, I would greatly appreciate it if you would share your tips with us. It's driving me nuts not being able to talk to my Steam friends without alt-tabbing out of the game.